• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Kyzer

Banned
If anyone is getting the N3DS bundle in the US next week, could you do me a favour and screencap the theme in a similar manner to the themes above?

Unsure what theme they're including but as it's different and one SKU to the Japan and Europe themes, I am curious

If you don't have it by the time I get it, I will. Gamestop shipping though, who knows.

Firestorm

I'm going to be in Oregon for Regionals when it comes out so won't get it until I'm back home :( Though I guess it's being released on a Saturday so it wouldn't have been delivered to me until then anyway.

Chase17

"The twerp has an M.D.!"

Probably my favorite team rocket quote in the first season. Got a much bigger reaction from me than it probably should have.

JoeM86

it would be cool if we could trade pokemon through a mobile app :O

pokemongo.jpg

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I got to say that so far this 20th Anniversary celebration has been a real letdown compared to the 10th Anniversary one and I hope Nintendo steps it up although that might just be my nostalgia speaking since the 10th Anniversary Journey Across America is still my first and only Pokémon convention I ever been to.

WPS

Found this while aimlessly wandering around Youtube videos I can't read. Really good fan plush/realistic interpretation of Mega Banette, doesn't feel too grimdark but still captures the creepiness of ghost types.

That channel also has some 20th anniversary animations for each type, which are being uploaded almost every day until the 27th (from what I gather).

doesn't feel too grimdark

You're kidding right? It looked like it was filled with human flesh and teeth! I would be genuinely terrified if I saw that thing.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So...the new XY&Z title indicates they're already wrapping up Serena's PokeAthalon arc?

It seems they were fucking around with that for awhile to drag it out, but now it seems like they're suddenly rushing...hmm.....

So...the new XY&Z title indicates they're already wrapping up Serena's PokeAthalon arc?

It seems they were fucking around with that for awhile to drag it out, but now it seems like they're suddenly rushing...hmm.....

eh, really? i felt its been paced well enough
we're not getting filler episodes about it, there hasn't been that many showcases and if anything the sudden push to the end just seems like they need to rush it instead of doing whatever else they wanted to with it

if anything, this might mean we're reaching near the end of xy&z since they are starting to conclude serena's stuff
maybe we'll finally get the 8th gym soon too

Watch Da Birdie

I mean like next week we're getting her final Key it seems and then within a month or so, Master Class.

I mean like next week we're getting her final Key it seems and then within a month or so, Master Class.
Works for me. Her goal didn't seem like something they could draw out long like contests. 3keys and you're in. Add to the fact both of her loses were flukes for the most part especially the first one. I actually think she'll win.

Watch Da Birdie

I miss Contests.The fact they really don't compete against one another directly that much in TriPokathalons sort of bothers me---hopefully in the Master Class we'll see some sort of battle.

Also interested in how they'll explain Serena sticking with Ash after her goal is completed for presumably quite a few months---wonder if there's a possibility it'll be like Hoenn and we'll have a second Master Class before she leaves?

I miss Contests.The fact they really don't compete against one another directly that much in TriPokathalons sort of bothers me---hopefully in the Master Class we'll see some sort of battle.

Also interested in how they'll explain Serena sticking with Ash after her goal is completed for presumably quite a few months---wonder if there's a possibility it'll be like Hoenn and we'll have a second Master Class before she leaves?
She'll stick with him because he's her boo lol. They'll make up some reason. I mean why is clemont and Bonnie still there really

Theorymon

Eh, I'd maybe consider strategy but as an RPG I wouldn't say Pokemon has done anything to deserve an award. You give it that nod in nominations but it shouldn't win. It's like Call of Duty.

Speaking of the strategy part, I really hope Gamefreak continues to take that part of the game more seriously. I feel like gamefreak is so close to "getting it". Now I'm not talking about something subjective like balance (personally I don't care about that, since I've always tended to gravitate towards the more centralized metagames like Ubers and some of the VGCs anyways lol).

What I'm talking about is making competitive Pokemon more accessible. Gamefreak is getting there by making breeding actually reasonable, but soft reseting is still basically the worst thing ever x_x.

I feel that if Gamefreak makes the barrier to getting into competitive Pokemon lower (like at least say, giving legendaries perfect IVs or putting in place a system to change IVs), it could really open a lot of doors towards making Pokemon more recognized as a competitive game. Hopefully Gamefreak makes further improvements in gen 7 or so, because until then, I think the barrier to competitive Pokemon is just way too high for a lot of people.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
looks like Hawlucha and Talonflame will faint to Zapdos and it is up to Noibat's shoulders

I honestly like it that way, since tripokalons are more of a show than actual fighting

Boss Doggie

also that group shot of Ash and his mons, and they make a big deal about it being a "five man band" heh

Chase17

Looks like Rumble World is coming as a physical edition to the US too (don't think that was announced before).

Will probably pass since I haven't even bothered to download the eshop version.

Edit: Will be funny if Ash leaves the sixth spot empty. Can bring on all sorts of new complaints about how he doesn't even know he can have six Pokémon or something.

Boss Doggie

Speaking of which...

Is Charizard X vs Y a Western only thing? Japan doesn't bring it up, in fact the closest thing you get is "X and Y exists".

Carl7

ff9ca04.gif

RIP any Mega not called Mega Mom or Sala. Mega Fug and Mawile are barely holding on to their seats at the top table, one dude is keeping them alive.

And they all used PKHEX. Worst meta of all times. I hope we get vgc 2017 with gen 7 and no legendaries whatsoever.

Josephl64

I couldn't find an answer to this, but I assume that the VC releases of the original Pokemon games don't allow for local trading betweet JP and US versions of the games.

Can anybody verify this?

JoeM86

I couldn't find an answer to this, but I assume that the VC releases of the original Pokemon games don't allow for local trading betweet JP and US versions of the games.

Can anybody verify this?

I'd be very surprised if they do. They didn't in the originals

Can anybody verify this?
Unless they updated the games with both Latin and Japanese alphabets each, coded a new method that wipes the (nick)name when being traded to match the language of the game its traded to, and/or came up with a way to make sure the code being slightly adjusted during the original localization from Japanese doesn't cause massive glitches, I doubt it.
You might be able to get away with trading from English to some of the European languages, though. Not much was changed and some are usually safe to trade between.

Boss Doggie

yeah I made that gif

the context is also cute

I'm not sure who owns the chesnaught now though, since I know it belonged to the grandfather who passed away, I assume it is owned by the grandson now, but it was never shown that he has its pokeball

Top Bottom