• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Cheebo

Banned
After B2 & W2 I would not readily dismiss this being another Gen 6 game.

OR & AS were gen 6 yet not upgrades to X & Y. As long as it is the same engine, same group of Pokemon and so on it could still be very well be Gen 6 even if its a new story/region.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Awww shit, the mystery just keeps getting more mysterious, theres no hype like Pokemon hype. I think the Sun and Moon are a massive theme to build a game and specifically legends around, way more than what a standard 3rd expansion would convey. Dunno if Im in the gen 7 camp now. Sheeeeit.

A new gen already seems early but, then again if they do 70 new pokemon and 40+ Megas again, maybe they are going to make gens be shorter. It does seem a little odd though.

Guess we just gotta wait and see.

After B2 & W2 I would not readily dismiss this being another Gen 6 game.

OR & AS were gen 6 yet not upgrades to X & Y. As long as it is the same engine, same group of Pokemon and so on it could still be very well be Gen 6 even if its a new story/region.

I was thinking the same but Sun and Moon sound much further away from X and Y so I am not sure.

Freki and Geki are two wolves who ate the Sun and Moon.

Those straight up already sound like Pokemon names, if we get two new cover legendaries that are both Norse wolves and we still don't have a Fenrir Pokemon I'm going to laugh and cry.
Be it Gen 7 or Gen 6.5 I really hope Zygarde isn't cheated out of importance in a game.

If this is Gen 6.5 I bet we don't get Gen 7 till 2018.
Anime will even have a ton of new content to go through, especially if there is a new region.
Hmm, Ash has one badge left in Kalos, yeah I'm definitely thinking Sun and Moon have a new region. Please be Gen 6.5.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So /vp/ has this theory

K1Nbc1S.jpg

we already know about Blue and Red Core/Squishy

those orange and cyan ones aren't though, but they match Sun and Moon's colors

There's a chance. XY had a minute and a half trailer. If we could see who's directing and what the engine looks like we will have a better idea where this game fits imo

I'm still going by my theory that Shigeki Morimoto is the director because ORAS was the first main series game that he wasn't credited at all. He also wasn't credited for Tembo. I doubt we'll find out tomorrow though.

Hell yeah. Sun and Moon. Sol and Mani chased by the wolves Hati and Skoll until they are devoured at the start of Ragnarok.

I love Norse mythology.

ash_ag

Wait wait, is this isn't Z, why did they make a big thing out of Z, like with the anime and what not?

Because the core games aren't the only aspect of the franchise. The fact that the Z initiative went forward for so long without a core game made it obvious the next game wouldn't be Z-focused. Game Freak wouldn't wait for all this material to become old news and then make their move. I think it was a nice change to the formula. It made the anime far more interesting and gave it a way to deviate even further from the games' plot points.

That's not to say all of that won't be integrated in the games' lore, of course. I'm sure Sun and Moon will introduce the Zygarde forms in the games, regardless of whether or not they have relevance in the story.

Kyzer

Banned
I'm thinking maybe Moon and Sun could be a newly rearranged subteam and there's still a team at work for Pokemon on Nx for 2017-18. I don't see there being an "Earth Version" or Sun 2/ Moon 2 for some reason and I don't see them taking until 2019 to release a new gen on NX.

Billyman

Neo Member
Sun and Moon are basically X2/Y2 if you think about it. They probably just went with the brand new names since a) they wanted to surprise people and b) there's so much content that they decided to give it its own brand name.

Definitely not a new generation since X/Y and ORAS have a lot of holes and threads that needs to be answered, and the fact that we're getting 2 games matches up with the info from the data dump about 2 slots left.

Could we get a new region? Possibly, but people said the same with B2W2 and we didn't. I'm going to hold expectations off in that regard. Would rather have them flesh out Kalos to the best of their ability than give us 2 half baked regions.

It's going to be interesting to see what they reveal tomorrow. Do they try to advertise the new story or the new features? If anything I hope they show the battle frontier but I think they'll save that announcement for later. Who knows though

GoldStarz

Sun and Moon are basically X2/Y2 if you think about it. They probably just went with the brand new names since a) they wanted to surprise people and b) there's so much content that they decided to give it its own brand name.

Definitely not a new generation since X/Y and ORAS have a lot of holes and threads that needs to be answered, and the fact that we're getting 2 games matches up with the info from the data dump about 2 slots left.

Could we get a new region? Possibly, but people said the same with B2W2 and we didn't. I'm going to hold expectations off in that regard. Would rather have them flesh out Kalos to the best of their ability than give us 2 half baked regions.

It's going to be interesting to see what they reveal tomorrow. Do they try to advertise the new story or the new features? If anything I hope they show the battle frontier but I think they'll save that announcement for later. Who knows though

And you have a source for your claims?

The sooner we leave Kalos, the better.
My feeling exactl-
Bring on Kanto pls
Get out.

Top Bottom