• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Articalys

A while back I swore I'd try and get a national dex by the time Sun & Moon came out, but by virtue of basically not playing the game at all since then, that has been an abject failure (still at only around 200 or so). I should just accept I'm actually a super-casual player who buys the game, plays through the main story and post-game story content while only really collecting just enough to make a team I like, maybe takes a crack or two at battle facility content, gets stomped for it because my teams are built for overleveled-steamroll-with-type-advantage single player and not competitive battling, then largely puts the game down except for once in a while.

I don't know if what Sun/Moon has will be enough to change any of that, but we'll see.

It'll prob unlock at midnight EST or near then IIRC - I recall doing the same for XY, and it was rough then since everyone was downloading it back then, lol

Should be easier because of preloading this time around, though :)

Eastern time? That's 11 PM my time which is a dream come true for me if true.

I'm use to the way Sony does it by unlocking at Eastern time. I hope Nintendo starts doing the same.

Eastern time? That's 11 PM my time which is a dream come true for me if true.

I'm use to the way Sony does it by unlocking at Eastern time. I hope Nintendo starts doing the same.

Every digital WiiU and 3DS game from Nintendo I've preloaded unlocked at midnight eastern. Assuming they will stay the course.

Hey guys, dunno if this is the right place to post begging requests but if anyone has a contrary snivy id love to get my hands on that while I catch up on ORAS. The hype for moon got me back into the game 😬. PM me if you wanna help a fellow trainer out.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
heads up game in the wild

some one on 4chan from the looks of thing has moon and is starting to post stuff

Seems to be slow on the leak though as everyone is just shitposting, but looks like they finally balanced Grass by giving it a shitty starting move rather Razor Leaf lol

Seems to be slow on the leak though as everyone is just shitposting, but looks like they finally balanced Grass by giving it a shitty starting move rather Razor Leaf lol

yeah from what i got i don't think he is going to be posting alot, mainly just mon stats and moves

he also doesn't want to show the cart to give the serial number so there might be more to it

GoldStarz

So do we know...

the types and names for the two lines that weren't officially revealed? Also does Wimpod's evo stay BugWater?

Danielsan

So, with Sun and Moon fast approaching I've been getting hyped again and I've started working on building my first living dex in Pokemon Y. I've bought copies of White 2, Platinum and Soul Silver and I've been going through Black(1) these past two weeks. With Y being my base for the Dex I've been checking the GTS for some hard to get legendaries every now and then, as well as for some general trades.

So.. yesterday I decided to see if I could get an event legendary for one of my shinies, given that I missed the majority of the event pokemon. I put up my shiny Octillary and asked for a Darkrai, and low and behold. A couple of hours later I got myself a Darkrai. Except not just a regular Darkrai, but a shiny one. Needless to say this set off some alarm bells. I've been reading up a bit, but apparently the GTS has been flooded with hacked event pokemon? What are the best ways to check if a trade is legit or not. And are there any known consequences for keeping these trades in your collection?

So, with Sun and Moon fast approaching I've been getting hyped again and I've started working on building my first living dex in Pokemon Y. I've bought copies of White 2, Platinum and Soul Silver and I've been going through Black(1) these past two weeks. With Y being my base for the Dex I've been checking the GTS for some hard to get legendaries every now and then, as well as for some general trades.

So.. yesterday I decided to see if I could get an event legendary for one of my shinies, given that I missed the majority of the event pokemon. I put up my shiny Octillary and asked for a Darkrai, and low and behold. A couple of hours later I got myself a Darkrai. Except not just a regular Darkrai, but a shiny one. Needless to say this set off some alarm bells. I've been reading up a bit, but apparently the GTS has been flooded with hacked event pokemon? What are the best ways to check if a trade is legit or not. And are there any known consequences for keeping these trades in your collection?

99% of mythicals from GTS are hacked. The other 1% are cloned.

Reason being, most mythicals have an event ribbon that prohibits trading on GTS or Wonder Trade. Therefore, to be traded, the ribbon had to be removed or the Pokemon generated from scratch.

Your Darkrai may have been from the Member Card event, which may not have a ribbon (I'm not 100% sure), but it's still highly likely that it's hacked (and if not, it was cloned).

There are no generally consequences if you use them in-game or keep them in your collection. The only time anyone checks your Pokemon is if you enter local tournaments or online tournaments (and they will only check your teams).

Danielsan

99% of mythicals from GTS are hacked. The other 1% are cloned.

Reason being, most mythicals have an event ribbon that prohibits trading on GTS or Wonder Trade. Therefore, to be traded, the ribbon had to be removed or the Pokemon generated from scratch.

Your Darkrai may have been from the Member Card event, which may not have a ribbon (I'm not 100% sure), but it's still highly likely that it's hacked (and if not, it was cloned).

There are no generally consequences if you use them in-game or keep them in your collection. The only time anyone checks your Pokemon is if you enter local tournaments or online tournaments (and they will only check your teams).
Thanks for the response. Good to know. I wasn't really aware of the ribbons up until today (and I'm still not sure which ones have them or not). On the summary it says it's from the 14th movie. But I'll just assume that it's a hack. Happy to hear there are no really consequences though, so I can at least hold on to it to fill up the dex.

Any word from Game Freak on tightening the security on Sun and Moon? Can we expect these hacked pokemon won't make the journey through the bank to Sun and Moon in January?

Thanks for the response. Good to know. I wasn't really aware of the ribbons up until today (and I'm still not sure which ones have them or not). On the summary it says it's from the 14th movie. But I'll just assume that it's a hack. Happy to hear there are no really consequences though, so I can at least hold on to it to fill up the dex.

Any word from Game Freak on tightening the security on Sun and Moon? Can we expect these hacked pokemon won't make the journey through the bank to Sun and Moon in January?

If it's from the 14th movie, it almost definitely is hacked. That means it came from a distribution event and there has never been a shiny event Darkrai.

Hmm, it's possible there might be security measures, but it doesn't really matter since there's a 99% chance that Sun and Moon themselves will be hacked.

Game Freak did add increased security to the Sun and Moon demo (props to them), but hackers eventually cracked it. So unless they upped the security even more for the full game (unlikely since it probably shipped by that point in time), you know what that means...

AerialAir

Banned
Anyone pre-ordering from Amazon (EU) know how the Quick Ball DLC will be distributed? I know some retailers in the UK are putting it on the invoice, but this doesn't seem to be the case with Amazon?

So I'm looking to get Omega Ruby so I can build up my Pokedex for Sun/Moon(yes, I know I cant transfer to it for a couple more months), and I just realized that this game has like every legendary except the three Gen I birds?

Also, I know theres probably not an answer yet, but if I have Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard in my national Pokedex, then transfer them to Sun/Moon, will I only have Charizard counted as being caught, or all three?

Also, I found this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZB2WR1W/?tag=neogaf0e-20 . Is this legit? Not looking to buy it since it literally sucks the fun out, but someone either has waaaaaaay too much time on their hands or that thing is bogus.

I've decided I want to hold regularly scheduled (probably biweekly or monthly) gaf tournaments once Sun and Moon come out with different themes each time (some will be vgc rules, smogon rules, some will be special rules, etc.) and I wanted to gauge preliminary interest.

First one I was thinking of running would be held probably 2 weeks after launch and be mostly for fun with the rules being you use the team you first beat the game with (Although you'd be allowed to evolve and teach new moves and the like after you beat the game, and it would be a flat level battle so level grinding wouldn't be necessary)

I'd give it a shot. I've been out of the Pokemon game since OG Silver tho, so I have a crap ton of catching up to do just in terms of all the extras.

Gengahrrr

Solgaleo and Lunala spoilers:

They in fact do share a common pre-evolution and it's Cosmog's evolved form. It was leaked by the upcoming Alola TCG set.

RomanceDawn

So I'm looking to get Omega Ruby so I can build up my Pokedex for Sun/Moon(yes, I know I cant transfer to it for a couple more months), and I just realized that this game has like every legendary except the three Gen I birds?

Also, I know theres probably not an answer yet, but if I have Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard in my national Pokedex, then transfer them to Sun/Moon, will I only have Charizard counted as being caught, or all three?

Yeah seems like it had darn near everything cause Hoopa can't leave well enough alone.

Charizard is not enough you will need to breed for more Charmander. Start now, don't just be content with the final evolved form, get 3 Larvitars so you can have an individual Larvitar, Pupitar and Tyranitar. Your collection will feel really complete and much easier to deal with with completing the dex on other games.

Also, I found this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZB2WR1W/?tag=neogaf0e-20 . Is this legit? Not looking to buy it since it literally sucks the fun out, but someone either has waaaaaaay too much time on their hands or that thing is bogus.

Don't know but I wouldn't do it if it was real.

Everything is hacked or cloned. Groudon is a dead giveaway. You can't get a shiny Kalos Groudon, let alone one with 6 IVs XD

The Apricorn Ball Hidden Ability starters are also illegal.

To be fair, nowhere in the product description does it say the Pokemon are legit.

Yeah seems like it had darn near everything cause Hoopa can't leave well enough alone.

Charizard is not enough you will need to breed for more Charmander. Start now, don't just be content with the final evolved form, get 3 Larvitars so you can have an individual Larvitar, Pupitar and Tyranitar. Your collection will feel really complete and much easier to deal with with completing the dex on other games.

Can I breed from just one Charizard?

Roman

Does PokeGAF have a competitive Showdown community? It would be great to discuss new Gen VII things as they roll in here or on discord with you guys, but I'm not sure if this is the place.

Also I just want to mention I would have been lost over the years without Serenes Forest, so thank you very much for your efforts, AK!

I'd give it a shot. I've been out of the Pokemon game since OG Silver tho, so I have a crap ton of catching up to do just in terms of all the extras.

That's fine. I actually want to have people less familiar with competitive try it out. Hence why not all the tournaments would be typical rule sets

Picked up a couple more games today. So excited to finally catch-up on this series, 1 gen at a time.

nsoLsrq.png

Anyone want to help me out in the Friend Safari? In particular I'm looking for a Gyarados and Ivysaur, but I still need just about everything.

I'm jimmyv, FC: 0430-8299-2781. My Pokemon are [Poison:Cascoon,Ariados,Whirlipede].

Also, how do I tell what my Pokemons IV stats are? I don't understand how IV stats work :(

Mr-Joker

Banned
Honestly speaking I am glad that the game leaked just show Nintendo/Pokémon Company that it was pointless in delaying Europe release date as the game leaked anyway.

Though the game being dumped and pirated kinda sucks though.

Is everyone seriously in that damn leak thread?

Yes.

Danielsan

If it's from the 14th movie, it almost definitely is hacked. That means it came from a distribution event and there has never been a shiny event Darkrai.

Hmm, it's possible there might be security measures, but it doesn't really matter since there's a 99% chance that Sun and Moon themselves will be hacked.

Game Freak did add increased security to the Sun and Moon demo (props to them), but hackers eventually cracked it. So unless they upped the security even more for the full game (unlikely since it probably shipped by that point in time), you know what that means...
Managed to trade my shiny bootleg Darkrai for a real event one in a trade with a random stranger. Feels good.

It's going to be tough to get legit versions of all the other missed event Pokemon though. :(

Top Bottom