• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

I guess they'll stop airing pokemon until the middle of next year to extend the gap

nothing that extreme, the gap might be short but nothing the dub hasn't experienced before

they'll probably show some movies during some weeks to extend it out, at most skip a month since the dub finishes X&Y right before Christmas which is actually very nicely timed

I'm guessing Volcanion will get officially revealed today, if not tomorrow. Though it's not like most of use haven't seen gameplay lol.

Going through AS and trying to capture all those legendaries reminded how me of how disgustingly low those capture rates are. Drop the capture rates for everything, why don't you?

I usually keep up with Pokemon in this thread but have been side track with Fallout 4 and now Xenoblade Chronicles X has consumed my life.

Some questions...

Has Hoopa been released in NA?

Any news on the news/rumors on the next Pokémon mainline games?

Anything worth while happened in the anime?

I usually keep up with Pokemon in this thread but have been side track with Fallout 4 and now Xenoblade Chronicles X has consumed my life.

Some questions...

Has Hoopa been released in NA?

Yes. It is currently being distributed through McDonalds via Mystery Gift. Redeemable through XY and ORAS until 12/31.

Any news on the news/rumors on the next Pokémon mainline games?

Volcanion has been officially announced.

Anything worth while happened in the anime?

Ash-Greninja.

Oswen

I actually like how Volcanion looks, not sure why, it's neat.

I wonder if Ash Greninja (and maybe MegaRay aswell) are a clue to where MegaEvos are going, I'm not sure stacking dozens of stones is a great idea moving forward.
Especially since, being untrasferable, we'll be forced to recollect them every single time.

Yes. It is currently being distributed through McDonalds via Mystery Gift. Redeemable through XY and ORAS until 12/31.

Volcanion has been officially announced.

Ash-Greninja.

XY exists, it's the best season so far.

Thanks for the replies. Especially since Xenoblade came out I've block almost everything else out that's not kids, wife, and job. I need to catch up on the anime.

Annnnddddd I just got back from McDonald's with Hoopa.

What's a good nature , EV spread, and IV spread for Hoopa?

backlot

I actually like how Volcanion looks, not sure why, it's neat.

I wonder if Ash Greninja (and maybe MegaRay aswell) are a clue to where MegaEvos are going, I'm not sure stacking dozens of stones is a great idea moving forward.
Especially since, being untrasferable, we'll be forced to recollect them every single time.

Pokemon has a huge issue with redundant hold items. They need to cull them down next gen.

Magni

Thank you! I somehow didn't see it on the UK store when I checked, and forgot about GAME (I thought they'd gone out of business? It's been years since I last lived in Europe...)

Thursday airing of Oha Suta will feature Pokemon Movie 2016 teaser.

This will be interesting. Like I said earlier, them showing off Volcanion this early is strange, especially with no proper movie title yet. I wonder if Zygarde really is in the movie or if it's sticking to the show instead.

Watch the true star be Eternal Floette or something.

I'm struck by how pissed Volcanion's official art looks. Never really came across in the model.

SDaGh1O.png

yo

This will be interesting. Like I said earlier, them showing off Volcanion this early is strange, especially with no proper movie title yet. I wonder if Zygarde really is in the movie or if it's sticking to the show instead.

maybe it'll finally be ho-oh

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm more surprised Zygarde is gonna be part of their shenanigans with the short.

Also the tubes are called arms

>Volcanion enters with a heatburst!

>Volcanion

>It uses fire and water to create steam heatbursts within its body, expelling explosive shock waves and boiling steam from the arms on its back.
>The power is said to be great enough to blow away entire mountains and forests, gouging out the earth and changing the shape of the land.

Seil

Can anyone explain to me how the hoopa mcdonalds event works? Is it through wireless or internet when I'm there? I need some steps.

You set up a connection to the McDonald's Wi-FI and then use the internet option for the Mystery Gift. All it actually seems to do is check to see if you're connecting via a network named McDonalds Free WiFi that has no security... So it's easy to get it without going to McDonald's too funnily enough.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Crazy speculation time, Generation VII is happening this year and it's based on Hawaii...

Volcanion is distributed in XY, but it will have a larger role in the Hawaii Region with a new form only obtainable if you transfer the Event Volcanion to Gen VII, or possibly unlocks a new Pokemon like what happened with the Shiny Beasts in Movie 13 and Zoroark.

Think about it, Volcanion seems fitting for a Hawaii-based region, and it fits the Hiker in XY's region too---the statue he gives you resembles a tiki, and the "Upside Down Waterfall" is probably inspired by this:

Of all the waterfalls on Oahu, this one has taken on the precarious name “The Upside Down Waterfall”, as it seems that the water never hits the ground. The powerful Pali mountainside winds sweeps up the cascading water back up into the air, until it finally dissipates. - See more at: http://www.best-of-oahu.com/Hawaii-Waterfalls.html#sthash.LQmFk9UB.dpuf

-Horizon-

You set up a connection to the McDonald's Wi-FI and then use the internet option for the Mystery Gift. All it actually seems to do is check to see if you're connecting via a network named McDonalds Free WiFi that has no security... So it's easy to get it without going to McDonald's too funnily enough.
I was planning to go there sometime this week anyway so I'm fine with the trip

JoeM86

Pokemon has a huge issue with redundant hold items. They need to cull them down next gen.

There aren't that many redundancies

To be fair, it's only a month early. We had a similar reveal with Deoxys in 2003

I don't know it we can say that from these early posters. This time the year before XY, the movie poster just showed Genesect iirc.

I will be very, very, very surprised if we got it. There's a lot to do.

Someone on Twitter pointed this out to me. Probably means nothing but is interesting

The Diancie reveal trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcGXa9IJetY. It had the titles Pokémon X & Y thrown about it
The Hoopa reveal trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EejP4BqR4I. It had the titles Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire thrown around it
The Volcanion reveal trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhKYU2tJ8II. It has no video game titles in it.

There's a lot more pointing to a new Generation VI game anyway. Still have 3 programmed in moves, 1 programmed in form, multiple non-programmed in forms plus a variety of other things. We're not done with this generation, far from it.

Crazy speculation time, Generation VII is happening this year and it's based on Hawaii...

Volcanion is distributed in XY, but it will have a larger role in the Hawaii Region with a new form only obtainable if you transfer the Event Volcanion to Gen VII, or possibly unlocks a new Pokemon like what happened with the Shiny Beasts in Movie 13 and Zoroark.

Think about it, Volcanion seems fitting for a Hawaii-based region, and it fits the Hiker in XY's region too---the statue he gives you resembles a tiki, and the "Upside Down Waterfall" is probably inspired by this:

I doubt it since there are only a few days left in this year :p

But seriously, a Hawaii based region wouldn't be bad, but I'd fear it'd be a little samey with Hoenn. I'm really hoping that Gen VII is based on Australia, so much potential for Pokemon and locations.

One thing that I think is kinda interesting is that they've revealed Volcanion's inclusion in the movie a month before they did with Hoopa, so maybe they have something else to reveal for the movie, be it a new form for Volcanion or a Gen VII Pokemon (or both!). Either way I highly doubt we'll be getting Gen VII next year, I absolutely think they are going to do one more Gen VI game.

Mr-Joker

Banned
You know I predict that Garchomp will be a playable character in Pokkén Tournament.

Hawaii isn't a bad idea, though it might get compared to Hoenn. Personally I would love them to create a region based on Scotland.

Kyzer

Banned
Move tease is one less barrier to Z announcement lets goooo

Hawaii would be cool, secondary region to Kalos-2 and obviously showcasing the hundreds of new surf models right?

Lawl jk everything is wailmer

jnWake

You know I predict that Garchomp will be a playable character in Pokkén Tournament.

Hawaii isn't a bad idea, though it might get compared to Hoenn. Personally I would love them to create a region based on Scotland.

It's time for South America, particularly the Patagonia. It has pretty unique climates and species.

Top Bottom