• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If that's how it ends up working in the games it's going to be crazy, there will be so many different Kalos starter Mega designs. It would also be a bitch because every generation would be a complete start over for them unless character customization comes back and they keep all the clothes or just dump the "customizable" Mega idea come Gen 7 and just have one design for each that is used for all future games.

It's not like they look complicated, Ash Greninja is pretty simple.

So, we're now at 5 Pokémon Nendoroids, or 6 if you count Champion Red:
  • Red
  • Cynthia
  • N
  • Red, Classic Ver.
  • Blue, Classic Ver.
  • Red, Champion Ver.
I guess they will eventually arrive in the US Pokémon Center, but for everyone else, it's $250 per piece from eBay scalpers. :'(

pls
honestly if you're scared of missed out or don't have a way to get it (mostly EU) just preorder those from amazon jp within the preorder period and use proxy/forwarder.

spiritfox

So, we're now at 5 Pokémon Nendoroids, or 6 if you count Champion Red:
  • Red
  • Cynthia
  • N
  • Red, Classic Ver.
  • Blue, Classic Ver.
  • Red, Champion Ver.
I guess they will eventually arrive in the US Pokémon Center, but for everyone else, it's $250 per piece from eBay scalpers. :'(

You can just import the Japanese versions for much less if you really want them.

ash_ag

I guess that's an option. From what I see, Cynthia via Tenso would cost around 60€ which isn't nearly as bad as I expected. The Pokémon Center price is (or was) lower at $50, but the price difference is still close the the usual €/$ equivalence in video games. Not bad, but a more official solution would certainly be more convenient.

Chase17

Is there a chance these come to the US Pokémon center? Would probably get if so. Mew seems to be a somewhat random choice but it works for me.

Weren't Cynthia and N were only announced in Japan before getting a US release?

Edit: I wonder if they'll be any Pokémon amiibo released this year.

ash_ag

Something tells me they're saving Pokémon amiibo for when a significant drop in current lines' sales is noticed. There are still plenty significant IPs to cover before even returning to Mario, Animal Crossing and Splatoon, so it might take a while. But I do think Pokémon is a good card to have for the inevitable scenario of amiibo sales fatigue.

It also depends on what TPC can and wants to do, of course. For the main series, I was thinking that a Poké Ball amiibo may be how they test the waters. It could replicate some of PokéWalker's functionality, in that it would store Pokémon outside the game, but it may even be used for real-life trading and gifting, which would be an interesting experiment. For an extensive characters line, a PokéPark meets Skylanders / Infinity may be worth exploring. Some Minecraft elements would also help to make it very popular with younger audiences.

Something tells me they're saving Pokémon amiibo for when a significant drop in current lines' sales is noticed. There are still plenty significant IPs to cover before even returning to Mario, Animal Crossing and Splatoon, so it might take a while. But I do think Pokémon is a good card to have for the inevitable scenario of amiibo sales fatigue.

It also depends on what TPC can and wants to do, of course. For the main series, I was thinking that a Poké Ball amiibo may be how they test the waters. It could replicate some of PokéWalker's functionality, in that it would store Pokémon outside the game, but it may even be used for real-life trading and gifting, which would be an interesting experiment. For an extensive characters line, a PokéPark meets Skylanders / Infinity may be worth exploring. Some Minecraft elements would also help to make it very popular with younger audiences.

A Pokemon adventure game following the Skylanders/Infinity model would bankrupt me.

Boss Doggie

>Ash and his friends have decided to visit a town where a festival based around the legendary Pokemon Zapdos is being held. But then, intense thunder echoes through. The group hurry into a cave for shelter, where they encounter an injured rescue worker. He's unable to move, so Ash and his friends decide to deliver the medicine he was on his way to a group of children with in his place. But as they exit the cave, they see an angry Zapdos...

I wonder how a "Noivern" gets involved here, then again the Moltres ep didn't have a Fletchinder mentioning in its summary.

Mr-Joker

Banned
at this rate, I'm really curious who Articuno will force evolve on Ash's team

His 6th Pokémon...

665Spewpa.png

Then he will have used all the flying type in Kalos, barring Yveltal.

Pokémon Z is actually Yellow 2, only replace Froakie with Pikachu and have Froakie have no problem at all with evolution, in fact gaining a limit break like mega form based on happiness.

"Pokemon Ninja Blue, November 2016"

"Disclaimer: The Chespin and Fennekin lines are unobtainable, even through trading."

Boss Doggie

Well considering team flare in the anime is going overboard with "life", maybe Ash needs help with the avatar of death

Kyzer

Banned
Im really thinking theyre holding back on "Z" because there'll be an Nx enhanced version or something like that at this point.

MAtgS

Im really thinking theyre holding back on "Z" because there'll be an Nx enhanced version or something like that at this point.
A mainline pokemon at a system launch, and one that could become the first true console entry of the series, would be huge.

I think they're either holding back the announcement to coincide with the anniversary (daft, but whatever), they've hit development problems with it... or it isn't coming at all.

If Pokémon Day comes and goes with no announcements, and if we do get a Gen VII Pokémon turning up in the movie, I start to lean towards Go being the priority this year, and Z having been put on the bricks.

I can't imagine them revealing "Z" during the actual Pokemon Day event unless there's a stream for it. Although they could always just announce it on Twitter like they did with ORAS lol. There's a chance they could always announce it before the 27th as well.

Anyway, Corocoro will be interesting when it leaks next week.

JoeM86

Why? Because we had last year off?

We get years off of new games every generation. 2015 was that. Simple as.

A mainline pokemon at a system launch, and one that could become the first true console entry of the series, would be huge.

It'd also not happen mid-generation

Grexeno

Just caught a Shiny Rhydon in Platinum. Basically in the last couple of months I've caught 3 shinies in Gen 4 games. This is probably more than most people have even seen pre-gen 6.

Anura

Got a question about the Mew code for you all. Does the Mew you get have a higher chance for good IVs? Because I just got one with 29/31/31/31/29/31 but it's a docile nature. I'm thinking about resetting if it has a higher chance for high IVs but if not I kinda want to keep it for posterity's sake.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Playing Pokémon Yellow and fuuuuuuuuuuuck Koga, can't even get past his first Venonat as I stuck in an endless loop of Sand, my Sandslash, being sent to sleep via sleep powder and every time I use the Pokéflute she gets sent back to sleep...So much for Sleep powder being 75% as it seem to hit 100% of the time. ¬_¬;

Watch Ash somehow gets a Yveltal to tag along.

Ha ha, might as well.

Poor Leaf will never get any love.

No girls allowed in our nostalgia gen 1 pandering.

Nah, we gonna see the game in 3 weeks time, mark my words.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Since we're talking about Ash-Greninja being in the games, I always thought how they could work is each Kalos Starter could have a "Bond Evolution" that's generic looking enough that it could basically work for all future protagonists, one for male and one for female. Like if you change a few features about Ash-Greninja, it wouldn't feel too odd being used alongside any of the male PCs honestly, and you could change it up slightly for the girls.

I had the idea that it could be done through a new move called like "Bond Strike", that your Starter would learn during the game though any other Kalos Starter you got would need you to max happiness first to learn it. Bond Strike would basically be identical to Return, except with it you could "Bond Evolve".

Perhaps for balance, the Bond Mega Kalos Starters would only receive a 50 pt. stat increase, and have their Hidden Ability as default, to make up for the fact they could still hold an item unlike the other Mega Starters.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Just caught a Shiny Rhydon in Platinum. Basically in the last couple of months I've caught 3 shinies in Gen 4 games. This is probably more than most people have even seen pre-gen 6.

During gen IV you needed to fill up Pokémon Ranch to get a Mew, so I had to devise ways of getting a lot of Pokémon and I decided to try breeding Magikarp. So first things first, I made some good parents, kinda tricky back before even HG/SS but that only got me forty or so extra Pokémon. Then I decided to fill it up entirely with Magikarp from this set up. Ranch will take eggs by the way so I didn't have to hatch them all but since I needed to run back and forth anyways to generate new eggs I thought, meh, might as well.

Anyways when I get to about the tenth box or so of Magikarp I get lucky and out pops a shiny one. Then another one happens ten Pokémon later! Finally a third one (with the right nature and good IVs) comes right as I'm winding down this project.

I kept them all as Magikarp as HG/SS was already almost out in Japan at this time and I knew that nobody would care about having one after that.

4th Gen was my best gen for shinies. Got a Tangela in HG/SS, a Riolu from breeding, a Weepingbel in Platinum. My only failure was a SD Graveler in Diamond.

Boss Doggie

waJVNfv.jpg

Goodra and Noivern hype, though Audino is random.

Since we're talking about Ash-Greninja being in the games, I always thought how they could work is each Kalos Starter could have a "Bond Evolution" that's generic looking enough that it could basically work for all future protagonists, one for male and one for female. Like if you change a few features about Ash-Greninja, it wouldn't feel too odd being used alongside any of the male PCs honestly, and you could change it up slightly for the girls.

I had the idea that it could be done through a new move called like "Bond Strike", that your Starter would learn during the game though any other Kalos Starter you got would need you to max happiness first to learn it. Bond Strike would basically be identical to Return, except with it you could "Bond Evolve".

Perhaps for balance, the Bond Mega Kalos Starters would only receive a 50 pt. stat increase, and have their Hidden Ability as default, to make up for the fact they could still hold an item unlike the other Mega Starters.

the proper balance is that if you Bond Evolve and lose, you wipe out.

JoeM86

ok, fine, nostalgia is sometimes worth it if we get this

Hitoshi Ariga has really captured the style from the games :)

Just think its peculiar that we still don't know about it, is all.

Just a reminder that it was 20 months between Diamond & Pearl launch and Platinum reveal and 17 months between Black & White release and Black 2 & White 2 reveal. We're currently at just over 14 months since ORAS.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I think they're either holding back the announcement to coincide with the anniversary (daft, but whatever), they've hit development problems with it... or it isn't coming at all.

If Pokémon Day comes and goes with no announcements, and if we do get a Gen VII Pokémon turning up in the movie, I start to lean towards Go being the priority this year, and Z having been put on the bricks.

I don't think Go will replace a main Pokemon game, but I do think NX could delay it. Especially if the mobile portion is rumored to release first (and this year) then I see Pokemon Z releasing with it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hitoshi Ariga has really captured the style from the games :)

Just a reminder that it was 20 months between Diamond & Pearl launch and Platinum reveal and 17 months between Black & White release and Black 2 & White 2 reveal. We're currently at just over 14 months since ORAS.

The remakes coming first make those comparisons matter less. How many months between R/S and E is the one to pay attention to in this case.

Top Bottom