• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

L.O.R.D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1321258
because my thread was closed,i thought of a better idea
many people said because people gonna buy 2 versions,okey,so here what i am thinking:

every version of Pokemon "stars" is unique with serial number,not generated when you start new game,so even if you rest your game the same pokemon will appears in the same area.

now people going to buy several version instead of 1 version,of course many copies will have the same pokemon,but no one knows which version is it.
also keeping the essential poekmon in all version "the bug Pokemon in the first area" and like that.

many people said because people gonna buy 2 versions,okey,so here what i am thinking:

every version of Pokemon "stars" is unique with serial number,not generated when you start new game,so even if you rest your game the same pokemon will appears in the same area.

now people going to buy several version instead of 1 version,of course many copies will have the same pokemon,but no one knows which version is it.
also keeping the essential poekmon in all version "the bug Pokemon in the first area" and like that.

Why are you trying to reinvent the wheel?

GoldStarz

That would be a nightmare. Imagine wandering around for an hour or two looking for a Pokemon with a 5% encounter rate that MIGHT be there, only to find out that the Pokemon you're looking for isn't in your game, it's whatever might replace it. Not to mention people buy Pokemon games around each other with trading in mind and that people sometimes buy both versions which means cutting it to one halves their revue. tl;dr your topic was locked because your idea TERRIBLE

pls no

2Fyf7FG.png

Just watched a episode where Chikorita is acting up because Ash gives too much attention to Pikachu instead of her. It ends with Ash saying "the other shoulder is for you Chikorita!" and he walks off with Pika and China on both shoulders. Then in all the next episodes, Chika is back to being in the Pokeball while Pika continues to gets the special treatment. K Ash.

I'd be upset if I were any one of his other Pokemon too tbh.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Just watched episode 5 of the Sun and Moon animé, meh Lana is a bit too bland for my liking as is her Popplio. Was also disappointed that Rowlet spent most of the episode being in Ash's bag.

I am also hoping that after the next few episode we get pass the Pokémon School arc and get Ash exploring the Alola region and take on the Island trial.

I just laughed when that part happened in the episode.

Roman

Thanks to the tremendous work of tshadowknight, our own custom Showdown server is basically ready to go!

We still don't have art (badges etc) but I will nevertheless make a thread in general gaming probably tomorrow.

We have changed our sign-up sheet to separate Gym and Challenger accounts so please sign up again to clarify which is what.

Here is our Discord Server if you have any questions. It contains a pinned text file that details all the rules and structure.

So I saw the episode where Jessie gets Wobbufett. She basically fell against a trading machine and accidentally traded her Lickitung. It's kinda sad for the Wobbufett. That kid was trying so hard to make Wobbufett look good so that he could be traded by someone, and he gets left off with the chumps at Team Rocket. Well, I guess it's not sad for Wobbufett, since Pokemon are almost always happy as long as what they're doing is in support of their trainer's views. Even if it involves aiding them in trading you away like some kind of faceless commodity... Welp. Pokemon are weird.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Lickitung was a pretty good Jessiemon iirc, just not used a lot.

With that said Wobbuffett is TR's fluctuatingmon. Though at least his battle capabilities is a bit more highlighted in XY in villain battles.

I might have to cancel my gym before it even gets started. Work ain't playing around right now and I'm gonna have less and less time as the month goes by. Sorry. :(
So I saw the episode where Jessie gets Wobbufett. She basically fell against a trading machine and accidentally traded her Lickitung. It's kinda sad for the Wobbufett. That kid was trying so hard to make Wobbufett look good so that he could be traded by someone, and he gets left off with the chumps at Team Rocket. Well, I guess it's not sad for Wobbufett, since Pokemon are almost always happy as long as what they're doing is in support of their trainer's views. Even if it involves aiding them in trading you away like some kind of faceless commodity... Welp. Pokemon are weird.

It's not too bad since Jessie comes to love her Wobbuffet.

I thought it was kinda messed up that Ash butted in on the Totodile thing. Misty probably deserved to be the one to get it in the first place. Of course, I'm happy it's on Ash's team over her's since Ash will be the one to do more with it. At least Misty's Poliwag evolved as a consolation. The battle between Pikachu and Togepi was hilarious.

FINALLY, after 154 episodes, Ash decides that training his Pokemon outside of battle is a good idea. Good thing that Skarmory lady came around and inspired him. I love this kind of shit. Unless I missed an episode, or am forgetting a small scene where he did that before, this is the first time.

I remember many occasions of Ash training his Pokemon outside of battle when I watched the show as a kid, but I hadn't realized how long it took him to actually start doing that. Now thinking back on it, I remember that being more in the Hoenn/Sinnoh era anyway.

Though I kinda expect it to not show him train his Pokemon on screen again for a while, but I hope it does sooner than later.

Roman

I might have to cancel my gym before it even gets started. Work ain't playing around right now and I'm gonna have less and less time as the month goes by. Sorry. :(

That's a shame! Please be aware that you don't need to be that active, since we can have more than 8 Gyms and multiple Leaders in each, no part of the process particularly depends on any 1 person.

I'm going to sign you out but please feel free to sign up again once you think you can find some time for it!

CassSept

Jesus Christ serious question, do npcs in HGSS have improved chance of scoring critical hits? I can smash through FRLG underleveled without much problem but HGSS is just so frustrating, especially with the terrible, terrible level curve. And grinding with the Gen IV battle system is a pain.

Wiseblade

And with Meloetta, my (Gen VI) Living Pokédex is complete! Now to complete the Alola Dex so I can focus on competitive play once Bank opens.

The amount of options Decidueye has is actually kinda staggering.
That's a shame! Please be aware that you don't need to be that active, since we can have more than 8 Gyms and multiple Leaders in each, no part of the process particularly depends on any 1 person.

I'm going to sign you out but please feel free to sign up again once you think you can find some time for it!

I'll have more time around the 30th since that's my *last day of work.

Merseal isn't even the best Water starter. That'd be either Squirtle or Mudkip.

Yes I know Wiseblade posted on this same page but we've been butting heads since I told the truth about how boring Digimon Tamers is.

Vena

Merseal isn't even the best Water starter. That'd be either Squirtle or Mudkip.

Yes I know Wiseblade posted on this same page but we've been butting heads since I told the truth about how boring Digimon Tamers is.

Primarina's typing and stats are pretty damn ace, though. Its just her lack of any worthwhile ability that I find as the largest knock against the starter. The movepool is solid too.

Empoleon's access to Defiant and being Water/Steel is pretty damn amazing, though, in terms of starter comparisons. Blastoise has been largely irrelevant and/or inferior Starmie, while Swampert I feel fell off hard in the later gens, and Samurott is hot garbage.

Daemul

Empoleon's access to Defiant and being Water/Steel is pretty damn amazing, though, in terms of starter comparisons.

Empoleon is pretty valuable in the current SM UU Beta at the moment since he and Blissey are the only mons that can switch into Primarina without getting destroyed(a Hydro Pump from Primarina can put a big dent in Blissey though). Mons like Roserade and Amoongus, who on a surface level you think would be counters to Primarina, aren't able to switch in because a Psychic from Primarina annihilates them, and Hydro Pump OHKO's all the other prominent Steel types (Jirachi, Scizor, Metagross), so Empoleon is your best bet.

Even then, he'll still end up losing in a 1v1 battle since none of his moves do shit you her, and she can spam Energy Ball until he's dead.

Johto feels so much more bloated with filler, but I like how in season 4 so far they keep bringing back random older characters. (Ditto lady, Vulpix Lady, Snubull lady, Baseball fan Chikorita lady, even the Fuscia city gym leader!)

Even Gary showed up again in one episode with his Umbreon. He refused to battle Ash because he thought he was a waste of time. Though it was nice that Gary complimented him after he saw Ash working with his Pokemon to deal with the stuff going on in that episode.

Ash is actually earning his badges regularly this time unlike in the Kanto league. Also, the gym leaders so far have been pretty chill, except maybe Falconer. All of the Kanto gym leaders were either crazy, super conceited/arrogant, or just weird.

And that Miltank OH MY GOD LOL

When Ash was fighting Whitney, I thought she was a chump at first. Her first two Pokemon went down like nothing... Then she brought out Miltank and I was just like oh no....
oEqwunh.png
Ash is done. All of my memories from the gen 2 game on fighting that stupid Miltank came back.

And then, accurate to my memories from the games, it proceeds to roll over the rest of Ash's Pokemon. It was kinda a cool nostalgia moment actually. Ash is just lucky that Miltank didn't know Milk Drink or else he would have never won in the rematch.

Vena

Empoleon is pretty valuable in the current SM UU Beta at the moment since he and Blissey are the only mons that can switch into Primarina without getting destroyed(a Hydro Pump from Primarina can put a big dent in Blissey though). Mons like Roserade and Amoongus, who on a surface level you think would be counters to Primarina, aren't able to switch in because a Psychic from Primarina annihilates them, and Hydro Pump OHKO's all the other prominent Steel types (Jirachi, Scizor, Metagross), so Empoleon is your best bet.

Even then, he'll still end up losing in a 1v1 battle since none of his moves do shit you her, and she can spam Energy Ball until he's dead.

I'd imagine Alolan Muk stonewalls Primarina pretty easily.

Menitta

Man, the reaction I get when I tell people Rotom is "motor" backwards is great. This must be what it's like with Ekans and Arbok.

Roman

Hey guys,

not to spam this thread with it too much, but I just wanted to give a quick heads up for our first week NeoGAF Showdown Gym League progress.

The league is shaping up really well! We have filled 16 Gyms with Leaders now and our custom server is running without any major troubles.

We also have our first tournament this weekend. New participants are always welcome!

Mr-Joker

Banned
charmander build a bear from joe's twitter

CzARMjwXEAQfYCb.jpg

is this Pokemon's answer to Gabumon?

I see that Charmander is following Pikachu footstep in skinning Pokémon...not sure how to feel about this.

Johto feels so much more bloated with filler, but I like how in season 4 so far they keep bringing back random older characters. (Ditto lady, Vulpix Lady, Snubull lady, Baseball fan Chikorita lady, even the Fuscia city gym leader!)

Yeah Johto gets really bogged down with fillers, it also doesn't help that Ash's team doesn't grow or develop beyond one Pokémon evolving and a very late capture. Also Pikachu was heavily used in a lot of Ash's Gym matches even getting the finishing blow.

It got a little better around the 8 gym but by then the Johto arc was soon drawing to a close.

Articalys

I partially blame myself for reading some of the very earliest Sun/Moon leaks/rumors/speculation to seed the ideas and then also following along with all the officially-released material up to launch, but even only halfway through the game, I swear Game Freak does not know how to be subtle about
hinting the postgame will be a full traditional gym challenge, what with the optional captain fights where "something about the way they battle stays in your mind" and the conveniently-placed empty plots of land in major areas so far. It's the same mistake they made with revealing everything about Delta before ORAS ever released, but slightly more obfuscated.
I'd like to hope I'm wrong but know that's highly unlikely.

Next brand new game, whenever it is, I'll watch the announcement and maybe the first few bits of media, then going full blackout until it's released.

Anyone else thinks Ash's old design looks cooler? From what I've seen of XY, he also doesn't seem to do that sick ass Pokeball throw like he does in the older episodes.

I see that Charmander is following Pikachu footstep in skinning Pokémon...not sure how to feel about this.

Yeah Johto gets really bogged down with fillers, it also doesn't help that Ash's team doesn't grow or develop beyond one Pokémon evolving and a very late capture. Also Pikachu was heavily used in a lot of Ash's Gym matches even getting the finishing blow.

It got a little better around the 8 gym but by then the Johto arc was soon drawing to a close.

Is it the most fillery of the series? I'm expecting most of it to be like that from here on out.

Anyone else thinks Ash's old design looks cooler? From what I've seen of XY, he also doesn't seem to do that sick ass Pokeball throw like he does in the older episodes.

Is it the most fillery of the series? I'm expecting most of it to be like that from here on out.

it is, the gs ball was suppose to play a big role in the johto series, but they scrapped the idea, so they added in a lot more filler episodes, gen 3 and 4 have contests to fill alot of episodes and the evil organizations play a much bigger role

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

he does a better pokemon throw in XY

problem is that he doesn't do the hat flip

Top Bottom