• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Kyzer

Banned
So... When the hell is Pokemon Z coming? I though for sure it would of been released in February/ March.

I think we will find out by the end of April and probably will get the game in NA around the same time next year. There's a good chance we will find out in Feb, I'd say. Then again I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So... When the hell is Pokemon Z coming? I though for sure it would of been released in February/ March.

Keep an eye on February 27th, there's a good chance that "Pokémon Z" will be announced then.

I just saw that the mobile version of Pokémon Shuffle has been officially released last week. Finally I can stop trying to play with cracked versions of it!

And goodbye money/time/whatever lol

I pretty much stopped playing that piece of crap, it's fun but the "free to play" mechanic just drags the game play down.

It might be announced around the actual anniversary.

If not... well.

There is still plenty of time for it to be released this year. Pt, HG, SS and BW were all revealed in spring and released September. BW2 was revealed in March and released in June. XY and DP were actually anomalous in how long it took them to release.

Hydrus

I think we will find out by the end of April and probably will get the game in NA around the same time next year. There's a good chance we will find out in Feb, I'd say. Then again I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Keep an eye on February 27th, there's a good chance that "Pokémon Z" will be announced then.

I pretty much stopped playing that piece of crap, it's fun but the "free to play" mechanic just drags the game play down.

Thanks guys, but what's going on on the 27?

I'm betting Z is announced on February 27th and then released sometime between June and September.
After that I bet the 2017 movie is based around Eternal Flower Floette and a Gen VII Pokemon and then Gen VII releases sometime in between September and November 2017.

I'm betting Z is announced on February 27th and then released sometime between June and September.
After that I bet the 2017 movie is based around Eternal Flower Floette and a Gen VII Pokemon and then Gen VII releases sometime in between September and November 2017.

If Z is happening, I'll go with that plan for the games. If not, I can see Gen VII Spring next year.

I don't see them giving Eternal Flower Floette a movie, though- it's simply not big enough, and it's tied into a game plot in the sort of way that the movies never touch. I could see them giving it an anime arc, but I think next year's movie will be full-bore Gen VII.

Hell, I'm still not convinced that we aren't getting a Gen VII Pokémon in this year's movie- the fact that they've already revealed Volcanion and yet haven't given the movie a title is DAMNED suspicious.

Well this has happened before, hasn't it? (in-progress movie titles, that is)

For instance, the 13th movie was Ruler of Illusions Z at the end of 2009, and it was February 2010 before Zoroark was revealed and the movie title updated.

-Horizon-

That'd be really nice. Hope we get one that soon.

...when did you get a tag arch? >.>

For instance, the 13th movie was Ruler of Illusions Z at the end of 2009, and it was February 2010 before Zoroark was revealed and the movie title updated.
Oh yeah, they generally don't announce the full movie title right at the reveal- generally speaking, it's because the movie has a hidden Pokémon that they haven't revealed yet. Phantom Champion Z became Phantom Champion Zoroark, Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordsman became Kyurem VS The Sacred Swordsman Keldeo, Cocoon of Destruction became Cocoon of Destruction & Diancie, etc. They didn't reveal last year's title as anything other than Pokémon XY the Movie 2015 until they revealed Hoopa, at which point it became Archdjinn of Rings- Hoopa.

However, they've already shown off Volcanion, and they still haven't revealed the title yet at all. I'm deeply suspicious of that.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Poor metapod

12552704_1128088177215058_6197656008067234817_n.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I hate comics or jokes that pull shit like that.

Like, unless you're paralyzed, asleep, already at full boost, or attracted, status wouldn't fail. And even then they wouldn't say it failed when it doesn't work.

Nightbird

However, they've already shown off Volcanion, and they still haven't revealed the title yet at all. I'm deeply suspicious of that.

Wich probably means that Volcanion isn't the star of the movie.

Wild guess, whatever it was what chained Ash to Volcanion is the main star of the movie

Wichtig probably means that Volcanion isn't the star of the movie.

Wild guess, whatever it was what chained Ash to Volcanion is the main star of the movie

I'd agree, but there is some reason that they're keeping whatever the star is secret.

Might be a new forme, or even a new Pokémon, but it's definitely something we don't know yet.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Thanks guys, but what's going on on the 27?

It's the release date of the original Pokémon Red and Green in Japan and they are celebrating it by having a day called Pokémon day.

To also add fuel to the fire this month Corro Corro said that next issue will have big new of Pokémon that "Will affect the world."

Hydrus

It's the release date of the original Pokémon Red and Green in Japan and they are celebrating it by having a day called Pokémon day.

To also add fuel to the fire this month Corro Corro said that next issue will have big new of Pokémon that "Will affect the world."

O wow! Didn't know that.

That was specifically for the movie, though.

And honestly, would Z "affect the world"?

I feel like Z (if thats what we get) should of been last year in November. Especially with the anime starting back in October. I have a feeling it got delayed/ had setbacks.

With all this Gen 1 pandering/ hints we've been getting, I was hoping for a Red/Blue ll Sequel for the 20 anniversary. How badass would that be if it was an NX launch title ( Whatever the NX is). Seems like everything would of lined up perfectly. Just cant imagine an enhanced version/ sequel version of games that came out three years ago be the big thing for the 20 anniversary of the franchise.

JoeM86

Every single year since like 2002 :p

Hatchtag

Banned
imo:
February-Z announced to coincide with Anniversary
June-Nintendo's new handheld is announced by this time. Probably new console too.
September-Z releases.
November-NX console released.
December-Pokemon Gen 7 announced, for next handheld.
March-next handheld released
Fall-Pokemon Gen 7 released.

My sole problem with this theory-and it's a biggie-where the hell does Go fit in?

JoeM86

imo:
February-Z announced to coincide with Anniversary
June-Nintendo's new handheld is announced by this time. Probably new console too.
September-Z releases.
November-NX console released.
December-Pokemon Gen 7 announced, for next handheld.
March-next handheld released
Fall-Pokemon Gen 7 released.

My sole problem with this theory-and it's a biggie-where the hell does Go fit in?

GO is a spin-off. Nobody cares :p

I think December would be too early for Gen 7 reveal.

Cheebo

Banned
GO is a spin-off. Nobody cares :p

I think December would be too early for Gen 7 reveal.
More people will care about Go than the main line games if it goes as planned by TPCi. By far. The dedicated system owners and players are a niche compared to the potential of Go if it breaks out huge like other big mobile games of it ilk. Even with NX Pokemons long term future is in mobile if Go ends up being the major hit TPCi is hoping it will be.

JoeM86

More people will care about Go than the main line games if it goes as planned by TPCi. By far. The dedicated system owners and players are a niche compared to the potential of Go if it breaks out huge like other big mobile games of it ilk. Even with NX Pokemons long term future is in mobile if Go ends up being the major hit TPCi is hoping it will be.

I don't think so. While it has the possibility to be huge, it won't become the future of Pokémon.

Cheebo

Banned
I don't think so. While it has the possibility to be huge, it won't become the future of Pokémon.
TPC needs a back up plan for the future of the franchise in case the dedicated handheld market shrivels up and dies, they can't assume it will always be relevant it would be very short-sided to do so and they know that. Go is their first real test of the mobile market on a serious scale. Assuming the game actually ends up being the game they initially hyped it to be of course.

i'm starting to think what are they planning on doing with sawyer, judging from the pre view i don't think he isn't going to win this one, it makes me think they are building up to him beating ash at one point but it's not clear

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
i'm starting to think what are they planning on doing with sawyer, judging from the pre view i don't think he isn't going to win this one, it makes me think they are building up to him beating ash at one point but it's not clear

Ash has never lost to a character introduced early on. He usually loses to a newcomer. Even Ritchie was introduced near the end of OS.

Ash has never lost to a character introduced early on. He usually loses to a newcomer. Even Ritchie was introduced near the end of OS.

i don't know how the league will play out, i just wondering if he will get a win in before the league. i just don't want him to be a jobber

Top Bottom