• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Busaiku

Man, I cannot wait for 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt to be animated.
It doesn't matter what came before or what comes after, this will be the peak of the series.

Busaiku

Bleh, I've fallen like a month behind on XYZ now, and I really don't feel like finishing it after Sun & Moon started.
Doesn't help that Cartoon Network's app is garbage.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Episode 8 of the Sun and Moon animé was pretty good and I loved Rowlet in that episode.

I also just want to know what the heck is in the brown egg, don't you tease me writer and make the egg another GS ball.

tumblr_inline_oim5jtmSrY1tvvsht_500.gif

Rowlet is the most cutest badass.. Oshawott about to be replaced in my heart

Mr-Joker

Banned
tumblr_inline_oim5jtmSrY1tvvsht_500.gif

Rowlet is the most cutest badass.. Oshawott about to be replaced in my heart

My favorite part was when Ash tried to get Lillie to touch him as he thought it would be easier as Rowlet was sleeping but nope the little bird started having a nightmare and starting thrashing about. It just made me laugh.

Mr-Joker

Banned
why are people making a big deal about "canon starters"

So they can feel better about the starter they picked, plus the Chespin line was hated on the moment Quilladin was revealed and Chesnaught didn't help.

Personally I don't really care about "canon starters" as I end up using them all anyway.

Am I missing a joke here or what...

It was in the Pokémon Generation thread.

rowlet fucking sucks

No he's cute and fluffy.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Am I missing a joke here or what...

i.e. "Red uses Charizard and his canon starter" etc.

People now refer to Generations for "canonity" even though we see shit like Nate using Lucario in the BW2 trailer or May using both Blaziken and Marshtomp.

I mean I love it that Chesnaught is getting recognition, but still it's dumb to "force" what the protagonist picks. It doesn't matter anyway since as we've seen with Red who returns, they tend to use all starters when they come back.

Debirudog

Rowlet is the only pokemon that I want Ash not to evolve it.

I laughed when it was freaking out in it's sleep when Lillie was trying to touch it.

Mr-Joker

Banned
it's shit.

You got destroyed by a Rowlet player did you? ;p

It supposedly kicks stuff but doesn't learn Jump Kick.

I know Rowlet was a weird starter that I have used as I kept forgetting that Decidueye typing changed.

Rowlet is the only pokemon that I want Ash not to evolve it.

Yeah I am mixed as I like Rowlet but I also like Decidueye as well, plus Ash is yet to have a Ghost type Haunter doesn't count as he was never officially caught.

I laughed when it was freaking out in it's sleep when Lillie was trying to touch it.

Same, Ash's Rowlet is just so derpy.

Lillie is definitely getting that egg. I hope I'm wrong because it'd be cool to see Ash with Alolan Vulpix. Everything seems to be set up for Lillie to get it though.

Busaiku

I wonder what's gonna happen when Ash starts doing Island Challenges.
Is everyone gonna travel with him? Just Lillie? Is Kiawe gonna be his Uber?

Mr-Joker

Banned
I wonder what's gonna happen when Ash starts doing Island Challenges.
Is everyone gonna travel with him? Just Lillie? Is Kiawe gonna be his Uber?

Plus we know from the game that Hau also takes the Island challenge at the same time as the player so I am betting that he will appear in the animé eventually whether it be a travelling partner or not.

Also the Animé moving at a slow pace so I wonder how they will add in gyms should "Pokémon Star" end up having them.

i don't even understand him saying "mirror his mirror move!"

could he have just said something like "put your full power into that tackle"

they're just trying to make ash seem more clever than he really is.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Has Cosmog shown up in the anime yet?

No but we can safely assume that he will appear eventually due to how the 20th Pokémon movie has nothing to do with Alola or the box mascot and the fact that we saw a picture of Lillie,
Lusamine and Gladion
in episode 8, which was basically a Lillie episode as she got over her fear of touching Pokémon.

Though the question is when Cosmog will appear, how will he appear and which evolution will it take, my guess is Lunala.

Speaking of Generations, I feel like the Lake of Rage/Lance subplot in Master Quest was substantial and satisfying enough. I thought the point of it was to spotlight characters and plots that aren't really seen much in the anime? Would have much rather seen the Red vs Silver battle instead.

Busaiku

Plus we know from the game that Hau also takes the Island challenge at the same time as the player so I am betting that he will appear in the animé eventually whether it be a travelling partner or not.

Also the Animé moving at a slow pace so I wonder how they will add in gyms should "Pokémon Star" end up having them.

If they don't bring Hau with Hala, I don't think he'll appear till much later.
He'll probably end up being the Sawyer though, I don't see him traveling with them.

A pretty small site which was primarily about cloned event Pokemon collecting and sharing called pokemonplus.net seems to have gone down. Pity, I spent quite a bit of time there a few years back. I was expecting it to happen though, it got progressively more of a wasteland as the years went by starting with XY's release in 2013 due to the fact that the majority of the new crop of event collectors decided they didn't like cloning.

tell me why ash just turned into a pikachu

edit: how does this jigglypugg keep following them everywhere

Oh my god there was an episode where Ash is too impatient to wait 1 day to take a ferry to Olivine City so he goes on this jank ass plane with this shady old man. The conflict of the whole episode is that this plane is breaking down in all kinds of ways and they're trying to fix it as it's flying so they don't crash and die. Then this Jigglypuff flies inside and I swear this is the worst possible time for it to sing and just guess what it goddamn did

There was a similar moment that happened in (I think) the Orange Islands. They were in a submarine or ship that was sinking and water was flooding in, and the Jigglypuff was inside with them trying to sing. That is like the most horrifying thing imaginable. They would have straight up died

spiritfox

Man I'm still bummed they gutted Talonflame so much. Maybe they should have made it activate above 25% or 50% health instead of at full health, cause who the hell runs it without a recoil move.

So apparently, Hitomi Sato (one of the series' composers) has left Game Freak? Bulbapedia says that she's not credited as an employee on the physical soundtrack released in Japan. The soundtrack itself has a few errors regarding who composed what track, so it could be an oversight.

Articalys

Something I posted a bit ago in the Sun/Moon OT but people here might find interesting as well.

-----------------

So I just learned that three of Lillie's themes on the OST are originally Japanese wordplay based around the l/r vowel sounds:

"Lively Lillie" is "がんばリーリエ" or "Ganba-lillie", punning off the common term "ganbare" (to do your best) -- Hapu actually uses this verbatim in the Japanese version, apparently the same line that got translated as "No one could call you lily-livered" to keep a sort of pun intact.

"Steely Lillie" is "おこリーリエ" or "Oko-lillie", playing off "okoru", a verb meaning "to scold" or "to tell off".

"Lonely Lillie" is "しんみリーリ" or "Shinmi-lillie", derived from "shinmiri", an expression that doesn't have an exact definition but seems to refer to a solemn, but sad atmosphere.

The more you know.

Something I posted a bit ago in the Sun/Moon OT but people here might find interesting as well.

-----------------

So I just learned that three of Lillie's themes on the OST are originally Japanese wordplay based around the l/r vowel sounds:

"Lively Lillie" is "がんばリーリエ" or "Ganba-lillie", punning off the common term "ganbare" (to do your best) -- Hapu actually uses this verbatim in the Japanese version, apparently the same line that got translated as "No one could call you lily-livered" to keep a sort of pun intact.

"Steely Lillie" is "おこリーリエ" or "Oko-lillie", playing off "okoru", a verb meaning "to scold" or "to tell off".

"Lonely Lillie" is "しんみリーリ" or "Shinmi-lillie", derived from "shinmiri", an expression that doesn't have an exact definition but seems to refer to a solemn, but sad atmosphere.

The more you know.

Waha, thanks for the insight.

I was wondering what was the deal with Hapu's joke in the Chinese version. They pretty much just translated it straight across (but flipped the words, as in Lillie-Ganbare). However I don't think it makes sense...

Top Bottom