• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hello pokegaf, so I got a New 3DS for Christmas and I brought 2 games for it, Pokemon X and fire emblem awakening, I haven't officially played Pokemon since gold and silver, being a kid I couldn't afford my own things so when it came down to getting a GBA, my mother said no, and so I would never own a Pokemon game again, until now that is, so with this game I'm hoping to hop back in, I also plan to sometime in the future get black and white as it was the game that reinigited the urge to play a Pokemon game again.

JoeM86

Hello pokegaf, so I got a New 3DS for Christmas and I brought 2 games for it, Pokemon X and fire emblem awakening, I haven't officially played Pokemon since gold and silver, being a kid I couldn't afford my own things so when it came down to getting a GBA, my mother said no, and so I would never own a Pokemon game again, until now that is, so with this game I'm hoping to hop back in, I also plan to sometime in the future get black and white as it was the game that reinigited the urge to play a Pokemon game again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh1NTCWHP-4

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
oHCKHBS.jpg

nice

pokken 2p lucario figure preorder

Craving a Pokemon game right now and so the plan is to buy one and feel like a kid again all day playing it. Would I be better off going for X/Y or OR/AS?
I did play ruby back in the day but just curious if X/Y are perhaps the better games.

Must have been at least two years since I've started Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, but finally, after all the time, and almost 90 hours of play time, I did it!

The Perfect Rank!

Now to look forward to Super. :D

Hegarol

Craving a Pokemon game right now and so the plan is to buy one and feel like a kid again all day playing it. Would I be better off going for X/Y or OR/AS?
I did play ruby back in the day but just curious if X/Y are perhaps the better games.
XY is perfectly designed for newcomers, would recommend that one.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
From what I've seen the second Pokemon actually wouldn't make sense to be a shiny---they start the battle as the same color as the original, and then this circle of light changes them to a different color and adds the leg-band.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ok, I just flew a ember at the gym leader's vivilian or whatever's way, and it hit with a super effective......but took like 2 damage, so now I'm contemplating my life.

Ibuki

Banned
Is there a good place to stream all the XY anime? I see some episodes available on the Pokemon TV thing and my TV service, they are missing most of the episodes from the beginning though.

Grats and welcome to the club!

This is actually the first time I've completed the Pokedex, and my Pokedex and my Living Dex were finished at the same time, with Sylveon. Feels good man. I'm glad that with the convenience of the Pokemon Bank that I can easily transfer this Living Dex to any future game instead of something ridiculously time consuming.

aceloop

Neo Member
surely once you finish the Pokedex you should get a better prize than a well done ive always thought......at least a masterball or something :|

PokeGAF what is your fav pokemon movie? im in the mood to watch a pokemon movie but cant decide what.

surely once you finish the Pokedex you should get a better prize than a well done ive always thought......at least a masterball or something :|

PokeGAF what is your fav pokemon movie? im in the mood to watch a pokemon movie but cant decide what.

As someone with a living dex, a masterball is essentially garbage at that point. Who needs instant capture abilities when you already have everything in the game?

aceloop

Neo Member
As someone with a living dex, a masterball is essentially garbage at that point. Who needs instant capture abilities when you already have everything in the game?

so if a shiny abra appeared and you already used your masterball..

before you can say abra kadabra alakazam... that thing will disappear.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I finally completed my living Pokedex!
Z6uqntnl.jpg

h4zUzrtl.jpg

Thought about posting pictures off all of the boxes, but that'd be too much, lol.

You're missing one. ;p

so if a shiny abra appeared and you already used your masterball..

before you can say abra kadabra alakazam... that thing will disappear.

Quick Ball exists, plus getting a shiny Abra isn't that hard.

The Masterball is good for younger players, assuming they don't waste it on a Male Combee, but you can easily catch Pokémon without it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Interesting new gachapon sets flyer

Uzyzkw7.jpg

Has Sylveon and Noivern in the team mons. I can't tell who the last mon is in the Zygarde machine.

Seil

It is really hard to tell what the last in the Zygarde set. I think it might be Charizard Y, though. Looks like a wing on the right side, and a bit of the blue from a wing on the left, three spikes on the head. Correct color scheme.

Top Bottom