• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Cormano

Ooh I didn't know that you can get a Mew plush. I will get my Mew Code on Tuesday and maybe buy that Froakie plush that I had my eye on for awhile.

Good luck, I called 4 gamestops before going to the one where they still got a Mew plush in stock.mall other ones were OOS.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I only caught the final match of the Pokken stuff, but it was like super boring to watch. Lots of running at the opponent and then guarding followed by getting grabbed. Is that how the meta is now at this point of the arcade or am I missing something?

i still surprised they made Chandelure the cute but strong character you see in alot of fighting games. it's being a power makes more sense now

Kyzer

Banned
So considering they actually went back into Red/Blue/Yellow's code to add wireless functionality, I wonder if there was anything else they decided to change or add. They probably fixed missingno. :(

So considering they actually went back into Red/Blue/Yellow's code to add wireless functionality, I wonder if there was anything else they decided to change or add. They probably fixed missingno. :(
Did they? I was under the impression that the wireless functionality was added by modifying Nintendo's GB(C) emulator not the RGBY ROMs.

JoeM86

CaDxaAqWAAIESeD.jpg

Counting down the days...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just the emulator spoofing a link cable connection.

You are correct

Kyzer

Banned
Ahh ok! So theres still hope for missingno

Yeah I cant wait to play through all three again. I'll have both red and blue (the game that got me into games) from the bundle, and I have to get yellow too, so my hands are tied. Maybe I'll only use missingno and mew in Red ;)

Well my chance of mew just died. Literally all the Game stores near me are closed and all the worthwhile legendaries are code related. Will never understand nintendo with partnering with stores.

Nando13

Does anyone know the amazon's search terms for Pokemon Red/Green/Blue in japanese? I would like to know if the game bundle (without the 2DS) is available for preorder.

So I only caught the final match of the Pokken stuff, but it was like super boring to watch. Lots of running at the opponent and then guarding followed by getting grabbed. Is that how the meta is now at this point of the arcade or am I missing something?
It appeared to just be one of those really stupid match-ups you sometimes get in fighting games (Especially Sm4sh). Machamp's best option was often to just slowly work his way in and go for a buffed grab because of how dumb the match-up is.

We had a Gengar-less match (Machamp VS Blaziken) and I remember it being much more exciting.

Chase17

It would have been great if Pokken had an over the top 3 hour story mode.

With Pilachu Libre as the main character.

So yeah, updating list from earlier:

Machamp: 660
Garchomp: 660
Suicune: 630
Blaziken: 600
Lucario: 600
Charizard: 600
Sceptile: 570
Pikachu: 570
Pikachu Libre: 570
Gardevoir: 540
Weavile: 540
Braixen: 540
Chandelure: 510
Gengar: 510
Shadow Mewtwo: 480

Average: 572

Power: Machamp, Garchomp, Charizard, Chandelure
Standard: Suicune, Lucario, Blaziken, Braixen, Pikachu
Technique: Gardevoir, Gengar, Shadow Mewtwo
Speed: Weavile, Sceptile, Pikachu Libre

Also, last night's placings:
1) Gengar (A3)
2) Machamp (A5)
3) Gengar (B1)
4) Gengar (C1)
5) Weavile (A3) (Got paired with the other A3 in the first round of Top 8)
5) Blaziken (B)
5) Machamp(B)
5) Gengar (B)

Chase17

So yeah, updating list from earlier:

Machamp: 660
Garchomp: 660
Suicune: 630
Blaziken: 600
Lucario: 600
Charizard: 600
Sceptile: 570
Pikachu: 570
Pikachu Libre: 570
Gardevoir: 540
Weavile: 540
Braixen: 540
Chandelure: 510
Gengar: 510
Shadow Mewtwo: 480

Average: 572

Power: Machamp, Garchomp, Charizard, Chandelure
Standard: Suicune, Lucario, Blaziken, Braixen, Pikachu
Technique: Gardevoir, Gengar, Shadow Mewtwo
Speed: Weavile, Sceptile, Pikachu Libre

Also, last night's placings:
1) Gengar (A3)
2) Machamp (A5)
3) Gengar (B1)
4) Gengar (C1)
5) Weavile (A3) (Got paired with the other A3 in the first round of Top 8)
5) Blaziken (B)
5) Machamp(B)
5) Gengar (B)
Good to see that Mewtwo carried over his frailness from Smash.

What are the numbers/letters after the placements? Groups?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
March 3rd: XY&Z017 - Zapdos and Noivern! A Furious Strike of Lightning!!

Oh baby! I am so hyped!

Also it seems Ash is making his flight mons evolve by pitting them against bird legendaries. But then again Hawlucha doesn't evolve...

March 3rd: XY&Z017 - Zapdos and Noivern! A Furious Strike of Lightning!!

Oh baby! I am so hyped!

Also it seems Ash is making his flight mons evolve by pitting them against bird legendaries. But then again Hawlucha doesn't evolve...

It's kind of crazy that barring Pikachu who's an obvious exception, this looks like the first time Ash will ever have a fully evolved team

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So there's apparently a new moncolle series, it's specifically for XY&Z

It has Noivern so that's a given. Same with Perfect Zygarde. But there's Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken, which already had moncolle minifigures before.

I guess Limone/Meyer and Korrina returning? What if Ash ends up getting Lucario (lol)

EDIT: Oh right this is the second Noivern figure too since I remember seeing moncolle Noivern before

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
If anyone has an extra Mew code, I wouldn't mind taking the code off their hands :)

Mr-Joker

Banned
It's kind of crazy that barring Pikachu who's an obvious exception, this looks like the first time Ash will ever have a fully evolved team

Well we still don't what his final Pokémon will be so watch it be a Pokémon that won't fully evolve....

Damn it Ash catch your final Pokémon already, ya lazy git. ¬_¬;

Damn Buizel for ruining the Sinnoh team :p

That always annoyed me, instead evolving Buizel and have it learn Ice Fang, they just straight up opted to have it learn Ice punch.

Cindro

Happy Pokemon anniversary month!

How are people celebrating?

I've had a few ideas - I was originally going to restrict myself to only Pokemon games throughout the month, but then I remembered Fire Emblem is coming out in a couple of weeks.

Okay then, how about only RPGs in February?

"You have a full time job, idiot, you don't have time to play multiple RPGs in a month," I chided to myself.

Still, I want to do *something*. I mean, I'm getting the n3DS bundle when it comes out, so I'll be replaying Red or Blue on that, but that isn't until the tail end of the month. What should I play up until then?

I was thinking something like Soul Silver -> if I have time (I won't) Chrono Trigger -> Fire Emblem -> Pokemon Blue.

But then I considered buying a Digimon game to keep with the creature RPG theme, since Cyber Sleuth looks cool and I've never played one before. But I don't have a Sony system, and there don't seem to be any on 3DS (outside of Japan, at least). Apparently Digimon World DS is pretty good, and it's only $20 on amazon, but then what am I really doing with my life? This is POKEMON MONTH, DAMMIT.

Ugh. Whatever.

*Goes and plays Animal Crossing to not think about it*

PSTV + Cyber Sleuth

#fuckpokemon

Like who plays Pokemon games? I sure don't. I haven't touched one since I was like 10 what grownass adult plays Pokemon games come on bro

Top Bottom