• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Dunno if this is the best place, but I am likely going to trade in my copy of Omega Ruby tomorrow, so my meagre Pokemon collection in it up for grabs if anyone wants any of them?

Went to the UK Pokémon Festival/Launch Event thing today. Technically I shouldn't have been there as I wasn't press and despite entering all the competitions for tickets I could find I didn't win any but I bulshitted my way past the Bouncers and Nintendo employees and got in anyway.

It was great fun, there were plenty of on stage battle royals but I didn't manage to play in one unfortunately, we got to get a Event Mew for the Gen 1 VC games and Morimoto was there, signing posters for Sun and Moon.

Few related images.

Went to the UK Pokémon Festival/Launch Event thing today. Technically I shouldn't have been there as I wasn't press and despite entering all the competitions for tickets I could find I didn't win any but I bulshitted my way past the Bouncers and Nintendo employees and got in anyway.

It was great fun, there were plenty of on stage battle royals but I didn't manage to play in one unfortunately, we got to get a Event Mew for the Gen 1 VC games and Morimoto was there, signing posters for Sun and Moon.

Few related images.

Wahaha.

Kinda salty that the Morimoto queue closed before I got in.

Someone posted a guide on how to EV train early in the game and what Pokémon gives what EV values.

I don't remember what thread it was in or the person who posted it.

There's no super training and there are 4 Pokémon I want to EV train.

Can someone help point me in the right direction?

Busaiku

SOS is such a stupid mechanic.
If you could catch Pokémon when there are multiple, it would be fine, but as is, it is absolutely broken.

Dandte

SOS is such a stupid mechanic.
If you could catch Pokémon when there are multiple, it would be fine, but as is, it is absolutely broken.

Every time i get a pokemon to 1 hp an it starts SoS

160af50801d10580658105e77231bbcc0983a73e3851f0ec53c18379bf75d70c.jpg

I feel bad for killing so many innocent critters which just wanted to help their buddy not getting forced to get stuck in my Pc ;(

Hydrus

So Amazon has Pokemon X and Y for $20 and ORAS is $25. I guess this is the best time to buy some copies if your a collector, as this is probably the lowest they will get and 3ds era coming to a close.

rowlet is too cute in anime, especially bag scenes. considering how he left his family to join ash, I bet at the end of this season he'll go back there

Not having much luck in the OT. Anyone down to teach my pichu thunderbolt in Pokemon Sun?

Dont have anything to offer; just want to be able to get an alolan raichu with thunderbolt before level 42.

I had Decidueye down as a dead certain Ash Pokémon, but if he's getting Litten I could see that going all the way to Incineroar and Rowlet just hanging around in Ash's backpack forever.

Remember that the starter concept art leaks had Ash, Pikachu, Mallow, Rowlet and Incineroar.

Debirudog

I do like how Litten seems to be getting an early cameo of sorts before getting an episode for itself. The pokemon interactions have been interesting.

Busaiku

I think Rowlet will stay as is, and be his main Flying for the series.
He's not getting Pikipek.

Also, was Mimikyu the first time we saw Play Rough?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Mimikyu was amazing.

Also loved Bewear just popping in and dragging Team Rocket away.

Game Freak hit gold with those two as far as I'm concerned.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Don't worry Wiseblade I'm still here.

Is PokeGAF in agreement of Sun/Moon being best gen? Or we got dissenters?

Platinum still has the best map and BW2 has the best post-game, while SM has dumb SOS mechanic and not even one 6 party Pokemon, so no.

Wiseblade

Also, I couldn't stand Ellie by the end of the game. Her idea of character development is learning to dress herself and talk back to her mother. All the while, every NPC is tripping over themselves to talk about how great she is. I'll go back to being the 10 year old Chosen One with a smile on my face if the alternative is playing bodyguard for 30 hours.

Hau's fine. He's basically a repeat of Barry, but I like Barry.

Boss Doggie

So what if they have few Pokemon. There are quite a few challenging fights and that's better than 6 Magikarp.

they're not even challenging, and no I have Exp Share Off and Battle Mode to Set

Also, I couldn't stand Ellie by the end of the game. Her idea of character development is learning to dress herself and talk back to her mother. All the while, every NPC is tripping over themselves to talk about how great she is. I'll go back to being the 10 year old Chosen One with a smile on my face if the alternative is playing bodyguard for 30 hours.

Hau's fine. He's basically a repeat of Barry, but I like Barry.

Yeah, Ellie scenes ruin the pacing and I've said in the SM thread I could do without it in the game.

Busaiku

Definitely the best single player, by far.
Best overall crop of Pokémon as well (but nothing topped Whimsicott or Pikachu).
Best region, best characters, best legendaries, best bosses, best villains.
Not the best music, not the best distribution/variety (Pokémon and trainers), not the best entry for competitive.

Will probably be my favorite still.

Boss Doggie

Yeah no, it can't be the best region when people complain about V and VI about "linearity" and "lack of exploration" when Alola has it worse.

Sinnoh is best at that because it feels like an actual trek and Mt. Coronet really highlights the winding, twisting route Pokemon can offer. Come at me bros!

Top Bottom