• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

img02.png

"What have I done with my life?"

I need this game.

HP list for Pokken since I'm slow and *just* realized this could be done for even the new characters, aside from the Mewtwo bros:

Machamp: 660
Garchomp: 660
Suicune: 630
Blaziken: 600
Lucario: 600
Charizard: 600
Sceptile: 570
Pikachu: 570
Luchador Pikachu: 570
Gardevoir: 540
Weavile: 540
Braixen: 540
Chandelure: 510
Gengar: 510

Average: About 578.5

Power: Machamp, Garchomp, Charizard, Chandelure
Standard: Suicune, Lucario, Blaziken, Braixen, Pikachu
Technique: Gardevoir, Gengar
Speed: Weavile, Sceptile, Luchador Pikachu

Source 1
Source 2

What makes a fighter Power, Standard, Technique, or Speed? I'd imagine a Power type has high HP, but Chandelure has one of the lowest. And Suicune looked liked it would be a Technique type.

What makes a fighter Power, Standard, Technique, or Speed? I'd imagine a Power type has high HP, but Chandelure has one of the lowest. And Suicune looked liked it would be a Technique type.

Power is strength, stronger hitting moves but not the fastest i would guess

Technique is ranged and yeah i don't know why Suicune is Technique

Speed is pretty self explanatory faster characters not the strongest hits, have to use there speed to land more hits

Standard is jack of all trade master of none,

I think Technique is just about learning curve, of which Gardevoir and Gengar seem to have the highest of just by looking at them in videos.

Power is strength, stronger hitting moves but not the fastest i would guess

Technique is ranged and yeah i don't know why Suicune is Technique

Speed is pretty self explanatory faster characters not the strongest hits, have to use there speed to land more hits

Standard is jack of all trade master of none,

That makes sense I guess, but speaking learning curve, how does Machamp do anything against anyone? I mean even when it wins it seems like a major pain in the 3d space. I'm not even a fan of Machamp, but I feel so sorry for it.

Cindro

Speaking of, has GF said when that "Champion" Red Nendroid will go up? The 20th anniversary site says it's available on the Pokemon Center, which it certainly isn't. I missed out on the original Red Nendroid, and I refuse to make that mistake again. GF needs more money and I need more pointless Pokemon merchandise that I'll never get any practical use out of!

Chase17

Speaking of, has GF said when that "Champion" Red Nendroid will go up? The 20th anniversary site says it's available on the Pokemon Center, which it certainly isn't. I missed out on the original Red Nendroid, and I refuse to make that mistake again. GF needs more money and I need more pointless Pokemon merchandise that I'll never get any practical use out of!
Near end of February according to this http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/an-exclusive-nendoroid-worthy-of-a-champion/

MarkusRJR

God that Red Nendroid is so nice. So annoying that the Pokémon Center site doesn't ship to Canada. Really want to buy stuff from the site. :(

kyo2004

Sorry for spamming this on the 3 Pokémon threads... XD but Mew Event has started...
yxnUB2B.jpg

Edit: another IMG (this is the physical card)
CLYkLqfl.jpg

The Japanese Pokken site also has some screens of the Wii U version that look a little bit better than the shit they've shown us before:
I don't believe they're bullshots because i don't see AA or the like, and they aren't what I would call "pretty". But they do look 720p instead of sub-HD like the first batch of screens did to me.

ash_ag

edit: wait the 20th artwork of red has pockets on his jacket

3UQQZeB.jpg

Well, it's based on his original attire from Gen 1/2. They changed him quite a bit for FRLG. Really cool to see a modern artwork of the original!

Kotobukiya produces collectables, and the original source says this is the "beginning of Pocket Monsters series figures, with a modern revival of the legendary trainer Red". Damn! :eek:

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah the screenies that came out with Braixen and company. That's why I shrug when people judge the game graphics through that.

Refyref

Nice!
Still wish they distributed all of them through the internet for those of us not in NA/EU/Japan, though. At least next month is Wi-Fi.

Is it possible to get more than one code in Europe (GAME distribution)?

Depends on the store. I live near ten in London and some will give out multiple (up to a maximum of four) while others only give out one and still others hardly know what you are talking about and you have to push them to give out any at all.

Nando13

Depends on the store. I live near ten in London and some will give out multiple (up to a maximum of four) while others only give out one and still others hardly know what you are talking about and you have to push them to give out any at all.

But in my country they are distributed via Nintendo Zone, not physical cards.

Top Bottom