• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Primary thought after Symphonic Evolutions- Holy shit, the XY Gym Battle theme is AMAZING live.

i dunno... it's quite serviceable but it can be improved a lot imo. didn't get the same feeling like when i first went to zelda symphony
also lol they forgot about b2w2 during the opening overture

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well, since my parents don't live together anymore i gave my 3DS, most of the games and a good chunk of my Mangas to my little brother so he has something to do over there (he forgot a few of them here).

And since then i felt a sudden decrease in interest concerning Pokémon.

Ah I see.

I was gonna say the anime but then it will have a two-week break too

Wichu

I took my brothers to Symphonic Evolutions. We loved it, even though they were a bit lost in the second half, not really having played after 4th gen.

i dunno... it's quite serviceable but it can be improved a lot imo. didn't get the same feeling like when i first went to zelda symphony
also lol they forgot about b2w2 during the opening overture
They completely ignored B2W2 other than a brief clip in the ending montage :(

Also the clips they showed in the Two Towers song were the wrong way around.

But yeah, the X/Y gym leader theme was hype.

JoeM86

It's crazy.

It has only been 3 weeks since i gave my 3DS away, but my interest in Pokémon has been on a veeery strong decline since that.
The Fact that there has only been smoke about a new game doesn't help with that.

I would have never thought that my interest in Pokémon depended so much on me having a device able to play the games :/

Everyone gets like that. Once something new is announced you'll be all over it and you know it :p

JoeM86

New themes. Whoop

CWzw5KWXIAA0WH8.png
CWzw5HlWoAE41lX.png
CWzw5IuXIAAbpQp.png

Dak'kon

Why Croagunk? :/

He was in the anime, right? Must have some fans out there :p

New themes. Whoop

CWzw5KWXIAA0WH8.png

I love the top screen of this one, it looks like Pokemon if they had Monster Hunter style emblems. If there was a theme of just this I'd grab it!

Although I can't make out a couple of them. Is it:

Greninja; Staryu; Horsea; Sceptile?; Venusaur
Ho-Oh; Zen Mode Darm; Bunnelby & Buneary from behind?; Joltik; Doublade
???; Combee; Bird Trio; Joltik; Blastoise
Substitute folder

I really want a theme with more of them!

Seil

Greninja; Staryu; Horsea; Sceptile?; Venusaur
Ho-Oh; Zen Mode Darm; Bunnelby & Buneary from behind?; Joltik; Doublade
???; Combee; Bird Trio; Joltik; Blastoise
Substitute folder

First row, Rayquaza not Sceptile. Third row, Gastly.

I like the top screen too. I'd love some faceplates like that a la Monster Hunter

Dak'kon

First row, Rayquaza not Sceptile. Third row, Gastly.

I like the top screen too. I'd love some faceplates like that a la Monster Hunter

Ah yes, the outer ring means it's definitely Ray, the face just looks weird without his usual lipstick. Bottom, yeah must be Gastly... though it looks more like a cyclops :p

Yes! I have those Monster Hunter faceplates and a theme to go with it... but I think I'm going to buy this Pokemon one, especially if you're able to customize the folder icons with each picture. Of course that means I'll need to get some Pokemon faceplates to match... I blame Joe for this :(

JoeM86

Ah yes, the outer ring means it's definitely Ray, the face just looks weird without his usual lipstick. Bottom, yeah must be Gastly... though it looks more like a cyclops :p

Yes! I have those Monster Hunter faceplates and a theme to go with it... but I think I'm going to buy this Pokemon one, especially if you're able to customize the folder icons with each picture. Of course that means I'll need to get some Pokemon faceplates to match... I blame Joe for this :(

Yeah you can't

Boss Doggie

Isn't that the beyblade-like pokemon toy

Also 10/10 episode, really amazing, Team Flare not playing around, TR showing up their presence, Ash recking it hard, and SQUISHY BETRAYS HOLY FUCK

XVHhuJW.jpg

ALSO ASH-GRENINJA IS A SYNC CONFIRMED, ASH GETS HURT WHEN GRENINJA GETS HURT

next ep is Jan 14th, it involves more Bonnie tears

and HOLY SHIT THE ASH SERENA DANCE EPISODE HAS MILLIE BACK! LITERALLY A SHIPBAIT

b6jHmCb.jpg

Salvadora

This may seem like a stupid question, but I've just picked ORAS after about year long Pokemon hiatus. Due to that, I've missed the boat on a few event legendaries. Namely Celebi/Dancie/Hoopa.

Are they really distributed as infrequently as Serebii would have me believe (in Europe)?

This may seem like a stupid question, but I've just picked ORAS after about year long Pokemon hiatus. Due to that, I've missed the boat on a few event legendaries. Namely Celebi/Dancie/Hoopa.

Are they really distributed as infrequently as Serebii would have me believe (in Europe)?

i'm guessing your talking about pokebank Celebi which yeah that's the first time Celebi has been easily gotten outside of japan. as for Dancie/Hoopa they are new so there events were easier to get worldwide and it was the first time they were given out

Boss Doggie

I wonder if they'll implement this sync in game, like a mode where your mon gets super strong but if it faints you faint

Hope this is the right place to ask and if not please delete this post, mods. I fucked up and didnt get a Hoopa all this time. Anyone got a Hoopa from the Mickey Ds event in America that they wouldnt mind trading?

Japan, congrats on making me really want to buy a fourth fucking 3DS. Fucking damn it. I already have two NA ones and a JP one but that green 2DS...

MarkusRJR

So I'm currently playing Leafgreen and I remember hearing about being able to breed Pokémon to get interesting/good moves they wouldn't get in future gens. What are some good examples of this? Is it possible to get some decent moves onto a Flareon or some similarly underwhelming Pokémon? Moves that's make them a little more relevant in gen 6?

I thought I might as well breed some Pokémon since I'll be transferring all my gen 3 Pokémon to gen 6 (playing through each gen game over the course of the next year or two).

So I'm currently playing Leafgreen and I remember hearing about being able to breed Pokémon to get interesting/good moves they wouldn't get in future gens. What are some good examples of this? Is it possible to get some decent moves onto a Flareon or some similarly underwhelming Pokémon? Moves that's make them a little more relevant in gen 6?

I thought I might as well breed some Pokémon since I'll be transferring all my gen 3 Pokémon to gen 6 (playing through each gen game over the course of the next year or two).

yeah

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
YFW Ash starts using Ash-Greninja in every battle regardless of the stakes because he's become addicted to the pain.

Top Bottom