• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Puruzi

Banned
that's because there's no reason for the characters to act like they're in a ritalin, it's less about "stiff" and more just being a standard

want a no-battle episode that is well animated? Pokeball Factory.

I hope he's back when Empoleon gets announced in Pokken
The character animation being "standard" is not a good thing. They like never emote or really do anything in X and Y. Actual animators in the anime industry are impressed by how good sun and moon looks compared to the other Pokemon anime

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
dub is always bad since TPCi

The character animation being "standard" is not a good thing. They like never emote or really do anything in X and Y. Actual animators in the anime industry are impressed by how good sun and moon looks compared to the other Pokemon anime

marketing talk, and they never seen the battles anyway

and no, if we go by that, Food Fight should be a masterpiece

Puruzi

Banned
dub is always bad since TPCi

marketing talk, and they never seen the battles anyway

and no, if we go by that, Food Fight should be a masterpiece
Marketing talk? Are you kidding. Look, if you don't like it whatever, but everyone that studies sakuga, animation, etc are saying that Sun and Moon is better visually than X and Y. If you watch the first two episodes I seriously doubt you'd say otherwise. It's visually fantastic right now, not sure if it'll keep up but the premiere was great. Not going to comment on that foodfight mention.

Edit: if you don't like the artstyle there's nothing that can be done about that but the animation is objectively better.

Boss Doggie

Marketing talk? Are you kidding. Look, if you don't like it whatever, but everyone that studies sakuga, animation, etc are saying that Sun and Moon is better visually than X and Y. If you watch the first two episodes I seriously doubt you'd say otherwise. It's visually fantastic right now, not sure if it'll keep up but the premiere was great. Not going to comment on that foodfight mention.

Edit: if you don't like the artstyle there's nothing that can be done about that but the animation is objectively better.

I always bring up Food Fight whenever people go for the "it always has movement therefore it's better" or "movement should always be omniprescent in animation" since so many times I always hear that point as though those are infallible. I'd also like to bring up Ponyo with that regard but I always save that for another day.

And they didn't say they were better than XY, iirc it was more along the lines of "they have never seen Pokemon animated like this!"

My point is Ash and Clemont's first fight, and the Garchomp rampage and rescue managed to convey much more with its animation.

Qurupeke

The first trailer for the Pokemon Sun and Moon anime English dub is out, and.....yikes.

DZUYM9b.png

I don't know what the fuck I just watched.

lmao Why is this so serious. It feels like I'm watching Pokemon Survivor or something.

Busaiku

There isn't even a US trailer...
I wonder what's going on with it here.
Maybe CN decided to not renew the rights, like I feared, after all.

Puruzi

Banned
The first trailer for the Pokemon Sun and Moon anime English dub is out, and.....yikes.

DZUYM9b.png

I don't know what the fuck I just watched.
LMAO
I always bring up Food Fight whenever people go for the "it always has movement therefore it's better" or "movement should always be omniprescent in animation" since so many times I always hear that point as though those are infallible. I'd also like to bring up Ponyo with that regard but I always save that for another day.

And they didn't say they were better than XY, iirc it was more along the lines of "they have never seen Pokemon animated like this!"

My point is Ash and Clemont's first fight, and the Garchomp rampage and rescue managed to convey much more with its animation.

Well you're right that always having movement isn't better by default, but when there is movement it's better than it was in x and y imo. It's expressive. I'm not sure how to respond to the last point, but there isn't really much to convey in sun and moon yet? It's just fun shit and the animation conveyed that pretty well for me.

Boss Doggie

XY Fans be zealous and in an echo chamber.

The battles look great and I'm actually glad Skull is smart enough to just send out all their Pokémon at once to attack.

dude this is pokegaf community, not /vp/, go post your complaint there

LMAO
Well you're right that always having movement isn't better by default, but when there is movement it's better than it was in x and y imo. It's expressive. I'm not sure how to respond to the last point, but there isn't really much to convey in sun and moon yet? It's just fun shit and the animation conveyed that pretty well for me.

The thing is XY has movement too, just on the parts that are focused. Not saying SM has great animation though, my main complaint is merely folks saying as though Pokemon suddenly has "animation".

As the for the last, that's the reason why I'm skipping SM. And unlike what people call "league-bandwagonners" I'll probably keep it that way unless something interesting happens, to which I will keep up.

Man they couldn't get the Sandaime J Soul Brothers for the SM CM?
They are still a thing right?

according to wiki yeah

Puruzi

Banned
The thing is XY has movement too, just on the parts that are focused. Not saying SM has great animation though, my main complaint is merely folks saying as though Pokemon suddenly has "animation".

As the for the last, that's the reason why I'm skipping SM. And unlike what people call "league-bandwagonners" I'll probably keep it that way unless something interesting happens, to which I will keep up.

Well alright, fair enough. I think it's really good but if you don't like the direction this season went in that's that I suppose.

Aleh

I'm already in love with the new Anime, and I haven't been interested since DP (XYZ was nice minus the league fiasco though).
It just feels so lively and fun, and I'm betting it's gonna be more story driven than past sagas considering SM's plot and all

Gengahrrr

Was never a fan of Ash's current dub VA and after watching the first S/M episode, the VA just doesn't sound like she's going to be able to fit the tone and style the show is going in.

Also, hopefully XD puts the new series on at a reasonable time now.

Sun and Moon anime looks exactly how I wanted it to, honestly; a lot looser and less rigid in tone and execution, without sacrificing the leaps in battle animation X&Y made.

I don't think we're looking at another Best Wishes here, in any case.

Busaiku

So if Ash gets Rowlet and Lana has Popplio, who gets Litten.
Doesn't seem like Kiawe would, given that Turtonator seems like his big Pokemon.

Boss Doggie

2 hours and 8 mins left huh

Sun and Moon anime looks exactly how I wanted it to, honestly; a lot looser and less rigid in tone and execution, without sacrificing the leaps in battle animation X&Y made.

I don't think we're looking at another Best Wishes here, in any case.

Yeah it won't be BW despite what people said before.

Gengahrrr

So if Ash gets Rowlet and Lana has Popplio, who gets Litten.
Doesn't seem like Kiawe would, given that Turtonator seems like his big Pokemon.

That leaked concept art showed an Incineroar with Ash and Mallow. I could see that Litten just hanging around like Jigglypuff or that Sandile Ash eventually captured.

Yeah, those first two Sun and Moon episodes are great. It's amazing how fresh it all felt, just with a rotating of the cast and a sprucing-up of the visual style.

So, is Ash actually getting that Grubbin? It'd be odd showing him catching it in the opening if they weren't going to follow through.

Boss Doggie

Fuuuuuck

the text when you highlight the preloaded S/M game says "the scheduled release date for the purchased item has passed, launch the game while connected for distribution status"

but when launching it still says to wait

Aaaaaahhh

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, those first two Sun and Moon episodes are great. It's amazing how fresh it all felt, just with a rotating of the cast and a sprucing-up of the visual style.

So, is Ash actually getting that Grubbin? It'd be odd showing him catching it in the opening if they weren't going to follow through.

I hope, wanted to see him get Grubbin since it was first revealed.

Also hope for Crabrawler,

Top Bottom