• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm still thinking it's Kalos-related since the aesthetics remind me of it, and Furfrou being there.

Maybe Southern Kalos and we start with Kiloude?

So if these games end up being Kalos related, does that mean we'll call them "gen 6.5?" That'd be kind of weird, especially since we had a nice Roman Numeral thing going on.

I'm still thinking it's Kalos-related since the aesthetics remind me of it, and Furfrou being there.

Maybe Southern Kalos and we start with Kiloude?

The blurb
"As we celebrate 20 years since the launch of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green in Japan, the next era of Pokémon games is being announced! Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are coming out for systems in the Nintendo 3DS family in holiday 2016, with a new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures to discover! "
makes me think it's just straight up a brand new region. I do hope it's near Kalos and Kalos is the post game with gym leaders, it's own E4 and a plot revolving Zygarde.

Boss Doggie

The blurb
"As we celebrate 20 years since the launch of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green in Japan, the next era of Pokémon games is being announced! Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are coming out for systems in the Nintendo 3DS family in holiday 2016, with a new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures to discover! "
makes me think it's just straight up a brand new region. I do hope it's near Kalos and Kalos is the post game with gym leaders, it's own E4 and a plot revolving Zygarde.

Johto is essentially "West Kanto".

Busaiku

What the heck is gonna happen with the cartoon.
Since this is gonna be in November/December, they've got like 30ish episodes to wrap up the Master Class, Team Flare/Zygarde, Wulfric, and then the Kalos League.

It's gonna be pretty cramped.

Boss Doggie

SO ANYWAY WHO #TEAMSUN

Daily reminder that our team is allied with Heliolisk, Volcarona and Tynrantrum!

harmonize

What the heck is gonna happen with the cartoon.
Since this is gonna be in November/December, they've got like 30ish episodes to wrap up the Master Class, Team Flare/Zygarde, Wulfric, and then the Kalos League.

It's gonna be pretty cramped.
That seems like plenty of time. We already have the master class coming up in March, which leaves April - Oct/Nov to finish the last three.

Johto is essentially "West Kanto".

Yeah, I'm hoping for something similar, but I don't want it to just be called "Southern Kalos" I'd rather it be a completely different name with it's own stuff, like Johto compared to Kanto.

Anyways, if anyone wants em for their avatars.
LoZ08GG.png

X96h0lT.png

Boss Doggie

Yeah, I'm hoping for something similar, but I don't want it to just be called "Southern Kalos" I'd rather it be a completely different name with it's own stuff, like Johto compared to Kanto.

LoZ08GG.png

oh, so it wasn't a hole?

anyway will use the sun, thanks!

Assuming this isn't cross gen I bet this is the smallest Gen with just Sun and Moon.
Of course they might do sequel games before Gen VIII like with BW... and if they do I'll be extra salty that we didn't get Z.

If they plan on ditching the whole third version idea, and especially if they don't plan on doing a third version/sequels for Sun and Moon I really hope they don't do a mascot trio, just make it a duo so we don't end up with a Pokemon getting robbed.

Billyman

Neo Member
The blurb
They called ORAS a brand new story and world when it was first announced. It's just PR speak

LoZ08GG.png

X96h0lT.png

Can't help but be reminded of Fire Emblem Fates for some reason...

I'm in team Sun. :)

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best

LoZ08GG.png

X96h0lT.png

Cheers man.

As for the number of Pokes, I'm actually quite optimistic. I think creating the new engine and 720+ models must have been a big reason for the lower number on Mons in X and Y, but seeing as they're sticking to 3ds, the engine is already sorted as well as the models. Even if they move to NX too the models would still look fantastic, so I reckon we'll be seeing another Black and White situation with other 150+ of the critters.

Cheers man.

As for the number of Pokes, I'm actually quite optimistic. I think creating the new engine and 720+ models must have been a big reason for the lower number on Mons in X and Y, but seeing as they're sticking to 3ds, the engine is already sorted as well as the models. Even if they move to NX too the models would still look fantastic, so I reckon we'll be seeing another Black and White situation with other 150+ of the critters.

I hope it's more around 100 new Pokemon with Gen VIII starting in 2018 or 2019.
I really hope the DP remakes aren't 3DS exclusives.

Top Bottom