• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Chocobro

Hey everyone, I'm planning to play through Pokemon Black, Black 2, X, and AS over the next several months. Currently about to get 7th badge in Pokemon Black.

What are some must-do's for each game after beating the E4 before I move onto the next game?

BW2 and ORAS both have more to do than that- I'd recommend finishing the N side quest in BW2, and ORAS has an absolute pile of Legendaries to go after in the post game.

Daemul

Don't forget to take on the Black Tower Challenge in Black 2, I advise you to have your Pokemon in the 70's though, especially if you're playing on Challenge mode, otherwise you won't beat it.

Daemul

they should really stop using miiverse posts of terrible players playing RBY as a sign of "old games being hard"

The most ridiculous picture I saw was someone stuck outside the Viridian City Gym thinking that it was Brock's Gym.

No idea what the fuck was going on there.

Bleh, oh well. Anyways GAF should I got X/Y before diving into OR/AS? I wasn't ever interested in X/Y beyond "oh Mewtwo gets a mega," however, OR/AS I really wanted at release (didn't have a 3DS back then) due to nostalgia but I heard OR/AS borrow some story beats from X/Y, will I get confused if dive into OR/AS first?

brinstar

Bleh, oh well. Anyways GAF should I got X/Y before diving into OR/AS? I wasn't ever interested in X/Y beyond "oh Mewtwo gets a mega," however, OR/AS I really wanted at release (didn't have a 3DS back then) due to nostalgia but I heard OR/AS borrow some story beats from X/Y, will I get confused if dive into OR/AS first?

Nah, you'll be fine.

Kinsei

Banned

All you need to know is that Kalos is where mega evolution originated.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Pre-ordered Pokémon Sun and Moon, remembered that Pokkén is out in 2 weeks, planned a new team for Pokémon Soul Silver and Pokémon X which has me excited and then to top it off I rewatched the trailer for Pokémon Sun and Moon which got me hyped up.

Then my Zelda side is like "hey man erm Twilight Princess is releasing this week." but my Pokémon side is just drowning it out.

Actually you will be fine with OR/AS as the games acts like it predated the event of Pokémon X and Y.

All you need to know is that Kalos is where mega evolution originated.

Mega Rayquaza is like "nope I did it first and that Lucario bitch like totally copied me and not even in a good way as he needs a mega stone to go mega whereas I don't because I am a god...kinda just don't tell the folk of Hoenn as I have a good thing going on here."

Kinsei

Banned
Pre-ordered Pokémon Sun and Moon, remembered that Pokkén is out in 2 weeks, planned a new team for Pokémon Soul Silver and Pokémon X which has me excited and then to top it off I rewatched the trailer for Pokémon Sun and Moon which got me hyped up.

Then my Zelda side is like "hey man erm Twilight Princess is releasing this week." but my Pokémon side is just drowning it out.

Actually you will be fine with OR/AS as the games acts like it predated the event of Pokémon X and Y.

Mega Rayquaza is like "nope I did it first and that Lucario bitch like totally copied me and not even in a good way as he needs a mega stone to go mega whereas I don't because I am a god...kinda just don't tell the folk of Hoenn as I have a good thing going on here."

The Hoenn from ORAS is in an alternate universe though.

Chase17

That's not the way the game portrays it.
I kind of thought it seemed to be in the same world as XY. They reference AZ planting the tree outside the cave of origin (could be different world AZ I guess though).

I love Chespin and like Chesnaught a lot. Quilladin though? *shudders*

Kinsei

Banned
I kind of thought it seemed to be in the same world as XY. They reference AZ planting the tree outside the cave of origin (could be different world AZ I guess though).

I love Chespin and like Chesnaught a lot. Quilladin though? *shudders*

I saw it as an AU where mega evolution originated in Hoenn instead of Kalos separate from the rest of the series. Everyone that exists in the OG universe exists in the new one one way or another.

Why am I wasting time thinking about a fucking Pokemon timeline?

So what's going on in the anime?

Started a new job recently and last I saw Was the fourth episode of Pokémon XYZ which I don't remember.

This is the only good thing Chespin gave us:

tumblr_mgzthhhobv1qc9qp8o1_500.jpg

Kinsei

Banned
First Sylveon and now Chespin. What's with you guys hating good Pokemon lately?

Gen 6 has the worst final form starters and worst Eevee evolution in the series IMO.

It seems we have polar opposite taste when it comes to Pokemon haha. Let me guess, you hate the Vanillite line?

Chase17

Kalos starters are kind of interesting to me.

Chespin is my favorite of the first form (although this is close), Braixen my favorite middle form, and Greninja my favorite final form.

Most gens I kind of lean towards liking one line the most throughout.

Decided to start Black. I beat the first gym so far. I expected to fight all three of the waiters, but I guess you only fight one and it's determined by your starter.

Here's my team so far.

fyBDp5i.png

I wanted panpour over pansear, but didn't know that I would be getting a free monkey before I started, otherwise I would have picked tepig.

You gotta be crazy. I see disgust at the helm here a lot on these forums, but I don't get the context of how it's used majority of them time. How does gross apply to Greninja to you?

I thought the designs were getting worse for the longest and still sort of do, but when I saw Greninja I couldn't hate on that shit. That shit is fly as a motherfucker.

Kinsei

Banned
You gotta be crazy. I see disgust at the helm here a lot on these forums, but I don't get the context of how it's used majority of them time. How does gross apply to Greninja to you?

I thought the designs were getting worse for the longest and still sort of do, but when I saw Greninja I couldn't hate on that shit. That shit is fly as a motherfucker.

The tongue scarf mostly. If it was a scarf of foam like Frogadier has I think I would like Greninja.

Kinsei

Banned
I see the criticism, but I still don't see the line of thinking for the word choice. Why does it inhibit emotion of disgust rather just being critical of a design choice?

Because I look at it and see a creature with a long sticky tongue so big it has to wrap it around its neck because it won't fit in its mouth. That is disgusting to me. If Greninja was less colorful I could totally see it as an enemy in a horror game.

Playing through Red version and damn I don't remember having issues with item management way back then when I played; I have to store everything in the PC

Top Bottom