• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

KingDirk

Taking an earlier poster's advice for the post game and I am hunting for
Pheremosa
right now. PM if you would like to trade for a
Buzzwole

Taking an earlier poster's advice for the post game and I am hunting for
Pheremosa
right now. PM if you would like to trade for a
Buzzwole
If people don't bite on that, try
Pheromosa for Kartana
and
Buzzwole for Celesteela
. They're not in the same pair, but you get the same amount of each
(4 of group 1, 2 of group 2)

KingDirk

If people don't bite on that, try
Pheromosa for Kartana
and
Buzzwole for Celesteela
. They're not in the same pair, but you get the same amount of each
(4 of group 1, 2 of group 2)

Thank you! I put my half of the pair on GTS and nobody's bitten yet. I'm worried about the Nature I am going to get though. =/

I watched the first four episodes from the Pokémon anime and really, really liked it. I'm not usually a fan of Ash, but I don't know what happened that it just clicked with me.

Episode 4 spoilers:

To make it even better, Ash got the best starter (Rowlet). Mimikyu is also shaping up to be a great rival for Pikachu.

Mr-Joker

Banned
you avoided catching mons?

Not on purpose, I wanted to prioritize focus on the newer Pokémon and I had plans to catch Cutiefly on route 3 but I needed to get there first, so I thought that I should catch Rockruff first before realising that I wouldn't be able to get him till after the first island trial.

But once I caught Cutiefly and Crabrawler I was able to put Butterfree, Munchlax and Growlithe away.

I only just now put Yungoos away and just caught Rockruff and Cyndaquil as my Charmander stand in.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
only first stage mons have unique animations they said
only cute mons have unique animations they said

ssajgl.gif
fbislq.gif

Not on purpose, I wanted to prioritize focus on the newer Pokémon and I had plans to catch Cutiefly on route 3 but I needed to get there first, so I thought that I should catch Rockruff first before realising that I wouldn't be able to get him till after the first island trial.

But once I caught Cutiefly and Crabrawler I was able to put Butterfree, Munchlax and Growlithe away.

I only just now put Yungoos away and just caught Rockruff and Cyndaquil as my Charmander stand in.

Ah I see. I still catch non-alolan mons but immediately box them

Have we heard anything about a specific date for the Sun/Moon OST release outside of Japan? All they said was that it would be available sometime in November, whereas Japan is getting it on Wednesday, which would have to be the day unless its been delayed. They could just stealth release it here this week, I'm not sure how they did it with past soundtracks.

Wiseblade

My Sun playthrough ended with a team that was 5/6 new Pokémon:

Decidueye
Vikavolt
Salazzle
Slowbro
Kommo-o
Lycanroc

Which is significantly better than my X playthrough:

Delphox
Blastoise
Hawlucha
Simisage
Tyrantrum
Golurk

The game definitely does a better job of putting the new stuff up front compared to its predecessor.

Vena

So...

Blind Nuzlocke (no shops, no exp share, no grinding, one Pokemon per route/location, no resets/mulligans, etc., Pelago is allowed and Refresh is allowed since its easy to accidentally use it at end of battle and be stuck) on Sun is a fucking nightmare challenge. I've made it to Olivia once, wiped, then I made it twice to Lurantis... wiped (fuck you crit, Power Herb, Solar Blade).

Z-Moves are a real fucking fear too since they can occasionally one shot a pokemon out of nowhere and I regularly have had to sacrifice a pokemon to a Z-Move in anticipation of being used. Also fuck you criticals and 5 flinches in a row.

You can get exceptionally fucked by bad rolls on typing in this game unlike any other Nuzlocke I've played (of course it doesn't help that I don't have a clue as to what is ahead of me since I am playing this blind).

But damn if this shit isn't a fun challenge as all hell. I will cheer whenever I finish a Totem or Kahuna with all of a single pokemon left to my name.

Also I am of the opinion that this run is damn near impossible if you don't pick Popplio first. Litten has too many Kahuna weaknesses early on and you need to depend on your starter heavily, and Rowlett is fucked at various stages of bad typing issues. Popplio doesn't have a typing issue until Lurantis and a Zubat (which you're next to guaranteed to have) tends to cover that well.

Does anyone have a Diancie to trade? It is literally the only Pokemon I need (pre-sun/moon) to complete my entire living dex.

I have an extra Genesect code to trade, or maybe so other extra legendaries lying around on an old cart somewhere.

PK Gaming

The new S/M anime continues to be incredibly good.

What sticks out to me the most (besides the charming art style) is that the anime is more faithful to the games. Like, they don't sugarcoat Mimikyu's pokedex entry and abilities are more relevant. It's good stuff.

Also the core group is soooooooolid.

tmarg

What sticks out to me the most (besides the charming art style) is that the anime is more faithful to the games. Like, they don't sugarcoat Mimikyu's pokedex entry and abilities are more relevant. It's good stuff.

Where are people watching it?

GoldStarz

Except in the games, Mimikyu is mostly shown to be jealous of Pikachu and want to be popular like it.

It's an interesting take and I'm looking to see where they take it, don't get me wrong, but it's far from the picture of accuracy from what I've seen.

So I was on a Pokemon anime watch through streak a couple months ago. Stopped a couple episodes after ash gets his first Johto badge, and now am continuing on because S&M has me hooked and I'm using the older episodes to fill the wait a bit.

I can't believe how this show just gets to me so much. Partly nostalgia for sure, but the writing is just legit touching sometimes. I got chills near the end of the episode when Ash leaves Charizard at the Charizard Valley place. I usually hear the XY anime is the best that Pokemon anime has ever been. Does it have have a lot of strong/emotional moments like that? When these older episodes are just on, it's just really gets me idk how to explain it.

Ash's words were low-key harsh. He was like "Stay if you want to, I can get along just fine without you. Who wan't a weak Charizard anyway?" All in a mocking tone. But now that I'm writing this down, I realize that he's probably doing it as an attempt to not make the departure so hard on Charizard or something.

Everyone knows Charizard is held back because Ash is a weak ass trainer, but I guess even Ash knew that too with how he says "You're good enough for me, but I know you want to be stronger." He picked up that willpower from Ash tho.

Then at the very end when Ash runs off and the narrator starts speaking "Afraid he may change his mind, Ash knows he cannot look back. And so, he keeps on running...."

trHUFyD.jpg

goddang

pokemon timeslot is thursday 18:55 jst, unless you're asking for English dubbed ones.

Thanks! I'm assuming the English ones come out on the same day then.

At the beginning of the next episode the whole crew is thirsty and they see some woman fixing a leaking pipe. They ask if they can take a drink from it and she says it's fine. Of course, Brock starts trying to hit on her and Misty pulls him away saying "She's not gonna give you water if she thinks you're all wet." LOL

PK Gaming

Except in the games, Mimikyu is mostly shown to be jealous of Pikachu and want to be popular like it.

It's an interesting take and I'm looking to see where they take it, don't get me wrong, but it's far from the picture of accuracy from what I've seen.

That's an obvious exception though

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

That's an obvious exception though

Err, they've been always accurate to the dex to the games. Hell usually it's the exception that's get usually some focus. Even the lame Phantump ep they made a big deal that's it's a ghost of children.

ok. decided to start fresh of my moon progress that has been halted since release day and going to do semi-blind nuzlocke (since I already know what's happened in the 1st island). since it's been a while since the last time I do nuzlocke, I kinda need some refreshment on whether different part of a route considered same area or not? for example, main area of route 1, and hau'oli outskirts

Vena

ok. decided to start fresh of my moon progress that has been halted since release day and going to do semi-blind nuzlocke (since I already know what's happened in the 1st island). since it's been a while since the last time I do nuzlocke, I kinda need some refreshment on whether different part of a route considered same area or not? for example, main area of route 1, and hau'oli outskirts

If it says as it does "Route 1 // Hau'oli Outskirts" its the same area. If the name is completely different, like Melemele Meadow, its a new area.

Route 1 you're forced to get Pikipek and nothing else for Nuzlocke, unless you play with "skip forced encounter" rules.

If it says as it does "Route 1 // Hau'oli Outskirts" its the same area. If the name is completely different, like Melemele Meadow, its a new area.

Route 1 you're forced to get Pikipek and nothing else for Nuzlocke, unless you play with "skip forced encounter" rules.

ah it isn't considered as different area then. gotcha thanks

Roman

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I decided to wait till we made concrete progress on the server I mentioned in this post.

We have it set up now and are in the process of bug fixing. The league should be ready to go this week! Don't hesitate to check out our Discord.

Top Bottom