• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Hey, Don't really play Pokemon anymore but I love a Mew, so would appreciate a code if anyone has a spare.

I should still have a few Diancie's (gamestop) and a couple of shaymin (scrap), that I would be happy to trade if their isn't any schedule problems.

Thanks.

EDIT: and not that I'm saying it should count for anything, but I did give around 50+ Diancie codes and 8 redeemed Shaymin's to Pokemon-GAF, during their respective events.

Chase17

I've given up on the mew dream. Darn retail events *shakes hand angrily*

At least most of the mythical events will be done through wifi.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I caught up with Pokémon XY&Z animé, it was okay and I will probably carry on with it.

I think we may see the speculated gen 6.5. A sequel to X and Y, with a new kalos area with a few new undiscovered mons. Some thing like 10 - 15. They did say they want to keep surprising us with what they do next, and the game has taken an odd amount of time for just an enhanced version. Really though, a few new Megas, an new area or two, and a few new mons is all I want. I really doubt gen 7 is happening, they need the swan song version what is so far the best gen first.

Personally I regard Gen 6 as the most disappointing gen ever as it was not what I wanted from a Pokémon game. But despite that I am still hyped for "Pokémon Z" as I need ma Pokémon fix.

Anyway if you feel that gen 6 is the best gen ever then that is fine. :)

I don't think we need a friggen Gen war in this thread.

In a million years time historian will look back to see what the cause of World War 3 aka the great gen wars.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
why people expected something different (i.e. an announcement) aside from the ad being shorter I have no idea.

Magni

Posted before when the events were announced, but living in Japan with a US 3DS/X/AS, I'm outta luck when it comes to retail events, right? Japanese events don't work with my 3DS, and I can't take a flight just for a Mew...

Unless someone has a spare code? <3

ash_ag

New interview featuring Masanobu Endo (creator of Xevious), Satoshi Tajiri and Ken Sugimori. Unsurprisingly, they are discussing Xevious and how it affected Game Freak. From what I can gather, Xevious is one of the games that left the biggest impact on Tajiri, and had it not been for it, Quinty (and thereby Pokémon) wouldn't exist. From machine translations, there doesn't seem to be many Pokémon-related stuff, but Tajiri interviews are incredibly rare to begin with, so there may be some interesting insight in here.

JoeM86

New interview featuring Masanobu Endo (creator of Xevious), Satoshi Tajiri and Ken Sugimori. Unsurprisingly, they are discussing Xevious and how it affected Game Freak. From what I can gather, Xevious is one of the games that left the biggest impact on Tajiri, and had it not been for it, Quinty (and thereby Pokémon) wouldn't exist. From machine translations, there doesn't seem to be many Pokémon-related stuff, but Tajiri interviews are incredibly rare to begin with, so there may be some interesting insight in here.

Holy crap. We very rarely see Satoshi Tajiri.

Will look into it and see if I can find anything.

whoa nice find

Anyone got a spare CNY Infernape? Didn't realise code worked across regions and only just learned the distribution ended. Call me a sad a monkey.

Salaadin

So are Mew codes hard to come by in store? I see the promo is until the end of the month...

I still have the urge to play a pokemon game but I still can't get X to work on my 3DS and have given up on that. Was going to grab OR on lunch today but I don't like going to gamestop unless I have to. A Mew code will force me..

Hegarol

So are Mew codes hard to come by in store? I see the promo is until the end of the month...

I still have the urge to play a pokemon game but I still can't get X to work on my 3DS and have given up on that. Was going to grab OR on lunch today but I don't like going to gamestop unless I have to. A Mew code will force me..
Whats the problem with X?

Salaadin

Whats the problem with X?
Freezing on load screens. No idea what's causing it. It's been going on since I cleared my old save and started fresh back in November. Every couple of weeks, I try trouble shooting some more but I'm at the point where I'm just repeating the same stuff over and over.

Billyman

Neo Member
He isn't wrong.

I mean I probably enjoyed Red and Gold more at time of release given I was a kid, but XY are the best Pokemon games today imo.
Gen VI is the best gen in terms of breeding, battling, and online play. But it lacks in every other department

Billyman

Neo Member
I don't think we're getting a new Gen VII Pokemon soon. We still have Z coming which will have new Mega's that need to be unveiled

I don't think we're getting a new Gen VII Pokemon soon. We still have Z coming which will have new Mega's that need to be unveiled
I'd agree... were it not for the odd way they've been handling the promotion for the movie this year.

Generally speaking, the movies have their full titles revealed in January or February, after the Mythical Pokémon starring in the movie has been revealed. This year, as was the case last year, the movie's just being promoted with a generic placeholder "Pokémon XY&Z The Movie 2016!" title, without the full title having been revealed yet.

However, this year it's slightly different. Volcanion, the last Mythical of the generation and the apparent star of the movie, has already been revealed- indeed, he was shown off for the first time when the movie was announced back in December. However, we still don't have even a partial title for the movie- if Volcanion was indeed the main reveal for the movie, then you'd have thought the title could have been revealed at the same time it was. Last year, for example, "Pokémon XY The Movie 2015" became "The Archdjinn of Rings- Hoopa!" as soon as Hoopa was officially revealed. We have our Mythical- why don't we have the title?

There is precedent for this- back when Gen V was drawing to a close, they revealed Genesect notably early and had it present and correct at the first reveal of the movie. This served to obfuscate the big new reveal for the movie- Mega Mewtwo Y, which served as both a return for one of the icons of Pokémon, and the first ever introduction of the concept of Mega Evolution to the franchise. They haven't really treated any big Mega Evolutions in the same way since- Mega Latias, Mega Latios and Mega Diancie were given muted, tossed-off reveals, rather than being deliberately kept a mystery and hyped up as a world-changing new reveal a month in advance.

The way I see it, the big reveal's pretty bloody likely to be one of two things, given the level of hyperbole- a whole new concept for the franchise on the level of Mega Evolution (the language being used here is pretty similar to the language that the magazine was using when promoting the reveal of the Mega Evolution concept), or the start of a new generation of Pokémon, whether a game featuring them is forthcoming or not. Given all this, and the whole mystery around the title of the movie... I'm slightly leaning towards it being a new Pokémon reveal. It's not a certainty, but it all fits quite nicely.

Of course, Coro Coro could just be blowing smoke over the importance of its reveal, but I'd be a little surprised. They tend to be quite good at avoiding overhype.
Don't set yourselves up like this, and you won't have to make a disappointed post when nothing happens :p
Eh. I'm not getting myself overhyped or anything- just drawing conclusions from the evidence in front of me. If it's wrong, so be it.

Skimming through Pokken's patch notes.

Biggest winner's Charizard, followed by Blaziken and Lucario.. Most characters got more buffs than nerfs though.

Biggest (only?) losers are Gengar and Machamp, along with Jirachi and Emolga

Goes with what we saw at that tournament I guess.

JoeM86

I think we're more likely to see a new Mega than a new Pokémon.

My money is on Mega Mew

Note: the above is speculation and not indicative of insider knowledge

Don't set yourselves up like this, and you won't have to make a disappointed post when nothing happens :p

CoroCoro always delivers. It's fine to hype yourself when there's reason to, not the way others have been the last year.

My money is on Mega Mew

Note: the above is speculation and not indicative of insider knowledge

Would they already be giving Mew away if they were planning on distributing its Mega later this year, though?

My money is on Mega Mew

It's time for the best sprite to be reborn

Spr_1g_151.png

CoroCoro always delivers. It's fine to hype yourself when there's reason to, not the way others have been the last year.
Well,I was more thinking of "don't expect anything specific, and be delighted by what eventually comes" - I'm always hype for new Pokemon stuff, especially when CoroCoro drops :)

Top Bottom