• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So I watched the Hoopa movie the other day...

The Legendary shit was honestly pretty dull, plus the whole time I imagine the Legendaries just being like "what the fuck are we ever doing here?"---I heard it was basically a way to get kids to see it but apparently that failed as the movie did pretty bad.

I will say though that Hoopa was extremely adorable and the parts about it interacting with Mary and her brother were easily the highpoint of the film and pretty emotional, I really wish they would've focused more on that instead of doing the BIG LEGENDARY BATTLE! thing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Do you know the latest meme? Turning the Pokemon upside down.

0cf.png

So I watched the Hoopa movie the other day...

The Legendary shit was honestly pretty dull, plus the whole time I imagine the Legendaries just being like "what the fuck are we ever doing here?"---I heard it was basically a way to get kids to see it but apparently that failed as the movie did pretty bad.

I will say though that Hoopa was extremely adorable and the parts about it interacting with Mary and her brother were easily the highpoint of the film and pretty emotional, I really wish they would've focused more on that instead of doing the BIG LEGENDARY BATTLE! thing.

it was Destroy All Monsters, and we get to see XY Ash command a bunch of legendaries, so I feel it's fine.

Also hey, look who cameo'd in Osomatsu-san

tumblr_nvuuboi2hZ1tene32o1_400.png

ZeroX03

Banned
Going to grab the Generations Mew pack this weekend. And Yellow whenever it's live.

Also seems that playing Theme Deck mode on PTCGO is kind of pointless? The decks aren't built for consistency or complex plays so it just seems to come down to luck. Even using Dark Hammer.

Cindro

I can't believe I have a meeting during the direct. It gets out at 9:30 at least, so I should be able to catch up on it after that, but still I'M GOING TO BE THIRTY MINUTES LATE TO THE HYPE.

I guess that's when all the ace trainers show up anyway though?

:(

oh wow you they updated yellow to make so you don't need to have surfing pikachu in order to do it's minigame thats cool

they also updated jynx sprite as well

Rossana%C3%84nderungGelbVC.JPG

Weebos

Banned
oh wow you they updated yellow to make so you don't need to have surfing pikachu in order to do it's minigame thats cool

they also updated jynx sprite as well

Nice to know, hopefully they fixed a few bugs in the other versions too.

Not too much, but things that don't work at all like Focus Energy I would love to see fixed.

Kyzer

Banned
Sounds like they nailed the RBY release, leave the good glitches and still fix other stuff

Man if Sun/Moon is really Morimoto its gonna be so good...and an Unno sequel... It would be an infinite game. It could be the best gen ever in terms of content.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
just finished movie subs

7/10 for me, never actually had a problem with it, the action is fine and the characters are good...

...but fuck that space distortion thing at the end. It was all of a sudden with no hint at all, and is only there for the finale action. Otherwise it's pretty good.

Also, see? PokeGod always saves the faithful, unlike those jerks from poke-Greece.

Sounds fun, let me try.

250px-100Voltorb.png
250px-101Electrode.png

250px-070Weepinbell.png
250px-071Victreebel.png

250px-686Inkay.png
250px-687Malamar.png

Oh u

Kyzer

Banned
Anyone get any screens of the images of Sun/Moon?

I'm hyped for pokebank support omg didn't think it would happen!

That also means they can do the same for other VC releases...it also means we probably won't see RBY remakes until after BW remakes lol

Bacs

Neo Member
I'm inclined to believe this might be a new generation now. They listed off the years when they introduced new generations. So, it'd be weird to do that and include this if this isn't a new gen, I'm assuming?

WPS

OK, rewatching it we see a new pokémon! It's a bird thing!

I also saw a lot of concept art for vehicles (including a centre themed ambulance looking thing and a Firetruck with a blastoise in it), and some concept art for a town. We might have seen some trainers too.

It wasn't nothing, its just it was shown to us faster than the human eye can pick up on first watch.

Surprised with the RBY to SM transfers, especially since I've always argued it as impossible. I'm happy to be wrong though, provided we don't get No-Guard Machamp. Maybe they'll all be hidden ability?

Cheebo

Banned
If RBY can go into the bank then why wouldnt you be able to pull them from the bank in X/Y/OR/AS? I did not get the impression this is exclusive to Sun/Moon at all.

Dandte

OK, rewatching it we see a new pokémon! It's a bird thing!

I also saw a lot of concept art for vehicles (including a centre themed ambulance looking thing and a Firetruck with a blastoise in it), and some concept art for a town. We might have seen some trainers too.

It wasn't nothing, its just it was shown to us faster than the human eye can pick up on first watch.

Surprised with the RBY to SM transfers, especially since I've always argued it as impossible. I'm happy to be wrong though, provided we don't get No-Guard Machamp. Maybe they'll all be hidden ability?

https://youtu.be/hmzDL1l3Fag?t=105

marchamp with two other pokemon i can't identify.

https://youtu.be/hmzDL1l3Fag?t=107

Concept Art. Maybe a Gym or a Spa?

CassSept

That's a lot of vehicles in these concept arts. I don't know why, but the bird brings a hummingbird to mind for me, even though they look nothing alike.

So sad we didn't get a second stab in Kalos, it really deserved another pass given how rough initial installments always are...

Kyzer

Banned
I'm sticking with my original thoughts that this is still 3ds but that the overworld engine is something that could be closer to what we will see moving forward scaled up to HD. Which also means there could be Nx support for this game idk maybe not but it is weird they didn't show footage. But those screens look like 3ds.

Chase17

Just saw the direct. Really cool trailer, too bad we didn't get to much info about Sun and Moon though.

Also I was completely wrong about the VC games and Pokémon bank. It's great that they made it work!

If RBY can go into the bank then why wouldnt you be able to pull them from the bank in X/Y/OR/AS? I did not get the impression this is exclusive to Sun/Moon at all.

because when X/Y/OR/AS were being made GF didn't even know if they could port the Gen 1 game to the VC while keeping trading and battling

I wonder if Gen VII will have any other games besides Sun and Moon or if the next games after them will be Gen VIII on NX.
I hope they save the DP remakes for NX.

Top Bottom