• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ff9ca04.gif

RIP any Mega not called Mega Mom or Sala. Mega Fug and Mawile are barely holding on to their seats at the top table, one dude is keeping them alive.

surprised at Liligant

also lmao at Kyurem White being just text

Firestorm

I thought it was JoeyAIM and Verlisify? I wouldn't quite consider them "VGC community" though they're prominent Pokemon YouTubers. Maybe I missed something else.

JoeM86

I thought it was JoeyAIM and Verlisify? I wouldn't quite consider them "VGC community" though they're prominent Pokemon YouTubers. Maybe I missed something else.

I'm talking the reaction from everyone else about the whole thing. My Twitter feed was filled, as were many other people's. People jumped in and so forth.

Nightbird

ff9ca04.gif

RIP any Mega not called Mega Mom or Sala. Mega Fug and Mawile are barely holding on to their seats at the top table, one dude is keeping them alive.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is exactly what I expected to happen lol
Nothings gonna change, there will always be that one combination that everyone is rocking.

Mr-Joker

Banned
1455553923971.png

ff9ca04.gif

Man look at all that originality. ¬_¬;

Though seeing Smeargle making it to the top tier just makes me laugh.

Mr-Joker

Banned

I have no idea what I just watched but I liked it.

Smeargle is considered one of the most annoying and biggest problems in the tier. Dark Void is OP

Yeah that's what makes it funny as Smeargle on his own isn't a threat but Smeargle with Dark Void and holy heck he is OP as fuck.

Just goes to show you that with the right move and ability any Pokémon could potentially be a threat.

I have no idea what I just watched but I liked it.

Yeah that's what makes it funny as Smeargle on his own isn't a threat but Smeargle with Dark Void and holy heck he is OP as fuck.

Just goes to show you that with the right move and ability any Pokémon could potentially be a threat.

Well, Smeargle actually does have other niches as well. Its useless on offence, but being able to learn every move makes it the ultimate support pokemon. For example, another important thing for focus sash smeargle is that it's the ONLY Pokemon that can learn both follow me and fake out.

Nightbird

I just find fun ways to play. I know they'll probably not win, but it's fun.

Crazy strategies are what I do best :D

Wich should be the way everyone plays.

But, to be fair, I do understand that when the stakes are high, it's easier to go with the winning combination.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Pokémon the Series XYZ dub trailer.

Contains a snatch of the theme song, which- surprise!- sounds terrible, particularly considering the original.

"Gotta catch them all"...man they really are going full steam in trying to appeal to the gen 1 crowd, though I doubt that they would still or feel the need to watch the animé.

And yeah the dub theme songs, not that I like the current Japanese any better.

Though I did like the one they had during the last season of X and Y.

New themes :)

steven.jpg
heroine.jpg

Serena looks erm odd. o_O;

Chase17

I'm still surprised Steven hasn't gotten a Nendoroid yet.
Yeah, I'd think he's probably next on deck for the not Red/blue nendoroids. I wonder who'd they go to after him though, assuming they keep making new nendoroids for Pokémon.

They should make a Zinnia theme so I can have her music on my 3ds home screen.

It's specifically this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNVvda7goG8

...Why does it have more likes than dislikes oh god i am going to do my best to avoid reading the comment section because it has to be a mess.
It's worth reading. I only read a few of the highest rated comments but dear god people have no idea how anything works.

Really is a shame that there's only a few good Youtubers (good quality/ who upload regularly) and almost no streamers for this series outside of "hey watch me look for shinies for hours and if you like this you can also watch paint dry".

Firestorm

I mostly skipped through but it was hilarious. I was wondering how you could make a 19 minute video about such a non-event from 7 months ago. He spent most of it whining about something from five months ago that he still can't get over (and that he's mostly lying about out of paranoia since I was there when it happened and he was 100% in the wrong). It's also insane how worked up people are about Ray having bred from a traded Pokemon. Good thing nicknames don't override real names at Regionals or his commentary would show how much he wasn't lying about his lack of knowledge about some of these things...

JoeM86

I mostly skipped through but it was hilarious. I was wondering how you could make a 19 minute video about such a non-event from 7 months ago. He spent most of it whining about something from five months ago that he still can't get over (and that he's mostly lying about out of paranoia since I was there when it happened and he was 100% in the wrong). It's also insane how worked up people are about Ray having bred from a traded Pokemon. Good thing nicknames don't override real names at Regionals or his commentary would show how much he wasn't lying about his lack of knowledge about some of these things...

Though I'm staying out of it, to play devil's advocate, the rules clearly state that you are responsible for traded Pokémon and so forth. As such, I can understand why people may be annoyed by this. Rules were broken and are continually broken by various players, some of whom are proud and try to justify it. That's not on.

People can do whatever the hell they want with their games, but if they're participating in official tournaments which have rules against using Pokémon manipulated by external devices and/or software, then they're breaking the rules and should be punished accordingly, typically by disqualification from the event.

Until the rules change, that is my stance. Hack if you want, that's your choice, but if you are participating in official events then you need to follow the rules to the letter, not try to justify why it's ok to break them.

I think that is a big part of why people are annoyed and why things blew up the other day. All TPC needs to do is step up their hack check somehow.

Firestorm

Nah I get people annoyed, but like it is a legitimate mistake someone can make. After the Pentagon rule there was a flurry of activity of people asking others for breeding parents. Removing trading reduces a pretty core part of the Pokemon experience that has been there since Day 1. It's just amazing to see the type of people would would likely say share HONY's current series on humanizing prison inmates about how cruel it is to punish so severely call for blood because someone had a Pokemon that inherited the wrong ball .5 years ago.

JoeM86

Nah I get people annoyed, but like it is a legitimate mistake someone can make. After the Pentagon rule there was a flurry of activity of people asking others for breeding parents. Removing trading reduces a pretty core part of the Pokemon experience that has been there since Day 1. It's just amazing to see the type of people would would likely say share HONY's current series on humanizing prison inmates about how cruel it is to punish so severely call for blood because someone had a Pokemon that inherited the wrong ball .5 years ago.

Yeah, blocking trades would be a very extreme thing.

That said, didn't Ray also have a Lure Ball Ludicolo and a Lure Ball Drizzle Politoed at the same competition? https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2aw10w/turns_out_ray_rizzo_used_more_than_just_dream/ It was more than just one ball, that may be part of where the ire came from.

But I digress. Hacking is a definite thing that needs to be dealt with one way or another in the VGC circuit, especially if they want it to be taken seriously as an eSport. Removing IVs isn't the way though. That system needs rejigging so perfect isn't possible, not removed entirely. With how easy it is to control IVs now (which is clearly a way for Game Freak to try and dissuade people from hacking), it shouldn't be too hard to have a system that doesn't require endless hours of biking.

JoeM86

If anyone is getting the N3DS bundle in the US next week, could you do me a favour and screencap the theme in a similar manner to the themes above?

Unsure what theme they're including but as it's different and one SKU to the Japan and Europe themes, I am curious

Top Bottom