• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

A little over 90 episodes of XY and then however many episodes XYZ is going to be... I might be able to get caught up by the time the Gen VII anime starts, lol.

Chase17

A little over 90 episodes of XY and then however many episodes XYZ is going to be... I might be able to get caught up by the time the Gen VII anime starts, lol.
That's my goal. It helps that I've been really enjoying the show.

I'm glad Chespin has adopted the Psyduck pop out of the Pokéball whenever it wants trait.

I don't get this logic. Wouldn't them adding exclusive content to the remakes that can't interface with the games directly before them imply that they ARE willing to put stuff into the games without waiting for the next generation?

There is a big difference between new formes, and a whole new Pokémon. New Pokémon formes have been introduced in the middle of a generation ever since the concept existed, it's just that Mega Evolution has made the practice more widespread now.

Well, if GF had hypothetically developed this game with Magiana as "Z" and it was always a Gen 6 game, where they decided to go from there would have very little do with any of these other things you're mentioning. They certainly wouldn't decide to scrap or refrain from releasing the game based on arbitrary patterns or when the next gen was coming out. (Not that we actually know gen 7 is coming next year anyways), and I doubt they would agree that they need a reason "to bother" just because there would be that eventual next gen.

We have tangible evidence of stuff that Game Freak was planning for Z- Zygarde's extra moves, for example, and Eternal Floette. I'm not sure why they'd plan ahead to Z that much, and yet not programme in a whole new Pokémon for the sake of compatibility.

Gen VII next year has been an extremely good bet for a long time- it would put Gen VI at the top end of generation lengths, it fits nicely with the pace of the Pokémon reveals that they've going for for the past few years, and it'd be a prompt step-up to the next platform after the delay on getting to the 3DS. I'm not dead-set against the concept of a Gen 6.5 with new Pokémon in it- hell, I was predicting that last summer when we thought that Z was imminently to be revealed and we didn't have a clue what Zygarde Core actually was- but the timescales simply don't fit any more, IMO.

Its not that baffling to think people still think its gen 6, considering its what we were all still expecting leading up to the reveal. There is still a clear gap for a XY sequel/third version. That's the whole reason we're even speculating, really. Basically, the evidence that its not gen 7 was piling up before the pokemon was even revealed. We've been expecting Z since XY!

It's not like we haven't had future Pokémon revealed before a third version before- Munchlax was revealed before Emerald, and there was a whole swathe of Gen II Pokémon revealed before Yellow came out. Magiana being a Gen VII Pokémon would in no way deconfirm Z.

But who knows.

Maybe itll be a new gen like GSC where its a direct sequel?
Hell, that's distinctly possible- might be a half-decent way of threading the needle with the new Zygarde formes?

I don't honestly have any idea what they're doing with the series going forward, truth told, but Occam's Razor applies in a big way here. If it looks like the start of a new generation of reveals, and acts like the start of a new generation of reveals, it's probably a new generation of reveals.

What's Oshawot syndrome? Haven't watched Best Wishes.

Eating all the food? Or falling in love with every female Pokémon?
Dont watch best wishes lol.

Yes all of the above. Which is fine but no battles either,barley any focus episodes(oshawott also had a ton of these hence why chespin is worst). In fact clemont period kind of falls off that's my only gripe so far.

Garuroh

Hmm!

I'm more inclined to think this is a movie tie-in, personally- as he says in the article, Steam in itself represents a change in format for the naming for the seasons, and you'd think that they'd lead off with Zygarde if it was a Z tie-in.

Interesting, though!

Still, the "Gear" part makes me think Magiana is actually a gen VI Pokemon. If it releases as a TCG set or is related to the games.

Still, the "Gear" part makes me think Magiana is actually a gen VI Pokemon. If it releases as a TCG set or is related to the games.

There's no confirmation that that's what this is, though. It's not an announcement of a release, it's a very broad designation.

It could be because it's in the games, or because it's in the TCG... or simply because it's a big new reveal in the franchise and they want to tie the league season to it. Anything past that is just speculation.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
early XY filler has that but later on I feel like they're good

the only filler I honestly didn't enjoy is the Meowstic brothers

Chase17

early XY filler has that but later on I feel like they're good

the only filler I honestly didn't enjoy is the Meowstic brothers
Yeah. I've enjoyed a lot of the filler.

Nice to see Kanto starters get added to Super Mario Maker. Red will probably win the splatfest. Makes me happy to see that Nintendo all around is celebrating the anniversary.

Nice to see Kanto starters get added to Super Mario Maker. Red will probably win the splatfest. Makes me happy to see that Nintendo all around is celebrating the anniversary.

yeah it's nice to see the pokemon company are more willing to let nintendo so stuff for the anniversary

but man i can't get out of my mind what's going to happen on pokemon day, some thing BIG has to happen and the VC re-releases isn't enough

Boss Doggie

yeah one of my favorite filler in XY (XYZ) is the litleo episode

very little dialog, the focus is litleo than Ash and co., and it was putting the pokemon in a rather dangerous situation

Boss Doggie

so uh, PokemonJP tweet showed this

CbAKGK1UkAEWXj-.jpg:large

Chase17

Now that Pokémon is spreading into other Nintendo games, there is only one thing that can be next.

Aegislash as a playable unit in Fire Emblem Fates.

Boss Doggie

Okay, so I started watching the XY anime, at what point do I watch each movie and the Mega Evolution specials?

Mega Evolution I came out after XY21, II came out after XY49, III came out after XY64, and IV came out after XY93.

Diancie Movie came out after XY35 (just after Hawlucha catch) and Hoopa movie came out after XY81 (just after the Rotom ep). Though honestly catches aside it wouldn't amtter.

Generally speaking for ME specials, you can watch them without following when they aired, as long as you watch them in order, and you watch I-III before XY92. MEIV should be watched after XY93 and it also immediately bridges into XYZ01.

Mega Evolution I came out after XY21, II came out after XY49, III came out after XY64, and IV came out after XY93.

Diancie Movie came out after XY35 (just after Hawlucha catch) and Hoopa movie came out after XY81 (just after the Rotom ep). Though honestly catches aside it wouldn't amtter.

Generally speaking for ME specials, you can watch them without following when they aired, as long as you watch them in order, and you watch I-III before XY92. MEIV should be watched after XY93 and it also immediately bridges into XYZ01.

Bookmarking this post, thanks. I'll watch all the Mega Evolution specials one after another then.

Chase17

Made it to the Serena redesign episode. Caught me off guard since I didn't think that was happening until XYZ for some reason.

Ash better sweep Clemont, unless Clemont does some serious leveling up before their battle.

well now I'm looking forward to this more lol

Sweet, I was hoping for a single player. Would be amazing if there was a small campaign mode (extremely unlikely though). Even if it's just an arcade mode that would be good too.
Here's the quip from Joe's site:
It is also said that Shadow Mewtwo storms the 1 Player Mode, Ferrum League. It questions what Shadow Mewtwo's objective is and its relation to the mysterious girl
It does sound like a small campaign mode TBH.

I'm not sure if we have a general Pokken thread or not, but I think its fine to post here.

For anyone else who likes to go after preorder swag, Target has some really neat cards for Pokken Preorders.

fO9HTZb.jpg

Target's cards are always plastic which is much nicer than the paper ones other stores use and are a bit more collectible to me lol. But the full card artwork is nice; most of the time it's just a solid color/pattern and the logo.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Japanese Girl Next Door thread in OT...

Is this the same "Becky" that used to be part of Pokemon Sunday? She was like the proto-Shoko Nakagawa, as she voiced a couple movie characters like the Metagross girl in Deoxys and Kid Summers in Lucario---she's "technically" in Diamond and Pearl too since her Deoxys Movie character appears as an NPC.

Top Bottom