• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Oh I already have X and Y. And really like it. I did pick pick Froakie but he's now in the PC :p

Right now it's just a team of my favorites (none from the new gens unfortunately, I just can't fall in love with new Pokemon in comparison to the old.)
Although I must say Blastoise (all time fav) and Salamence (top 5) are way too fat in X&Y

they're always fat :p
Not THIS fat. Blastoise is also not a dark enough shade of blue.

Perfection:
009.png

salamence.png

colors yeah, but those sprites still make them look fat!

seriously look at them thighs, they're thick in the "not having quads" variety!
Maybe, but this Blastoise has totally been hitting the treadmill compared to his XY brethren. Much less of a gut.

Salamence you're probably right. But the top down view in XY really shows off how much his got spills out to the sides. :(

Kyzer

Banned
That's probably the best blastoise to date. Closest to the blue version boxart blastoise we all want. XY blastoise looks tubby

Chocobro

Black: Explore the east side of Unova
Black 2: Pokémon World Tournament
X: Looker's thing
AS: Delta Episode

That's it I believe

BW2 and ORAS both have more to do than that- I'd recommend finishing the N side quest in BW2, and ORAS has an absolute pile of Legendaries to go after in the post game.

Don't forget to take on the Black Tower Challenge in Black 2, I advise you to have your Pokemon in the 70's though, especially if you're playing on Challenge mode, otherwise you won't beat it.

Actually the areas before Castelia from B/W are closed off until post-game as well.

Thanks for the replies! I wonder how long it'll take me to get through all of these games.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Maybe, but this Blastoise has totally been hitting the treadmill compared to his XY brethren. Much less of a gut.

Salamence you're probably right. But the top down view in XY really shows off how much his got spills out to the sides. :(

I dunno he still has that stomach

mind you it's not bad, turtles are meant to be fat!

Currently playing Pokemon X.

The levels are weird. I'm not using Exp. Share since that would make the game too easy. But I'm frequently underleveled, even with Wild Pokemon. Not a big issue, but couldn't there be a balance?

I'm going to get Pokemon White 2 since that one I never finished. I was reading that PWT with past Gym Leaders is Japan only, is that correct ?

GoldStarz

Currently playing Pokemon X.

The levels are weird. I'm not using Exp. Share since that would make the game too easy. But I'm frequently underleveled, even with Wild Pokemon. Not a big issue, but couldn't there be a balance?

I'm going to get Pokemon White 2 since that one I never finished. I was reading that PWT with past Gym Leaders is Japan only, is that correct ?
Yeah it's kinda weird, if you use the Exp Share like the game expects you to, you'll become massively overleveled, but if you turn it off you'll have to grind to keep pace. Literally no matter what you choose, the pacing in X/Y is terrible.

Kyzer

Banned
I enjoyed XY because I was finally able to play the way I always wanted to as a kid. Using different teams, catching lots of new Pokemon and training them, etc. Etc.

I actually really enjoyed the first two gyms slow pace, and wish the whole game was like that with lots to explore and other quests and stories going on with gyms being a special rarity and the e4 being the ultimate culmination. Someday, when graphical advancement plateaus, and content becomes king.

Are the 3DS game cart capacities bigger now than they were when XY came out?

GoldStarz

I enjoyed XY because I was finally able to play the way I always wanted to as a kid. Using different teams, catching lots of new Pokemon and training them, etc. Etc.

I actually really enjoyed the first two gyms slow pace, and wish the whole game was like that with lots to explore and other quests and stories going on with gyms being a special rarity and the e4 being the ultimate culmination. Someday, when graphical advancement plateaus, and content becomes king.

I don't normally agree with you, but yeah pretty much this. The beginning of XY is fantastic imo, outside of Viola not getting any real characterization. The Rivals/Friends are introduced and actually seem like they'll be a major part of your journey, you have a really cool side adventure with Shauna. Then after Gym 2 everyone of them except your main 'Rival' (and I use that term losely because I did nothing but wipe the floor with them in most battles) fades into the background, with Tierno and Trevor never really getting their due. Really upsetting. I have to wonder if the team had some kind of creative shift while making the game or something,

XY didn't even get close to maxing out the largest 3DS cart size that has been produced as of now. XY was 1.7 gigs and the largest size 3DS cart that has been released is 4 gigs and supposedly they could do 8 gigs as well, but no dev has.

Also yeah, XY really feels like it starts to rush itself after the second Gym. I don't think the space between each Gym should have been as much as 1 to 2, I do think they should have had more stuff going on between most of them.

Fireblend

Banned
I don't know if it was because I hadn't played a Pokemon game since Pearl, but I loved X/Y to bits, from the pacing to the style to the battles, everything about it came together to make me put well over 120+ hours into the game and ~80 of those were spent just beating the gyms+E4. I swear time must have warped in some way while I played it, because every time I did it felt like I couldn't get enough exploration and even then, 50 hours later I was still reaching new towns/areas full of new stuff. It was such a satisfying experience. I'll agree the friends thing was underutilized, but other than that the game was damn near flawless for me. Really can't wait for Moon/Sun.

I really should get Pokemon OR/AS. The SM announcement has me really wanting to play a new one.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Yeah I really enjoyed the early part of X and Y, till up to the third gym where I felt that the game just fell apart due to bad pacing.

XY didn't even get close to maxing out the largest 3DS cart size that has been produced as of now. XY was 1.7 gigs and the largest size 3DS cart that has been released is 4 gigs and supposedly they could do 8 gigs as well, but no dev has.

As far I am aware no Pokémon game have ever filled up the cart space, except for the original gen 2 games.

Also yeah, XY really feels like it starts to rush itself after the second Gym. I don't think the space between each Gym should have been as much as 1 to 2, I do think they should have had more stuff going on between most of them.

Agreed, the pacing of the region and the story was really bad. as one moment you were in a grassy city, then you go to a desert route, then back to a city then to a swampy route which made it really jarring.

Hopefully the new region in Sun and Moon doesn't suffer from this.

Blastoise fans just continue losing. On the other hand, all three Charizards look amazing in XY.

Being on the losing team for over 20 years must really suck hard.

I dunno at least Blastoise cry is still good in gen 6, Charizard gen 6 cry is just awful as it's a high pitch snarl instead of a deep roar that Charizard normally has, they really need to fix it.

mAqqhGc.png

dat bonnie riding in 10%

Ever since Sun and Moon got announced I am like meh towards Zygarde as I felt disappointed that he's getting skipped over, then again gen 6 disappointed me in every step so it ending in a dud doesn't surprise me.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That's what I wanted to say. I'd hate for Ash to pull a Kanto again. That missing 6th Pokemon sucked. :/

they're either hiding it (like what they did with Hawlucha) or he probably won't have it until after July

maybe Goodra returns

Top Bottom