• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Is there a place where I can add GAF friends who have already got S/M and want to do online battles and trades? Thought there would be something like that here, don't see it.

If there is something like this, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

GoldStarz

Is there a place where I can add GAF friends who have already got S/M and want to do online battles and trades? Thought there would be something like that here, don't see it.

If there is something like this, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

That would be here or in the as-of-yet-unmade SuMo Community thread.

Believe me if there was a real place for it yet, I'd be all over there. I've looked everywhere and I still haven't found anyone who wants to trade a starter for a female Mimikyu egg.

659.png
cute

Articalys

Ohoho, Amazon can go fuck itself for being too efficient. When I placed the order on Monday, it was telling me it would arrive on the 22nd, so since I would be visiting family that week I decided to have it shipped there so I could play during downtime. Tuesday, still said arriving 22nd. Same thing Wednesday amd yesterday. Today I wake up and see an email happily proclaiming "Your package has shipped and will arrive Saturday, November 19". So thanks for lying to me about the arrival date and cheating me out of a couple days of playtime.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I watched the first Episode of Sun and Moon twice, one with subs and without, and honestly speaking I feel like that I am gonna like it more than the Kalos arc.

I also suspect that the Pokémon School is like the first part of the arc and Ash will be leaving the first Island to take on the Island trial with the plot slowly unfolding.

As for what Ash's team will be here's my guess.

Pikachu
Rowlet
Pikipek
Grubbin, he was seen catching it in the opening
Crabrawler
Salandit or Litten

dub is always bad since TPCi

The dub has always been bad, it wasn't any better with 4Kids.

Is Ash a dumbo in the SuMo anime?

So far no.

He had Haunter (for like an episode)

He never officially caught it nor used it in battle, Haunter just traveled with them in the same vain as Meowth travels with Team Rocket.

Ohoho, Amazon can go fuck itself for being too efficient. When I placed the order on Monday, it was telling me it would arrive on the 22nd, so since I would be visiting family that week I decided to have it shipped there so I could play during downtime. Tuesday, still said arriving 22nd. Same thing Wednesday amd yesterday. Today I wake up and see an email happily proclaiming "Your package has shipped and will arrive Saturday, November 19". So thanks for lying to me about the arrival date and cheating me out of a couple days of playtime.

Well you would be starting at the sametime when we European get the game. ;p

GoldStarz

If anyone can help me with this, I'd be REALLY grateful

Hey! I've got my copy of Pokemon Moon now, but I still don't have anyone who's willing to trade a female Mimikyu egg for my starter (or another Pokemon). I'd really like to use Mimikyu as my ace, so if anyone is willing to trade, please send me a PM!!

time to put 1 star reviews just like those Japanese did on Amazon JP Sun & Moon product page because missing release date delivery :p

Anyone know the cheapest way to get a Japanese copy of Sun?

amazon jp digital code @ 10% discount from retail price :p
for physical I still think getting from amazon jp + forwarder will be cheaper than getting from typical import sites, considering they have 19% discount atm

Mr-Joker

Banned
Sooo er Nintendo Store UK sent me an e-mail with a £5 off coupon for Yo-kai Watch...I don't know what to make of this. :|

Anyway only 4 days left till Sun and Moon is released in Europe, 5 for me as I won't be playing it till Thursday.

batfax

So I thought with the new game and, ya know, Christmas being around the corner would finally have the Pokemon Center release some Delibird merch. I've checked every Christmas since the store opened. And what do I see?

Could it be?!

God dammit. It was bad enough Pikachu took his job as Delivery Pikachu when the site launched, but now this? Delibird isn't even allowed to do the main thing he was designed for on its own while Pikachu gets a plush, a mug, pin, and ornament wearing him like a suit. Just cruel.

Magni

Would anyone have a spare Genesect code laying around? I moved away from the US, so I can't get any of these GS event Pokémon :( (and to add insult to injury, since my 3DS is an NA model, and the games and events are region locked, I can't get any of the local event Pokémon here in Japan either...)

Thanks!

Gengahrrr

Why? From what i saw, the dub was superior to the original in almost everyway.

Ash's dub voice sticks out like a sore thumb with new style and direction. It's no where near as emotive as it needs to be (lazy line reading) and doesn't fit the new/younger look for the character at all.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Seriously, I have to applaud Matsumoto for how well she changed up Satoshi's voice for the new season to sound youthful. She's not even fifty yet so I imagine she can voice Satoshi for years to come.

My only issue with S/M come Episode 2 was how it's hard to really feel the extended cast at this point---Kiawe is neat, but none of the other characters have really caught my interest yet. I imagine they'll get developed, like probably the upcoming Popplio episode will focus on Lana and the Togedemaru episode on Sophocoles.

Love Sampson Oak's Pokemon faces though---disappointed the dub didn't even attempt to make sense of them. Mallow even says "he likes to make jokes" even though he doesn't even attempt to pun Trapinch's name.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
New animation + new season made me feel like jumping in. I liked the two episodes so far.

I'm from Brazil and it will be a while before it's dubbed in Portuguese, so I'm going with subs (don't care about the USA dub in regards to this show). Definitely an interesting experience. Only downside is that I'll have to re-learn the western names of some of the Pokemons.

Busaiku

Why? From what i saw, the dub was superior to the original in almost everyway.
I'm watching both.
I liked the English too, except for Lillie. The music changes were also ok. Liked the original more, but I thought the revised Team Skull theme was still fun.

English just takes too long in normal circumstances.
If it was a couple weeks removed, that'd be ok, but I don't wanna wait an entire season.

Dub was pretty good, I thought; hoping against hope that they'll leave the music tracks untouched for the final version, although I realise that's unlikely. They did a particularly good job as portraying Team Skull as the dopey shitheads that they really are.

I was amused by how they absolutely did not try to localise Alolan Oak's puns.

Lol my nephews were at my house and we were watching the Kalos finals on demand. My mom was sitting in the room and at one point she was all like "Woah, I didn't know Pikachu was a warrior!"

idk it had me cracking up

Is there like a trading thread, mainly for Sun/Moon. I've asked a couple times in the OT but I seem to keep getting overlooked hah. Just looking for some kind souls who are blazing through the game to help me fill out my team as I slowly chip away at it.

Slightly irked after watching "Did you know gaming"'s pokemon vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoTMIc5uao8

"I really like charizard and I also like the mega evolutions of charizard but if it stayed like that I'd miss the old charizard"

Shame he didn't think of that when it comes to evolutions below mega. My Dragonair, Braixen and
Mareanie
(S&M mon) would've preferred that sentiment. Eviolite isn't quite the same jump as mega evolution for most :p But I guess it's only a problem when the designer's favourites have that issue.

Is there like a trading thread, mainly for Sun/Moon. I've asked a couple times in the OT but I seem to keep getting overlooked hah. Just looking for some kind souls who are blazing through the game to help me fill out my team as I slowly chip away at it.

Yeah I dunno if we have a dedicated trading thread at all, I guess this thread is probably the best place for trading since the main thread is mostly pure discussion and can get overlooked.

I'm after a Paras or Parasect with Damp ability if anyone has one. I don't have much but I could get you a starter. Nothing special but it's a start if anyone is trying to complete the dex or begin breeding.

I just want Paras/Parasect so I can start hunting Minor before the blow up on me ;-;

Busaiku

Dub was pretty good, I thought; hoping against hope that they'll leave the music tracks untouched for the final version, although I realise that's unlikely. They did a particularly good job as portraying Team Skull as the dopey shitheads that they really are.

I was amused by how they absolutely did not try to localise Alolan Oak's puns.
They already changed the music for the initial episodes, but I think they're ok replacements

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This thread is generally the trading thread anyway

Slightly irked after watching "Did you know gaming"'s pokemon vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoTMIc5uao8

"I really like charizard and I also like the mega evolutions of charizard but if it stayed like that I'd miss the old charizard"

Shame he didn't think of that when it comes to evolutions below mega. My Dragonair, Braixen and
Mareanie
(S&M mon) would've preferred that sentiment. Eviolite isn't quite the same jump as mega evolution for most :p But I guess it's only a problem when the designer's favourites have that issue.

Why are you watching a DYKG vid

Top Bottom