• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Kyzer

Banned
I'm gonna put my money on GSC style sequel with Kalos postgame. But I would love for it to be something even more radical and unexpected too

If the codename actually somehow has something to do with it and it really is a 20th anniversary game...gotta be something with multiple colors/versions right? Red 2/ Blue 2 with Johto and then Unova (pwt) postgame !

Haha no matter what we get I'm sure I will be hyped but it must be something special for them to have been so quiet for so long

JoeM86

If anyone has the Yellow 2DS in Europe, could you do me a favour and screenshot the home menu for me?

Seems the ones we get are different to Japan's

I'm gonna put my money on GSC style sequel with Kalos postgame. But I would love for it to be something even more radical and unexpected too

If the codename actually somehow has something to do with it and it really is a 20th anniversary game...gotta be something with multiple colors/versions right? Red 2/ Blue 2 with Johto and then Unova (pwt) postgame !

Haha no matter what we get I'm sure I will be hyped but it must be something special for them to have been so quiet for so long

If (and that's a big if) it includes old regions, I honestly don't see them including anymore than Kanto and maybe Johto, Hoenn wouldn't be included because ORAS is the most recent game right now and Sinnoh and Unova would probably be saved for proper remakes.

Kyzer

Banned
If (and that's a big if) it includes old regions, I honestly don't see them including anymore than Kanto and maybe Johto, Hoenn wouldn't be included because ORAS is the most recent game right now and Sinnoh and Unova would probably be saved for proper remakes.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. (Gigantic if of course), Hoenn would just have a nod through the link at Sevii Islands. Unova would be very limited (airport, subway to pwt maybe a few caves rivers and grass areas). Everything else can be off-limits. (they could still be building unova rails or something, didnt BW take place some number of years after GSC?) And Sinnoh would be nowhere to be seen for the DP remakes on NX.

This will probably never happen though. That being said I wonder how long they will wait before bringing kanto and Johto back into the fold somehow. They would have to interrupt the current remake cycle at some point.

Cheebo

Banned
I do think throwing Kanto and or Johto in this would be something they could want to avoid. A full 3D remake of Gen I or Gen II would be easy money down the line. I can easily see them cycling back through the remakes now that the R/B and G/S remakes were in 2D.

ash_ag

Pokémon X Digimon game?

Stranger things have happened! :p

I cant see them putting in Kanto AND Johto AND Kalos in one single game.

I find Johto (and likewise Sevii) as likely as, say, Sinnoh or Unova. 20th Anniversary makes Kanto a very distinct possibility, but related regions aren't necessarily relevant to the occasion.

I'd say there are three basic candidates:
  • Kanto
  • Kalos
  • Strange Souvenir region

If we consider the fact that three out of the five previous generations all had a game with two regions, it's not out of mind in this scenario either. Hard to say which of these two it could be, but I feel the game is going to be quite packed.

Kyzer

Banned
Stranger things have happened! :p

I find Johto (and likewise Sevii) as likely as, say, Sinnoh or Unova. 20th Anniversary makes Kanto a very distinct possibility, but related regions aren't necessarily relevant to the occasion.

I'd say there are three basic candidates:
  • Kanto
  • Kalos
  • Strange Souvenir region

If we consider the fact that three out of the five previous generations all had a game with two regions, it's not out of mind in this scenario either. Hard to say which of these two it could be, but I feel the game is going to be quite packed.

Good point. Huge strange souvenir region with limited kalos postgame it is then. And maybe a RBY Nx remake teaser :p

Hmm...what if instead of an alternate version (Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) or a sequel (BW2), Pokemon Z is a parallel sequel that happens at the same time as X and Y? Main game taking place in this huge souvenir region, and the new Team Flare arc ultimately causing you to impact things in Kalos (maybe change the story in the same way a third version would, and make flare's story more fleshed out and about Zygarde instead of Xerneas or Yveltal)

That would be different!

Just baseless daydreaming of course.

OK, with this I foresee a continuation of the trends of the third version we've seen over the past decade or so- substantial new areas, a big number of new forms (read: Megas), new characters or plot... no actual new Pokémon.

I'd be a little surprised if it was called Z by this point, but we'll see.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man this is great.

Movie sub, new pokemon episode, and Kamen Rider OOO marathon to fill up into the Direct

OK, with this I foresee a continuation of the trends of the third version we've seen over the past decade or so- substantial new areas, a big number of new forms (read: Megas), new characters or plot... no actual new Pokémon.

I'd be a little surprised if it was called Z by this point, but we'll see.
I will stick to calling it Z like I refer to BW2 as "Grey", but that's only because GF seems to like to throw people for a loop sometimes...

Mr-Joker

Banned
Guess who thought that the direct was on Saturday instead of Friday...this guy? >_<;

At least I found out before. Ah well either way I am soooooo hyped.

movie subs are also out, neat

Sweet, I will watch it on Saturday and have a mini Pokémon day at home as Europe is getting the shaft from The Pokémon Company.

Billyman

Neo Member
Can't believe it's finally happening ;___;

I think a Zygarde focused, Kalos game is basically a given at this point. Something tells me it's not going to be called Z or XZ/YZ though because Gamefreak wants to surprise us and those would be obvious. Maybe prequels? The Rainbow thing is total BS in my opinion but the idea of a 20th anniversary/celebrating the franchise game does sound intriguing (even though we'll probably going to see elements of that in whatever game we get)

I'm 100% expecting the Battle Frontier to make a return though. It's been too long

Macka

I'll be satisfied with the usual directors cut style game, but goddamn it would be cool for them to have added a ferry to Kanto.

Mega Arcanine too please.

GoldStarz

I only want no Gen 1 pandering.

I'm expecting at least a little Gen 1 pandering.

We'll probably get a lot of Gen 1 pandering.

when will gen 7 be here?

Boss Doggie

Yeah I seriously hope they don't overblow pandering.

Who am I kidding, it'll be a game about how Kanto took over Kalos, complete with invasive Kanto mon species. The one that killed the mythical Indian Elephant.

ebevan91

I think the starters were on the gen 1 covers because those games were the introduction of the series and we started getting mascot duos in gen 2 so they went with that, and I prefer it that way.

yami4ct

I do not want to go back to Kanto for like another 5-10 years. HGSS made me realize I kind of hate that region now. It's so boring compared to anywhere else.

I'd seriously rather go back to any other region. Heck, I'd rather have some weird Delta Emerald/Z Mix where we go back to Hoenn and we just left there. Only region that wouldn't excite me would be Sinnoh. Let's face it, Sinnoh was kind of lame.

Boss Doggie

I just realized a way to make a new region while at the same time having "all" of the regions.

Pokemon Pangaea.

Boss Doggie

New episode is airing so far... but holy shit they are really pushing the "Ryhorn really, REALLY loves Serena" angle lol

maybe her dad is a Ryhorn!

EDIT: Ep pretty hype, but man that Yashio (old lady) was a cunt lol

And ooo boy that shipping factor - Serena notices that the Master class is in a town a few ways off from Snowbelle City. You know what Ash did? He grabs Serena's shoulder and says "It's okay, we'll go to your Master Class town before my gym." Ash put Serena first before his gym match.

jV6VyFh.jpg

Even Bonnie supports this!

uriXABu.jpg

ALSO ZAPDOS AND NOIVERN HYYYYYPE! DAT ZOOMED IN ZAPDOS! Too bad Hawlucha won't do a piledriver on Zapdos but still!

And ooo boy that shipping factor - Serena notices that the Master class is in a town a few ways off from Snowbelle City. You know what Ash did? He grabs Serena's shoulder and says "It's okay, we'll go to your Master Class town before my gym." Ash put Serena first before his gym match.

that's nice though i'm starting to wonder if they are going to pull and DP on us and make us wait like a year till the 8th gym, hopefuly not but i'm just a bit worried

also MAGIKARP FESTIVAL, that's just a stage from TTT2 but man it's cool

Boss Doggie

Well the path looks like this

A =================== C
\____________B__________/

Where A is their current location, B is the master class town, and C is Snowbell.

It shouldn't be a long ways.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
So someone on Reddit noticed this.

Red's pulling out a drink with a rainbow on it. How specific. Nothing major now that we've more or less got confirmation of it being the next game, but still cool.

Well the path looks like this

A =================== C
\____________B__________/

Where A is their current location, B is the master class town, and C is Snowbell.

It shouldn't be a long ways.

yeah still i'm just worried, they might have to do one more year of content and i'm not so sure they can fill it

Boss Doggie

yeah still i'm just worried, they might have to do one more year of content and i'm not so sure they can fill it

well it would be quick

XY&Z17: Zapdos and Noivern! A Furious Strike of Lightning!!
XY&Z18: Left and Right! The Indecisive Binacle!! [Mar 10th]
XY&Z19: The Master Class Begins! A Maidens' Fight Where Sparks Fly!! [Mar 17th]
XY&Z20: Elle VS Serena! Open the Door to the Future!! [Mar 24th]

Master Class would be very quick so that leaves Team Flare and Snowbelle Gym.

Chase17

I wish it didn't leak.

Also I'm very surprised. If I didn't have a class in ten minutes I'd be freaking out more.

HYPE! I need more info!

Weebos

Banned
Sun and Moon, eh?

If that is Gen 7 (which it probably is), it is weird to not see some of the Kalos stuff pay off in Gen 6, especially Zygarde's forms.

But maybe it is some weird Gen 6 game, the colors are similar to XY.

Kinsei

Banned
I really, really didn't want seventh gen. Hopefully it has it's own identity and isn't bogged down by the past like gen 6.

Kyzer

Banned
Lol our idea of generations is becoming more and more arbitrary. If it were a totally different overworld engine but only 15 new pokemon and went to Kalos in postgame would we say its Gen 6.5 or Gen 7?

I still feel like this is somehow the "third version" but even more unique than what we're used to

Weebos

Banned
Lol our idea of generations is becoming more and more arbitrary. If it were a totally different overworld engine but only 15 new pokemon and went to Kalos in postgame would we say its Gen 6.5 or Gen 7?

I still feel like this is somehow the "third version" but even more unique than what we're used to

If it were a different overworld engine I would personally think Gen 7, but you're right, the lines are blurring.

Top Bottom