• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Bladelaw

The only thing keeping me from a living dex is a few event only 'mons.

Finding someone willing to trade bankable Mythicals is rather daunting. If anyone knows someone looking to get rid of a bankable Jirachi, Manaphy, and/or Shaymin let me know.

Grexeno

So on this playthrough of HeartGold I've now managed to catch a shiny Slowpoke and a shiny Farfetch'd. Seems insane considering Gen 4 shiny rates.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Those both have very dark colors, though, while this is clearly a bright orange.

yeah but the poster is sorta saturated

By the way the gachapons are advertised as Movie 19 toys with some extra mons (as usual).

Interesting new gachapon sets flyer

Uzyzkw7.jpg

Has Sylveon and Noivern in the team mons. I can't tell who the last mon is in the Zygarde machine.

it's mega camerupt

images

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I was looking at my Platinum team and I want to add Genger and I thought it would be fun to catch it fully evolved but it's a Pokémon that can only be found by Dual-Slot mode.

My question is does Dual-Slot mode work before beating the game?

Seil

So I was looking at my Platinum team and I want to add Genger and I thought it would be fun to catch it fully evolved but it's a Pokémon that can only be found by Dual-Slot mode.

My question is does Dual-Slot mode work before beating the game?

Nope, you need to unlock Pal Park first, which requires you get the National Dex.

Boss Doggie

Yeah I watched it with pokemon anime general, it's weird to see the guy wear BW Ash clothes but the background featured XY Ash

it's the 1st time they doing that slot during kouhaku btw... probably will be there for the next time unless general reception from public is very poor
but hey, there's bunch more product advertisements in each year, so there's no way they'll cut that short anime slot :v

Misterhbk

Would anyone be willing to help me or and hook up and electrizer? I don't have much to offer but it could be held by whatever Pokemon, doesn't really matter at all, I just really want to evolve my Electabuzz. I'd really appreciate it!

Come to think about it, if we assume that Typhlosion and Delphox can be forced into the Chinese zodiac... by going for something loosely related...

What would make a good "next" fire starter out of the Ox, Snake, Horse, Rabbit, Goat, Tiger?

Real talk, a Fire Ox would be rad as fuck.

Boss Doggie

Come to think about it, if we assume that Typhlosion and Delphox can be forced into the Chinese zodiac... by going for something loosely related...

What would make a good "next" fire starter out of the Ox, Snake, Horse, Rabbit, Goat, Tiger?

Nah, Typhlosion won't fit it because the "fire mouse" is a mistranslation. And foxes aren't dogs/wolves (they are both canid, but not canine).

fire goat sounds adorable and then hilarious

Has someone ever calculated how much it'd take to buy every single official Pokémon plushie out there? xD

It sure sounds like there should be more than enough money to, well, buy a house or two.

spiritfox

Does anyone know what will happen if your Pokemon Bank sub lapses? Will they delete the bank immediately or will they keep it for a time?

Does anyone know what will happen if your Pokemon Bank sub lapses? Will they delete the bank immediately or will they keep it for a time?
They will keep it for a time. Officially they have not said how long that time will be, only that they will keep it for an undisclosed amount of time, however there have been reports of people leaving their Pokemon in an unsubscribed bank for over a year and still being able to access them so it seems to be a substantial amount of time.

Note though that as they never said how long it was they could theoreticaly delete your Pokemon at any time.

Firestorm

Happy New Year y'all! Who's ready for Gen 7?!

Went to my first card game tournament in months and damn Hoopa EX and Shaymin EX are ridiculous.

Billyman

Neo Member
I wonder how they'll reveal Z or whatever the next Kalos game is called. Will they go for a huge trailer blowout like X/Y had when it was revealed, or just a logo with vague details like ORAS had and slowly trickle info out in the months to come?

Will they reveal huge post game info (like the a 2nd region or return of the Battle Frontier) in the first trailer or late into the rollout cycle?

Personally I hope they don't reveal every new mega like they did for ORAS. I'd appreciate if some things were left for us to find out on our own. I'll probably ignore all trailers anyway

JoeM86

I'm going to be bold and say that we see our first Gen VII Pokemon by year's end.

Possibly. I'd say it's likely with the movie, but on the condition that we get the new game this Spring.

To me it makes sense for us to get it. Feb reveal, June launch akin to Black 2 & White 2's reveal schedule, with Volcanion revealed early and being the prebooking distribution for the movie with the "Trade Volcanion to Z in order to unlock _____" like they all do, but with the timing of Keldeo.

But Game Freak are hard to predict these days

ash_ag

I wonder how much salt will there be if it isn't an expected announcement. Like if they try to do a funky version. Not a sequel or a "third".

It's hard to do a much less ambitious release than a 'director's cut' edition of a 3-year-old game. Revisionism aside, a third version would be considered "funky" for most intents and purposes. I do think most fans mean a sequel (or something in that effect) when they speak of "Z", but the fact that there is plenty acceptance for even a third version is a good indication for how there really isn't a scenario where the more vocal Pokémon fans would be disappointed by any game -- at the time of announcement, that is.

I find myself to be in the Gen 7 camp for the most part. That is for reasons that have been discussed to full extent, and there isn't much else to add at the moment. But even in the scenario of Gen 6 continuing until 2017, the only possible release that would genuinely surprise me is a third version. Game Freak has been trying plenty new things for the last 5 years or so, and I don't have it in them to wear their most regressive and unambitious mask in the franchise's 20th Anniversary.

JoeM86

Fingers crossed for new games set in Kanto then

Note: the above is ridiculous and not indicative of insider knowledge

I do think that a straightforward Z as we'd understand it from the past is getting less and less likely for every day it goes unannounced.

I dunno what we'd be getting instead, mind, but this schedule didn't make any sense to me if the plan is just to release a bog-standard third version.

Top Bottom