• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ash beats Trick Room by increasing Hawlucha's Speed and using X-Scissor on it.
The show is back to aiming for the horn levels of ignoring mechanics.

Eh I don't think it's that level. There's some logic to trick room since it's a psychic type, so it got shattered by bug type. And shit like that is what you'd expect in a fight that aren't turn based personally.

Noivern will probably learn something like flamethrower, or Hawlucha will do his usual fighting attacks.

JoeM86

Ash beats Trick Room by increasing Hawlucha's Speed and using X-Scissor on it.
The show is back to aiming for the horn levels of ignoring mechanics.

The anime is not the games. If it was following strict game logic, it'd be boring. It's allowed to take liberties.

Ha. It's not exactly one that, well, exists.

It just looks like it could be a pokemon.

I outlined it so you can see exactly what i'm seeing. Then look back at the original images I posted and maybe you'll get a better picture.

i5Dy8SD.jpg

CassSept

Ha. It's not exactly one that, well, exists.

It just looks like it could be a pokemon.

I outlined it so you can see exactly what i'm seeing. Then look back at the original images I posted and maybe you'll get a better picture.

It looks like some freaky bastard child of Mewtwo and Donnie Darko rabbit.

Reminds me of a mix between larvitar and nidoran.

I think i'm gonna have to do full out fan art based on my interpretation of this wall lol

Chase17

Detective Pikachu looks hilarious, I'm in. Thought it was cancelled for sure.

In the anime I've liked how they've done stat changes so far. Caught me off gaurd when Onix used rock polish. Have past seasons done this?

Daemul

The anime has always had the most realistic portrayal of Pokemon battles out of the two(game/anime), but if Pokemon battles happened in real life they would probably be more on the same wavelength as boxing where Pokemon trained under you and worked on strategies, but ultimately fought on their own during battles, with trainers being the cheerleaders and morale support on the side.

Chase17

Ahhhh. I should have specified that I meant as a mainline/console entry (actually maybe not since in relation to the other thread it would have been fine). Didn't realize you were talking about Pokémon Go. My bad!

Ahhhh. I should have specified that I meant as a mainline/console entry (actually maybe not since in relation to the other thread it would have been fine). Didn't realize you were talking about Pokémon Go. My bad!

The online features of the mainline games already make the game an MMO. Unless you seriously want "kill X amount of Pidgeys" as a mission objective, which it already kind of is thanks to EVs.

Chase17

The online features of the mainline games already make the game an MMO. Unless you seriously want "kill X amount of Pidgeys" as a mission objective, which it already kind of is thanks to EVs.

Would depend on how you play it. Personally, I wouldn't classify X/Y and ORAS as an MMO, but I guess I see how you could.

ash_ag

Pokémon gacha game... Kinda want... :p

I wonder if the reason it never happened relates to PEGI's gambling policy. Rolling characters is borderline gambling. But then again, so are certain aspects of Shuffle, like the capture success and the encounter rate in Safari. I suppose Shuffle could be seen as TPC's take on the trend. And then we have GO, which sounds like a far more ambitious and forward-thinking idea than gacha clones.

PSS is just incredible, and I want to see it continue evolving. While it's not quite an "MMORPG", it succeeds in making you feel connected to other players. I genuinely felt I was playing in parallel with other Trainers in XY, and the little subtle interactions were a blast. It can definitely go even further -- I wouldn't mind a live version of Union Room or Unity Tower, or something in that effect. The important thing is to keep PSS front and center in the game's UI. I feel less people used it in ORAS, due to DexNav and the like. It took quite a while to change between those screens...

Mr-Joker

Banned
Why do people still want a Pokémon MMO.
We're getting a Pokémon MMO.

Yeah Pokémon Go fits the MMO aspect plus Gen 6 brought in the PSS which is a lite MMO function.

What they are really asking for is a full scale Pokémon MMO but fail to realise that won't happen since it's too expensive and time consuming to develop when that time could be spent on the main series and other side game like that awesome Detective Pikachu game.

can't wait for the stories about how much money spent on trying to pull a Mew

I sold my truck to buy Mew.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Which is weird since this game has more depth than any of the 3D naruto games (which was a toned down version of the superior 2D games)

Chase17

Really surprised Pokken is in. I thought they would have passed on it due to who it would have to be set up. I'll be interested to see how many people enter it.

Busaiku

Nintendo/Pokémon sponsorship likely.
They'll be providing the equipment, so it's not a bug deal.

Dunno if it's be too big though.
3D games are not too popular in the US, and I don't see Tekken people taking to this, since they'll have their own game.
This has to pretty much build up a completely new/unique community.

Game looks like a crap game though, and unlike Marvel or Persona, doesn't have existing fighting fans behind it.

Really surprised Pokken is in. I thought they would have passed on it due to who it would have to be set up. I'll be interested to see how many people enter it.
Won't be surprised if TPCi/Nintendo sends over a lot of the set-ups from the Pokken Tournament event at US Nationals. Though Nintendo probably has a lot of set-ups they can lend regardless. Also, official translation of LAN mode:
There is also a mode that allows you to connect two Wii U consoles together with a LAN cable to experience head-to-head action at a full 60 frames per second on separate TVs. In this mode, each player can use any compatible controller.

Nightbird

I just saw that the mobile version of Pokémon Shuffle has been officially released last week. Finally I can stop trying to play with cracked versions of it!

And goodbye money/time/whatever lol

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I just saw that the mobile version of Pokémon Shuffle has been officially released last week. Finally I can stop trying to play with cracked versions of it!

And goodbye money/time/whatever lol
Weird. Had it on my iPhone since early last year.

Top Bottom