• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

essemdub

I'm down for a Fire/Flying starter (Brave Bird!) but it's way more likely that whatever was being shown was the Pidgey-like Pokémon for the Gen.

Pachimari

So this is where all the Pokémon trainers are hanging out!

Don't know if you recognize me from the S&M being, asking all kinds of questions.

Weebos

Banned
That woodpecker fan interpretation is a pretty good guess.

Man, now I'm thinking about potential starters, the hype machine is revving up.

Hopefully we get a 600 BST Legendary trio this time.

Joe is so quiet.
JOE ARE YOU OKAY?

What if the woodpecker is a starter? It probably isn't but Rock/Ice/Flying would be a nice starter trio shake up.
a Bird starter(other than a chicken and a penguin) would be cool, but I'd rather a Grass Flying Cactus Owl that is an actual cactus.

I wonder if 7th gen is gonna have another overhaul.
If VC isn't compatible with 6th gen, this is pretty interesting.

It's probably just because they had to program some conversion thing for the Gen I Pokemon when being transfered to SM and they didn't want to patch XY and ORAS with it.

essemdub

It's probably just because they had to program some conversion thing for the Gen I Pokemon when being transfered to SM and they didn't want to patch XY and ORAS with it.

You would think that the Bank would just handle that translation and send S/M format Pokémon directly to the new games.

Can't wait until May to hear the next batch of news. :D

I'm gonna be super mad if we have to wait that long.
Give us our first look at the game in the next Coro Coro with a trailer uploaded to YouTube at the same time.
Or give us a regular Nintendo Direct next month to be the final Direct before the NX's announcement and show the game there.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
a Bird starter(other than a chicken and a penguin) would be cool, but I'd rather a Grass Flying Cactus Owl that is an actual cactus.

Never forget
latest

Firestorm

Yeah, February is probably the best bet since that is when the series celebrate its' 20th.
Yep! Great time for some info on Gen 7 :D
Ain't happenin. There is no way they are going to leave Gen VI hanging. We'll get Gen VII announced next year with a Q4 2017 release on NX at the earliest.
We're really not getting Gen 7 this year.

Great time for Z/Whatever it's called info though

This is NeoGAF. Y'all gotta learn to BELIEVE

NeoGAF_logo.png

Pachimari

When is the next time we could get some information (or even see the starters and/or region)? Like CoroCoro or a stream like week or is that too early?

Pachimari

The stores are closing in less than a hour, so I'm gonna head out tomorrow and pick up Omega Ruby. I never got to play the original Gen III games anyway, and I have bought and sold Pokémon Y twice already. And I need to use my mytichal Mew code.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I still think they will do something to Zygarde, or hell even Ash Greninja. They appeared in side games not to be unaccounted.

I'm not joking about May, BTW. After the X and Y reveal, the only news they revealed between January and May directly related to that year's movie- Sylveon in February, and Mega Mewtwo Y in March. We've already had the reveals (or, at least, the initial reveals) for this year's movie, so unless they're hiding a new Pokémon in a Pikachu short or something, I'd be unsurprised if it's radio silence until then.

Either that, or they show it off at the NX reveal. >:)

The game comes out in less than a year, they have stuff to show, they just chose not to show anything in the Direct for whatever reason.
Well, yeah, they weren't willing to show it, as I said.

I still think they will do something to Zygarde, or hell even Ash Greninja. They appeared in side games not to be unaccounted.

I think Ash Greninja will be an anime exclusive (hopefully the Kalos starters get Megas though), but I REALLY hope the post game of S/M is going to Kalos and it has a plot revolving around Zygarde.
Ash's Greninja is different from the games' Greninja? Is his Pokémon in the games?

Ash's Greninja can transform.
UBe3zwN.jpg

Dandte

I'm not joking about May, BTW. After the X and Y reveal, the only news they revealed between January and May directly related to that year's movie- Sylveon in February, and Mega Mewtwo Y in March. We've already had the reveals (or, at least, the initial reveals) for this year's movie, so unless they're hiding a new Pokémon in a Pikachu short or something, I'd be unsurprised if it's radio silence until then.

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will be launching holiday 2016 exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and, for the first time, will offer Traditional and Simplified Chinese as language options.

Just PR to show that you can only enjoy pokemon on nintedo systems or hope that it will only be a launch exclusive for 3ds and later an improved version for NX might be possible, like Zelda TP?(<-naive speculating, i know..but believe ;-) )

I feel like it's possible we could see something of the actual game earlier than May because they showed jack squat in the Direct.

yami4ct

Screw hearing about the starters, tell me about the actual damn game. Is it a new region? Is it a region connected to southern Kalos, creating something like Gen 2? I need to know more about what is actually going on before I can get hyped.

GoldStarz

Screw hearing about the starters, tell me about the actual damn game. Is it a new region? Is it a region connected to southern Kalos, creating something like Gen 2? I need to know more about what is actually going on before I can get hyped.

We already know it at the very least will have new areas so it's not hard to figure it's probably a new region.
Who knows about the Kalos stuff, though.

I feel like it's possible we could see something of the actual game earlier than May because they showed jack squat in the Direct.
Yeah, in XY's direct they showed the starters and cover legends instead of jack shit.

I think in March we'll get either the starters or cover legends and in April we'll get the other set.

yami4ct

We already know it at the very least will have new areas so it's not hard to figure it's probably a new region.
Who knows about the Kalos stuff, though.

I guess by 'new region' I mostly mean the second part. Is it yet another unconnected region or are game freak doing something more ambitious?

Given the way they've talked about 'it's all built to this', that weird speculation that Game Freak would make an anniversary game that somehow lets us visit multiple old regions almost sounds half plausible. I have to imagine cart size would really put a damper on that, in addition to the expense of asset generation.

Pachimari

What I most want to hear about are the features, and which are new, and which are possibly returning. That's probably what I most want to hear about, and then see the region. And then the Pokémon, starters and boxart.

Heading out to buy Omega Ruby tomorrow. Kind of excited about it honestly.

Top Bottom