• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Yeah, look at the date at the top -
http://gb-of-bs.deviantart.com/journal/Generation-6-5-Leaked-586667242#comments

The only thing thats putting me off is I wouldnt think Gamfreak would introduce THAT many new poke's at all. I was only expecting 10 - 20, if any.

Do you know for a fact the list wasn't edited after Magearna was revealed? I mean this Deviantart thing was already edited since they put the scan of Magearna on it. If this list truly does predate the Magearna reveal with her on it... then I guess we're getting Gen 6.5, I mean there is no way someone could guess the name "Magiana" go with Steel Fairy, Call it the "Man-made Pokemon" and have it be the last Pokemon in the dex all 2 weeks before we even knew we were getting a new Pokemon reveal.
Is there any way to edit Deviantart posts?
Yes, this person even added the coro coro scan to the post, we just need to know if "Magiana" was always part of the list or if she was added later. All the replies before Magearna's reveal only mention the Detective Pikachu trailer at the bottom of the post so the entire list itself could have been added later.

Ryakoon doesn't sound that good.
Has Gamefreak ever done English puns in Japanese.

Articuno, Moltress and Zapdos are the english words Freezer, Fire and Thunder and the Eeveelutions are all based on english words.
Just skimming around on Bulbapedia it seems like there are a lot more too.

GoldStarz

Looking into it, I can't really find a source outside of the dA post that has this list that goes farther back than Valentine's Day, and even that source is just a now-deleted/archived 4Chan post that I can't get access to. So yeah, this is probably fake.

Looking into it, the image the dA posts uses actually comes from the 4Chan site, so yeah the post was definitely edited.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Do you know for a fact the list wasn't edited after Magearna was revealed? I mean this Deviantart thing was already edited since they put the scan of Magearna on it. If this list truly does predate the Magearna reveal with her on it... then I guess we're getting Gen 6.5, I mean there is no way someone could guess the name "Magiana" go with Steel Fairy, Call it the "Man-made Pokemon" and have it be the last Pokemon in the dex all 2 weeks before we even knew we were getting a new Pokemon reveal.

Good point, they probably just edited it with the list after Magearna was revealed, sorry for not realising, I didnt know they could edit it but they obviously put the scan up. My bad man haha. Still, fingers crossed if only for the ice wolf.

Well, looks like Disney Art Academy, one of the unannounced games on that list, is real.
Now I'm actually leaning towards Niji being real... but I don't want to say CONFIRMED or anything, because it could still be fake.

YAWN

Haha, Im sure we'll get an artic wolf soon, though Ive been hoping for a dolphin and a platypus for years. Still got a feeling they're saving the platypus and koala Pokemon for a Australian based region, but no proper dolphin is a killer.

Well, looks like Disney Art Academy, one of the announced games on that list, is real.
Now I'm actually leaning towards Niji being real... but I don't want to say CONFIRMED or anything, because it could still be fake.
Which list is that?

An easy way to spread a rumor list is to pad actual information with the fake stuff.

My default setting for these things is "doubt by default" - lists of Pokemon that show up conveniently after an official announcement are at the top. Long-rumored names are somewhere below that, but still doubtful.

In any case, I think modern GF tends towards using the English names for game subtitles since G3 (even extending to FRLG and HGSS), so it might just be "rainbow" in Japanese as well, if that were the case.

YAWN

Cheers, I wonder what Rainbow could even be. I thought that might've been the title for the 3rd installment of Black and White if anything back then, but it doesnt sound like it could be the expansion of X and Y. Guess its just a spin off if it true, or they could be trying something new for 7th gen, but Im still a believer of gen 6.5 before 7.

What about pysduck?
Doesnt have the cool beaver like tail :p

Mario & Sonic Rio has also likely been delayed to Summer now, like it says in the video. I think it was originally February.

Niji seems like a codename anyway and a new Pokemon game being released this year was a no-brainer anyway

Edit: Actually the delay was referring to the Wii U version, so it doesn't matter regardless.

I refuse to accept any list that does not include any info on the detective Pikachu localization.

It seems to exclude eShop titles completely, with the exception of Minecraft which is strange. Though I don't know much about marketing.

I've also seen the theory that since Pikachu is episodic, TPCi might be waiting for it to be completely finished before releasing it.

Daemul

Pokemon Rainbow
KuGsj.gif

This shit still lives.

ash_ag

It would be pretty fun if the Japanese name is in kanji for once after 19 years or so.

ポケットモンスター虹 → Pokémon Rainbow, or maybe Pokémon Prism.

:p

Pokemon Rainbow
KuGsj.gif

This shit still lives.

The dude clarified and said his source said people shouldn't go crazy with "Niji" it's just a codename and probably not the final name, but that it is indeed the 20th anniversary game.
Also he says "translation Rainbow" so I'm assuming the codename being used by NOA is Niji and either the guy posting the list or his source just felt like clarifying that Niji means Rainbow.

It's like people are actively ignoring that the source said Niji is a codename and that one of the unannounced games on the list looks to be real just so they can laugh at it.
And even if the game is called Rainbow why is that so crazy, especially after Diamond and Black, Rainbow is just a word and it would actually make sense for an anniversary game.. The "leak" doesn't say anything about the game, just that it's celebrating the 20th anniversary, so it's not like it's just digging up an old fake and recycling it.

Chase17

At least we (probably) won't have to wait much longer to get a better idea (or confirmation) of the what the next mainline game will be.

5 days!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Even the thor movie made it rainbow-like!

but yeah the bifrost is the rainbow bridge that connects midgard to asgard

I actually learned it from VP1 :p

Kyzer

Banned
It's just funny because Pokemon rainbow is this recurring rumor in the pokemon cycle. if it ends up true then hey awesome new game and it's something fresh...but I doubt it. Just like I would any other fan blog rumor

It's just funny because Pokemon rainbow is this recurring rumor in the pokemon cycle. if it ends up true then hey awesome new game and it's something fresh...but I doubt it. Just like I would any other fan blog rumor
Again, nowhere does he say the next game is Pokemon Rainbow, he said the next game is celebrating the 20th anniversary and is CODENAMED Niji. He even specified that Rainbow was nowhere in the document, he just popped Niji into google translate to see what it meant.
Why would we get info in 5 days?

The 20th Anniversary is on Saturday, they're even doing "Pokemon Day" celebration events all over on that day.

Kyzer

Banned
Again, nowhere does he say the next game is Pokemon Rainbow, he said the next game is celebrating the 20th anniversary and is CODENAMED Niji. He even specified that Rainbow was nowhere in the document, he just popped Niji into google translate to see what it meant.

The 20th Anniversary is on Saturday, they're even doing "Pokemon Day" celebration events all over on that day.

Right...so...like I said. Pokemon Rainbow. Is a recurring rumor.?

And hey is America even getting anythingfor Pokemon Day other than the kids only TRU event?

Saying that the name is a codename is sort of a copout - there is a high chance a mainline game is coming this year anyhow. Rumorer can just say that whatever is revealed is the "niji" in the leak, and no one can confirm otherwise.

Saying that the name is a codename is sort of a copout - it's very apparent that we're getting a new mainline game this year. Rumorer can just say that whatever is revealed is the "niji" in the leak, and no one can confirm otherwise.

According to him they use codenames for a lot of things in these documents. Just go over into the "What we know so far about the Nintendo NX with sources" to see why many people believe he might be legit, besides Bish already has his info supposedly proving the leak is legit, so if he gets banned we'll know it's fake. It's not just some random internet list, the dude is an active GAF member who actively wanted to get verified by Bish to prove what he is saying is true.

According to him they use codenames for a lot of things in these documents. Just go over into the "What we know so far about the Nintendo NX with sources" to see why many people believe he might be legit, besides Bish already has his info supposedly proving the leak is legit, so if he gets banned we'll know it's fake.
I'm just skeptical of any rumor involving names that have been bandied about for so long (and Rainbow is real old).

Besides, it isn't really a big stretch to say "a new game is coming in a year when you'd expect a new game to come out" and use it to pad a rumor list with truth - it's been done before in leaked lists. That said, if the game is revealed on Friday I will freak out alongside everyone else (see: Magiana), but I won't hold my breath for now.

I'm just skeptical of any rumor involving names that have been bandied about for so long (and Rainbow is real old).

Besides, it isn't really a big stretch to say "a new game is coming in a year when you'd expect a new game to come out" and use it to pad a rumor list with truth - it's been done before in leaked lists. That said, if the game is revealed on Friday I will freak out alongside everyone else (see: Magiana), but I won't hold my breath for now.

Again, it's just codenamed Niji and on English documents no less, and I think the fact that this guy is an active GAF member who says that his source has proven to him without a doubt that he is legit and he actively wanted to get into contact with Bish here on GAF to verify him, which means he's putting his GAF account on the line because if it isn't legit then he'll get perma banned. That plus the fact that Disney Art Academy is apparently real makes me think the list could be real, I'm not saying I think it IS real, just that there is enough here to not just throw the list away as a fake.

Top Bottom