• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

JoeM86

Where is all of these mega Poké speculation coming from? I thought the Coro-coro thing was related to the movie.

Movies are often the source of revelations of new Pokémon and new forms for Legendary & Mythical Pokémon.

For example, revealed for or by movies

Lugia
Latios
Latias
Wynaut
Volbeat
Duskull
Jirachi
Deoxys
Deoxys Attack Forme
Deoxys Defense Forme
Munchlax
Lucario
Weavile
Mime Jr.
Bonsly
Mantyke
Buizel
Chatot
Manaphy
Darkrai
Giratina Origin Forme
Shaymin
Shaymin Sky Forme
Arceus
Zorua
Zoroark
Victini
Keldeo
Black Kyurem (revealed for the movie just minutes before Black 2 & White 2)
White Kyurem (revealed for the movie just minutes before Black 2 & White 2)
Meloetta
Genesect
Mega Mewtwo Y
Sylveon
Diancie
Mega Diancie
Hoopa
Hoopa Unbound
Volcanion

All this movie talk reminds me- I hope we're getting another Pikachu short with next year's movie. I've enjoyed their reemergence over the past few years, and it'd be a shame to lose them again.

Where is all of these mega Poké speculation coming from? I thought the Coro-coro thing was related to the movie.
No matter what the reveal is, it's very unlikely they'll have any game to explicitly tie it in to by the time the leak comes around. It'll be a movie reveal in the same way that Perfect Zygarde or Mega Greninja were anime reveals.

The movies have functioned as platforms to show off new Pokémon and formes right from the start, and the absence of a title and the various teases that a new design is coming from the merchandise leads us to think that this may be exactly what we have here.

For example, revealed for or by movies

I'm curious- I obviously wasn't following the promotion of the series right back at its roots, but were Marill, Snubbull, Donphan, Elekid, Bellossom, Ledyba, Hoothoot and Slowking first revealed for their appearances in the first two movies and Pikachu shorts, or were they known about beforehand? I don't really have a handle on how they hyped up Gen II back in the day.

Also, don't forget Wailmer and Azurill!

Kyzer

Banned
Went to gs, they said they didn't have any mews. Then as I was browsing the store they came up to me and said they found one and handed it to me!

JoeM86

I'm curious- I obviously wasn't following the promotion of the series right back at its roots, but were Marill, Snubbull, Donphan, Elekid, Bellossom, Ledyba, Hoothoot and Slowking first revealed for their appearances in the first two movies and Pikachu shorts, or were they known about beforehand? I don't really have a handle on how they hyped up Gen II back in the day.

Also, don't forget Wailmer and Azurill!

I'm unsure about the Gen 2 ones so I didn't put them in. I think some were revealed for Pokémon 2 before being in the movie, but it was before my time.

Wailmer, Kecleon and Azurill were revealed at a GameBoy Advance reveal event when Pokémon RS were revealed back in March 2001. It was after that they were confirmed for the movie

Kyzer

Banned
Think there's any hope for a Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum U/Nx? I know graphics are already 3D but...something with crazy graphics would be cool, and amiibo support would be a plus. Speaking of which I wonder if Z will support amiibo somehow
I'm unsure about the Gen 2 ones so I didn't put them in. I think some were revealed for Pokémon 2 before being in the movie, but it was before my time.

Wailmer, Kecleon and Azurill were revealed at a GameBoy Advance reveal event when Pokémon RS were revealed back in March 2001. It was after that they were confirmed for the movie

Hehe I remember being a little kid nerdgasming over RS screenshots on serebii. Seeing footprints in the sand, reflections in the water, and duskull and sharpedo. Getting in trouble for sleeping over a friends house without asking first :l

RS and the GBA were the first time i decided I needed to always get the Nintendo handheld over other consoles for whatever Pokemon would come out on it

Think there's any hope for a Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum U/Nx? I know graphics are already 3D but...something with crazy graphics would be cool, and amiibo support would be a plus. Speaking of which I wonder if Z will support amiibo somehow

If NX works like many think you should just be able to play Gen VII on the console anyways.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Gen VI is the best gen in terms of breeding, battling, and online play. But it lacks in every other department

Agreed, it's clear that Game Freak focused more on the meta game, Pokémon 3D model and refining the game mechanics.

Which is why I am hoping that "Pokémon Z" will make up for that.

Don't set yourselves up like this, and you won't have to make a disappointed post when nothing happens :p

Nah I man my hype level is sky high nothing can bring it down.

I hope it is. I still want that special Floette

I hope that AZ Floette is given to you in "Pokémon Z" rather than an event Pokémon as I was thinking of using it on my team.

Went to gs, they said they didn't have any mews. Then as I was browsing the store they came up to me and said they found one and handed it to me!

They must have found it under the truck. ;p

Black Kyurem/White Kyurem is one aspect the cartoon got better.
Screw fusions.

Nah man, the animé completely misses the point of Kyurem and his Black/White form.

Think there's any hope for a Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum U/Nx? I know graphics are already 3D but...something with crazy graphics would be cool, and amiibo support would be a plus.

I think with the main series going 3D the stadium games are pointless, since all they offer is a better graphic and HD model for the Pokémon.

And beside Pokkén Tournament seems to been slotting into that gap, though I wonder how the story mode will be done as I do not want tons of texts, fight, then more tons of text, now fight this guy with more tons of text after.

Speaking of which I wonder if Z will support amiibo somehow

Probably not as what will amiibo offer to the main games?

If NX works like many think you should just be able to play Gen VII on the console anyways.

Assuming that Game Freak will allow that option.

Kyzer

Banned
Probably not as what will amiibo offer to the main games?
tumblr_n232peDJVF1rpn9eno1_500.gif

Chase17

Scan your Charizard amiibo to get a new Charizard!

Soon catching Pokémon will be a thing of the past. Just gotta scan that amiibo!

(not that anyone actually catches Charizard being a starter and all).

Firestorm

Pokemon Y was the most fun I've had with single player Pokemon since Pokemon Pearl. HGSS, BW, BW2, and ORAS were a chore to finish. People can have different opinions.

Pokemon Y was the most fun I've had with single player Pokemon since Pokemon Pearl. HGSS, BW, BW2, and ORAS were a chore to finish. People can have different opinions.
XY is my favorite single player Pokemon game actually, certain haters on GAF be damned. I kinda liked ORAS too but it didn't hook me the way XY did (on both playthroughs).

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
HERE WE GO!!!
Theres no hype like Pokemon hype!
Edit: Do you know the meaning of the name joe, like what it may be based on?

At this point the fanartists would probably have done a lot of art for the new Pokémon. They tend to work fast.

Ask Zoroark about it. :p (I want them to reveal faster!) The new Pokémon want is real.

WPS

Did we know about Munchlax and Bonsly prior to Emerald? I vaguely recall that we did.

Z ain't dead yet...

Anyway, my guess for this thing is that its a grass fairy type. I reminds me a lot of Floette, Mega Gardevoir and Lilligant from its shape.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Did we know about Munchlax and Bonsly prior to Emerald? I vaguely recall that we did.

Z ain't dead yet...

Anyway, my guess for this thing is that its a grass fairy type. I reminds me a lot of Floette, Mega Gardevoir and Lilligant from its shape.

anime

WPS

OK. I was more wondering if their first appearances pre-dated the announcement for emerald, which as far as I can tell, from a brief google search and a cursory glance through serebii's archives, they did.

Z not unconfirmed yet.

Chase17

*shoves Volcanion out the door*

Gen VII hype! Can't wait to see the reveal. I still feel like Z is coming though.

My anticipation for Pokémon day is through the roof!

Edit: kind of thought it was Serena/Delphox when first looking at the image lol.

Top Bottom