• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

JoeM86

The remakes coming first make those comparisons matter less. How many months between R/S and E is the one to pay attention to in this case.

You're misunderstanding the point of comparison. It's from one game to the next, not from main game to enhanced.

Pokémon on NX will happen eventually. Imagine those graphics.

MVeBPtf.png
75WS4Rh.png
VrKVmFJ.png
4ptrb7p.png
t9yCCER.png

Qurupeke

If nothing is announced in Feb-March, the ship has sailed. 7th gen is next. CoroCoro leaks should be out any moment though.

JoeM86

If nothing is announced in Feb-March, the ship has sailed. 7th gen is next. CoroCoro leaks should be out any moment though.

Why? Emerald was revealed in July for September launch.

It's also almost a week too early for CoroCoro leaks. Friday is the most likely day

ash_ag

I'd say February/March should rather be considered hot months for case of Gen 7. If it's to release this year, they can't take much longer. The upcoming CoroCoro may be determinant on what's bound to happen. We're getting "world affecting" news or whatever for the movie, meaning the real star will likely be introduced. Will it be a new Pokémon, a new Mega, or a new form? That may give a good hint on what the next game is going to be.

JoeM86

I'd say the chance of us getting Gen 7 are still ridiculously slim to none.

There is way too much evidence that can't be ignored for a new Generation 6 game.

Could we get a new Pokémon revealed this month? Yeah, we could as it happens. Does it mean Generation 7 this year? No.

Qurupeke

I'd say the chance of us getting Gen 7 are still ridiculously slim to none.

There is way too much evidence that can't be ignored for a new Generation 6 game.

Could we get a new Pokémon revealed this month? Yeah, we could as it happens. Does it mean Generation 7 this year? No.

And this is exactly what seems fishy. All of these hints on Z are out for months. We even have an anime show called XY & Z. And yet, still nothing, not even a namedrop. This could happen as in Emerald, as you said, but I'd still not get what they were trying to do.

And yeah, you're right about CoroCoro. I'm pretty sure these world news are about a game.

JoeM86

And this is exactly what seems fishy. All of these hints on Z are out for months. We even have an anime show called XY & Z. And yet, still nothing, not even a namedrop. This could happen as in Emerald, as you said, but I'd still not get what they were trying to do.

And yeah, you're right about CoroCoro. I'm pretty sure these world news are about a game.

I believe it's a new form of marketing in order to get a mystery and get people talking, which it has been. It's a good way of keeping interest without the game having a massive reveal to release period, especially in this age of Yo-kai Watch.

ash_ag

The upcoming period is admittedly busy. With Pokkén and GO soon being the focus as active events, the whole 20th Anniversary being celebrated with monthly distributions and releases, and even Detective Pikachu seemingly being the start of a new series, it might be a bit hard to have Gen 7 coverage along with all that. And then you have the recent rumors of the next-gen handheld indeed releasing in 2016.

A lot of the things that were discussed months ago are still true. Zygarde and Kalos are getting real old, real fast, and the metagame and ecosystem are in desperate need for a revitalization. However, I have to admit that a solution other than Gen 7 is becoming more and more probable as they slowly reveal their other plans. Unless they somehow skip Holidays 2016 and pull a BW in March 2017, it seems a Gen 6 game is more likely. And they can't do that without the fandom imploding on itself, so... :p

I guess we'll see. 'Z' won't be enough after all this time, but I take it they'll stay true to their pattern of being unexpected and do something new even without introducing a new generation.

JoeM86

The upcoming period is admittedly busy. With Pokkén and GO soon being the focus as active events, the whole 20th Anniversary being celebrated with monthly distributions and releases, and even Detective Pikachu seemingly being the start of a new series, it might be a bit hard to have Gen 7 coverage along with all that. And then you have the recent rumors of the next-gen handheld indeed releasing in 2016.

A lot of the things that were discussed months ago are still true. Zygarde and Kalos are getting real old, real fast, and the metagame and ecosystem are in desperate need for a revitalization. However, I have to admit that a solution other than Gen 7 is becoming more and more probable as they slowly reveal their other plans. Unless they somehow skip Holidays 2016 and pull a BW in March 2017, it seems a Gen 6 game is more likely. And they can't do that without the fandom imploding on itself, so... :p

I guess we'll see. 'Z' won't be enough after all this time, but I take it they'll stay true to their pattern of being unexpected and do something new even without introducing a new generation.

To be fair, BW was in March in the west. Due to no localisation times, we should always consider the initial launches as tentpoles for game launches.

I'm not talking about Gen VII releasing this year, for the record.

If Z isn't happening, I don't expect any mainline game this year.

Indeed, which would be 2 calendar years without any mainline games, which is just not going to happen.

After playing Digimon Cyber Sleuth I'm going to cry if Gen VII doesn't bring back Pokemon following you. Take the walk and run animations from Super Mystery Dungeon, I don't care!
I also hope the overworld isn't Chibi in Gen VII, battles and the overworld should use the same models and on the next gen hardware that shouldn't be a problem.

In Gen 7 gamefreak needs to settle on one style of 3d model for characters.

I think the overworld is chibi mainly for performance and resolution reasons, performance because the battle scene models for Pokemon and humans are pretty high poly, and resolution because they wanted the details to still come out of the models even though the screen is small and 240p and the camera is kinda far back.
I'm sure Gen VII on NX will use the same models in the battles and overworld.
Like Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth

I also hope you and enemy trainers are visible when picking moves like in Colosseum and XD
and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth

Is there anyone who is translating the Game Freak Facebook page's Pokemon posts? It seems like they are talking about Pokemon from the original 151 with developers behind the game and we're missing out on some good stuff. I notice them talking about Eevee and why it didn't evolve with the Leaf Stone, but my Japanese isn't good enough to understand the whole thing.

Is there anyone who is translating the Game Freak Facebook page's Pokemon posts? It seems like they are talking about Pokemon from the original 151 with developers behind the game and we're missing out on some good stuff. I notice them talking about Eevee and why it didn't evolve with the Leaf Stone, but my Japanese isn't good enough to understand the whole thing.
Aw man, I didn't know about this, someone should really translate those!
Detective Pikachu is gen VII.

Detective Pikachu will be Pikachu's Mega in Gen VII

Makes me wonder what kind of announcement could make people meltdown. Must be something really out of the left field...

Still having a hard time what would be megatons.

Makes me wonder what kind of announcement could make people meltdown. Must be something really out of the left field...

Still having a hard time what would be megatons.

Maybe if they finally went mad and did that game people always claim would be amazing with like 7 regions and 60 gym leaders and what not.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I think we may see the speculated gen 6.5. A sequel to X and Y, with a new kalos area with a few new undiscovered mons. Some thing like 10 - 15. They did say they want to keep surprising us with what they do next, and the game has taken an odd amount of time for just an enhanced version. Really though, a few new Megas, an new area or two, and a few new mons is all I want. I really doubt gen 7 is happening, they need the swan song version what is so far the best gen first.

I think we may see the speculated gen 6.5. A sequel to X and Y, with a new kalos area with a few new undiscovered mons. Some thing like 10 - 15. They did say they want to keep surprising us with what they do next, and the game has taken an odd amount of time for just an enhanced version. Really though, a few new Megas, an new area or two, and a few new mons is all I want. I really doubt gen 7 is happening, they need the swan song version what is so far the best gen first.

Or maybe Gen VII is actually a crossover. :p

GoldStarz

Did you really just call Gen VI 'the best gen so far'?

Did you really just call Gen VI 'the best gen so far'?

I don't see what's wrong with that opinion. I think from a gameplay a graphics standpoint it's easily the best generation, but Black and White is still my favorite game in the series (With ORAS behind it).
I don't think we need a friggen Gen war in this thread.

Chase17

I don't think we need a friggen Gen war in this thread.

I dream of a world where all gens can peacefully coexist. Fortunately it's never really a problem in this thread.

Druddigon could use a mega. I hope the eventual Hydreigon mega gets a fourth head, even if it makes no sense.

I dream of a world where all gens can peacefully coexist. Fortunately it's never really a problem in this thread.

Druddigon could use a mega. I hope the eventual Hydreigon mega gets a fourth head, even if it makes no sense.
Haters gonna hate. That is the law of the Internet.
A Mega for Druddigon would be nice, but he's one of the few Pokemon I'd rather get an actual evolution first.
Do you guys think customization will be back in genvii or will they really stick that feature to kalos?
Hopefully they'll keep it, the reaction to it was overwhelmingly positive and they heard the big backlash from its absence in ORAS. I'd say it has more than a 50/50 chance of making it into Gen VII, maybe like 80/20.

Haters gonna hate. That is the law of the Internet.
A Mega for Druddigon would be nice, but he's one of the few Pokemon I'd rather get an actual evolution first.

Hopefully they'll keep it, the reaction to it was overwhelmingly positive and they heard the big backlash from its absence in ORAS. I'd say it has more than a 50/50 chance of making it into Gen VII
That backlash was well deserved too lol. The reason they gave was so stupid. Hopefully its back. Go all out with gen vii!

*pokemon following you
*customization
+different modes of transportation(i know people hated them but i loved them skates)
*A nice big region,colorful, beautiful no heavu reliance on one thing.
*100 Pokemon minimum.

That backlash was well deserved too lol. The reason they gave was so stupid. Hopefully its back. Go all out with gen vii!

*pokemon following you
*customization
+different modes of transportation(i know people hated them but i loved them skates)
*A nice big region,colorful, beautiful no heavu reliance on one thing.
*100 Pokemon minimum.

I agree with all of this, though I honestly don't care about different modes of transportation, Running Shoes and a Bike are all I really need, anything else is just icing. Though I want Soaring to return, that shit is just too cool.
I hope that when you start the game they give you some basic customization on your trainer's actual features, like have a few head shapes, eyes and noses to pick from, maybe even let you fiddle with the height and width of your character a little bit.

I'm curious to see how many Pokemon we get next Gen, even numbered gens tend to have the fewest new Pokemon, while odd numbered tend to have a lot. If the continue to follow that trend we could see something in the range of 120-150, maybe a little lower or higher.

First episode of the XYZ dub is titled "From A to Z!". Pokemon A/Z confirmed
:p

The Gen 6.5 idea is interesting, though I don't think they'll do it. If it was happening, TPC would of held off doing the XYZ anime until the games were revealed so they could showcase the new Pokemon and make it the big draw.

I agree with all of this, though I honestly don't care about different modes of transportation, Running Shoes and a Bike are all I really need, anything else is just icing. Though I want Soaring to return, that shit is just too cool.
I hope that when you start the game they give you some basic customization on your trainer's actual features, like have a few head shapes, eyes and noses to pick from, maybe even let you fiddle with the height and width of your character a little bit.

I'm curious to see how many Pokemon we get next Gen, even numbered gens tend to have the fewest new Pokemon, while odd numbered tend to have a lot. If the continue to follow that trend we could see something in the range of 120-150, maybe a little lower or higher.
Gamefreak- "we thought it'd be best soaring stayed in hoenn as a special thing for latios and latias please understand"

As far as Pokemon go as long as theres more than kalos I'll be fine that's why i said minimum 100 because i know they still have to make megaevolutions too.

Customization i agree 100% with what u said

Top Bottom