• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

I might have asked this here before but is there a stream for this Pokemon Day thing. If they were hypothetically going to reveal a game on the 27th, it would be weird to just post the announcement of Twitter while people are just roaming around.

Maybe a Pokemon Direct or something could happen this week?

I might have asked this here before but is there a stream for this Pokemon Day thing. If they were hypothetically going to reveal a game on the 27th, it would be weird to just post the announcement of Twitter while people are just roaming around.

Maybe a Pokemon Direct or something could happen this week?

I don't believe there is any stream for anything, if a new game is announced on the 27th it'll either just be posted online like ORAS was or it will be a Direct announced later this week. I'm leaning towards them doing it like ORAS.

It would be awesome if they announce a date for a global reveal video ahead of time again, but they might just save that for G7.
I don't believe there is any stream for anything, if a new game is announced on the 27th it'll either just be posted online like ORAS was or it will be a Direct announced later this week. I'm leaning towards them doing it like ORAS.
TPCi dropping a 15 second video with a title and release date at 2AM EST confirmed

Chase17

So has it been 100% confirmed there's no way to get the pokemon off R/B/Y to pokebank / older gen games? If so that sucks.
Yes. It's not happening.

It wouldn't work because there were changes to how EVs work between gen II and III (I may be slightly off on the specifics of this).

Mr-Joker

Banned
I go to sleep and when I wake up I hear rumours of Pokémon Rainbow, yeah sure whatever you say random person on the internet.

Fixed that for you.

UK gets nothing :(

More like the whole of Europe, which frustrate me how the Pokémon Company seem to focus more on the US and Japanese market and completely ignore the European market.

Such a fucking joke and should not be happening in 2016.

WPS

Yes. It's not happening.

It wouldn't work because there were changes to how EVs work between gen II and III (I may be slightly off on the specifics of this).

The old format could probably be converted to the new format (not vice versa though), so I don't think that would be the reason.

It's more that it would be very hard to code (as I understand it, the wifi connection stuff for the VC release is the emulator dealing with requests to the link cable port, and the ROM itself is unchanged so that's not quite as tricky) and would come across many issues with the games being glitchy as all get-out. It would be an infinite source of Mews, pokémon with moves they really shouldn't have and glitch stuff.

They could fix the glitches but they're half the fun with gen 1.

jnWake

That Pokémon list looks cool but it has some evolutions that have really weird type transitions. It seems pretty fake sadly.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
That leaked list was posted on /vp/ quite a few days ago around when Magearna popped up before this Niji rumor even appeared...it's probably not related at all to the latter.

Juicy Bob

So, these mythical Pokemon distribution event things - do they have an expiry date on the codes?

I haven't played Pokemon for years because I haven't ever had a DS before until I pre-ordered one of the special Pokemon Blue 2DSs from Nintendo the other day because I got all nostalgia-ish. I picked up a UK Mew code from my local GAME store yesterday and I know you need X or Y or ORAS to download it, but I was going to pick up either X or Y this week so that I can play it when my 2DS arrives next week some time.

Given that the Mew event ends tomorrow in the UK, does that mean that I won't be able to use my unused code when I do get the chance to play X or Y next week?

Sorry if this isn't really the place to ask.

The NA Mew codes say on the card that they expire on May 31, 2016. I assume the UK codes are the same, but you should probably double-check.

That leaked list was posted on /vp/ quite a few days ago around when Magearna popped up before this Niji rumor even appeared...it's probably not related at all to the latter.

Nobody was suggesting that Niji and that list of Pokemon were connected.

Anyways the guy who posted the list of 3DS games was verified by Bish, so more reason to believe that the list could be real.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Because Rainbow is a codename, it could literally mean anything. It could be the title for 7th gen, or the 3rd installment to X and Y. It could relate to the Norse Mythology Rainbow Bridge connecting it to Kalos, or the species of a new Pokemon that will play a major part in the next game, or could just be a spin off title. It seems we've got tons of hints on the future of Pokemon but no one knows where its going, We've got Magearna, "the future is flowers", all of the unused moves and forms in the 6th gen, Azoth forshadowing, and now the Niji codname. It'll be interesting to see how it all ties together. My moneys still on gen 6.5. I think they're gonna do something very surprising with it too, a good way to celebrate 20 years.

ngower

Have you tried the online game for PC? You can download it from the Pokemon website. It's entirely free to play. You can play the CPU and other players and grow your own collection of cards. It's a really quick and simple way of playing the TCG as well as learning all the rules and the nuances.

Buy the World Championship preconstructed decks. For learning the game, those are the best bet because you'll actually have enough supporters and trainers for the deck to run smoothly. You can't use those decks in competitive play, but IMO they are far better for learning the game than the normal precons because the precons are really slow and usually turn the game into a slog.

I've been using the online game to re-learn and it sounds like my nephew uses it as well. I picked up both Break Point decks and let him pick which one he wanted (he went with Greninja, obviously). I then started playing online and holy crap these decks are terrible haha. I'm not a competitive player nor do I think I want to join any leagues or anything, but I'm considering that Gyrados box just so I can add a few decent trainers or other Pokemon to the mix. What's the current tournament format, i.e. what sets are still legal?

I know I shouldn't be asking here, but can anyone help me getting a Mew? No events in Latin America, and the event everywhere else is just about to end :/

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I was thinking of the code name rainbow and I was thinking of ROYGVIB and I got this

Red
Pok%C3%A9mon_box_art_-_Red_Version.png

Orange
250px-006Charizard.png

Yellow

Pokemon_Yellow.png

Green

250px-Green_JP_boxart.png

Violet

250px-150Mewtwo.png

Indigo

Indigo_Plateau_RBY.png

Blue

51GMKNSJ9GL.jpg

We're totally getting a gen 1 remake.*

*I am just messing about and my post should not be taken seriously**.

**Except for that part, that part about my post not being serous should be taken seriously.

Oh, I get it! They're litteraly talking about the next Pokemon games, Red and Blue. Ugh

Hmm, I don't think that genwunner will like this game. ;p

**Except for that part, that part about my post not being serous should be taken seriously.

You have now created a paradox, since if we follow the advice of **, we can't take ** seriously and thus we shouldn't follow it's advice

Chase17

It's happening!

I'll be in class for the live announcement which is a bit of a bummer (A new game announcement easily offsets this). Just over two days now! Have a feeling they are going to drag.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Yes! The time lines up pretty well for me too. 5 mins is plenty to announce or tease a new mainline entry. I expect it'll be a timeline overview of every mainline game to date, starting from Red and Green and ending with Z.

So I was thinking of the code name rainbow and I was thinking of ROYGVIB and I got this

Red
Pok%C3%A9mon_box_art_-_Red_Version.png

Orange
250px-006Charizard.png

Yellow

Pokemon_Yellow.png

Green

250px-Green_JP_boxart.png

Violet

250px-150Mewtwo.png

Indigo

Indigo_Plateau_RBY.png

Blue

51GMKNSJ9GL.jpg

We're totally getting a gen 1 remake.*

Hmm, I don't think that genwunner will like this game. ;p
I know this is a joke post, but the codename isn't Rainbow, it's Niji.

EDIT: OH FUCK, I SAW THE POSTS OF "It's happening" and was like huh? Then I saw the post above me and ran to the gaming side!
HYPE LEVELS MAXIMUM!

Cheebo

Banned
So what is everyone predicting?

A. Pokemon Z - A traditional third gen upgrade ala Crystal, Emerald, & Platinum

B. Pokemon X2/Y2 - A semi-sequel upgrade ala B2/W2

C. Pokemon Anniversary/Rainbow - Radical shift from the upgrade norm for a anniversary themed mainline game

D. Detective Pikachu/Random Spin-Off/etc

So what is everyone predicting?

A. Pokemon Z - A traditional third gen upgrade ala Crystal, Emerald, & Platinum

B. Pokemon X2/Y2 - A semi-sequel upgrade ala B2/W2

C. Pokemon Anniversary/Rainbow - Radical shift from the upgrade norm for a anniversary themed mainline game

D. Detective Pikachu/Random Spin-Off/etc

You can wipe D. off the list because it won't be that.
I don't know about the name, but I think it will be one version with Zygarde as the mascot and will story wise be a sequel and include a lot of new content compared to XY.

It will be a mainline game, 100%.

The only actual question is what kind of mainline game, really.

They haven't done big global things like this for games that are already known, so that leaves GO and Detective Pikachu and Pokken out IMO. They have the rest of Pokemon Day to talk about that stuff.

Top Bottom