• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Azuran

Banned
Have they said what abilities they are?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Sturdy for Regirock, Ice Body for Regice, and Light Metal for Registeel. Probably would prefer clear body for all three.

Edit 2: would have been funny if they really had slow start as their hidden ability.

Light Metal is such a piece of crap ability. Poor Registeel.

At least Sturdy has is uses so Regirock is the only one getting something decent here.

katagai

I decided to get back into the series again and wanted to start from the beginning. However, before I go wiping saves and stuff, I wanted to transfer any rare pokemon (and ones I want to keep) to the Poke Bank. From what I understand, transferring pokemon from Gen 4/5 is a one-way trip, and I can only withdraw these pokemon in Gen 6? And will deleting my saves affect my ability to withdraw these pokemon in the future?

Also, I dabbled with creating event pokemon to use on Pearl (since I missed all of them). From what I understand, as long as the stats/abilities check out, it should theoretically get deposited with no issues, correct? As far I remember, I didn't alter them to make them overpowered, just made them to fill out my pokedex.

I decided to get back into the series again and wanted to start from the beginning. However, before I go wiping saves and stuff, I wanted to transfer any rare pokemon (and ones I want to keep) to the Poke Bank. From what I understand, transferring pokemon from Gen 4/5 is a one-way trip, and I can only withdraw these pokemon in Gen 6? And will deleting my saves affect my ability to withdraw these pokemon in the future?

Also, I dabbled with creating event pokemon to use on Pearl (since I missed all of them). From what I understand, as long as the stats/abilities check out, it should theoretically get deposited with no issues, correct? As far I remember, I didn't alter them to make them overpowered, just made them to fill out my pokedex.

transferring up a gen is a one way trip but for transferring from gen 4 to gen 5 you need a black/white/black2/white2 save in the post game

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
info about the movie characters courtesy of Adamant

EkknSZR.png

>Volcanion:
>Lives on the Navel Plateau together with Pokémon that have been injured by humans.
>It's a strong and kind creature that protects other Pokémon, but it really hates humans.
>By unleashing the shockwaves from the steam explosions it causes inside its body, it can generate a dense fog.

>Species: Steam Pokémon
>Type: Fire/Water
>Height: 1.7m
>Weight:195.0kg
>Ability: Water Absorb

cd09jDl.png

>Magearna:
>An artificial Pokémon born 500 years ago in Azoth Kingdom.
>It is said to be carrying an unknown power called the "Soul Heart".
>It currently lives together with Volcanion on the Navel Plateau, far from the kingdom.

>Species: Artificial Pokémon
>Height: 1.0m
>Weight:80.5kg

YaKWSc2.png

>Jarvis:
>A Cabinet Minister of Azoth Kingdom.
>Through the use of Mystery Science, he has invented a device that can force Pokémon to mega evolve.
>He plots to rule the kingdom by using Magearna's "Soul Heart".

>Pokémon on Hand:
>White Mega Gangar

L3pmxVJ.png

>Chymia:
>The princess of Azoth Kingdom. Racel's older sister.
>She hates sitting still, and is constantly moving around on her self-operated flying mech.
>She distrusts Minister Jarvis and is secretly investigating his actions.

>Pokémon on Hand:
>Black Mega Sirknight

FSvwwmi.png

>Racel:
>The prince of Azoth Kingdom. Chymia's younger brother.
>He is a quiet boy, the polar opposite of his older sister, and devotes himself to the study of Mystery Science.
>He searches for Magearna, who was created through the use of Mystery Science, for the sake of the kingdom's prosperity.

>Pokémon on Hand:
>Peroream

Ybrrf54.png

>Doga/Ether:
>Jarvis' subordinates.
>They control the army of mega evolved Pokémon.

pqm8QEd.png

>Éliphas:
>An expert on Mystery Science that gave birth to Magearna 500 year ago.
>He successfully created a multitude of inventions based on Pokémon's capabilities which enriched Azoth Kingdom.

And he notes that chymia is latin of alchemy, racel is from Paracelsus, and Éliphas from Éliphas Lévi

I wonder what dub name will they use for "Mystery Science".

Boss Doggie

HQ trailer

Holy shit today's episode was manly!

HAWLUCHA WAS STOMPING ZAPDOS! And he was winning too had not Noibat distracted him! AND NOIVERN BOOMBURSTED ZAPDOS FOR THE KILL!

next week ep, well looks like unlike Diglett we actually see Binacle without the rock! So apparently the only reason the rock exists in the games is to make sure you have two binacle!

Boss Doggie

ed1.gif

275.gif

7ac.gif

envymj.gif

073.gif

And yes, Noivern pretty much DEFEATED Zapdos.

Also Hawlucha too, you don't see this shit in Pokemon a lot

lnupdu.gif

Hawlucha was winning the fight but Noibat didn't leave with Ash so he kept telling the kid to move away, making his back open from Zapdos's Thunder.

Ugh, Volcanion is so dumb.

I actually like that he sounds like a big roughneck/thug which isn't the norm for legendaries

Are the showcase episodes bad? I've only seen the once where Fennekin trips and thought that episode was pretty good.
Not at all very lighthearted and fun. No battling so people go into a hyperbole about it. At least it gives serena something to do and she actually seems very good at it

The only time she loses are times where unfortunate mistakes happened not so match because of skill

Daemul

Are the showcase episodes bad? I've only seen the once where Fennekin trips and thought that episode was pretty good.

The problem is the episodes are predictable as all hell. As someone once summarised, each Showcase is a variant of one of the two scenario's below;

-Serena enters Tripokalon
-One of her rivals is also there
-Serena passes the first round
-One of her Pokemon falls over itself
-She loses the second round

Or:

-DoriDori plays in the second round
-She wins even though there were better overall performances there

It's so fucking old at this point that I just want it done.

The problem is the episodes are predictable as all hell. As someone once summarised, each Showcase is a variant of one of the two scenario's below;

-One of her Pokemon falls over itself
-She loses the second round

Or:

-DoriDori plays in the second round
-She wins even though there were better overall performances there

Thats ash's entire journey tho lol Pokemon is pretty much predictable

Daemul

Thats ash's entire journey tho lol Pokemon is pretty much predictable

I want Ash replaced as well but the dude lucked out(or got screwed over depending on your view) and has the franchise mascot as his best friend and soul mate, so that's not happening anytime soon.

The main problem with the Showcases is that because Serena spent ages trying to discover what she wanted to do and entered into the showcase scene late(she didn't make her show case debut until episode 60 ffs, 60!!!!!!), that they had to rush through them somewhat to make sure there was time for more to fill in the more important stuff like the gym challenges, new captures, the currently on going Team Flare arc etc, and so copy pasting the storylines was the quickest way to do that.

If the writers hadn't fucked around and had given her the goal from day one, it probably would have been better done and I wouldn't be ranting like an idiot right now.

i think the ones where she loses give great character development for her

there's been a total of 4 showcases she has entered spread over 60+ episodes, so i'm really sorry to hear your patience for this stuff is so short

Hey, no knocking the Showcases. If we are to have Serena taking up space, let's not get rid of the few episodes where she's actually semi-relevant.

Christ, what were they thinking of Serena? Talk about an inert and static character.

Chase17

I kind of liked Serena's doesn't know what she want to do trait early in the series. Thought it worked pretty well when they did highlight it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You know I'm doing my write-up for Giratina right now and I realize that in XY Zygarde's chamber contains the three Creation Trio Orbs---

Then there's the supposed connection it has with Arceus due to the "1,000 arms/1,000 arrows" link.

Imagine if Sun and Moon has nothing to do with Zygarde, but then he returns with a vengeance in the Diamond and Pearl remakes?

I kind of liked Serena's doesn't know what she want to do trait early in the series. Thought it worked pretty well when they did highlight it.

i liked that too, thought it would be interesting if they had a character try out everything cause she didn't know what to do, a nice contrast to the previous female companions

while i wasn't super thrilled she is basically doing another contest at first, i liked they are still using it to give her character development

Weebos

Banned
You know I'm doing my write-up for Giratina right now and I realize that in XY Zygarde's chamber contains the three Creation Trio Orbs---

Then there's the supposed connection it has with Arceus due to the "1,000 arms/1,000 arrows" link.

Imagine if Sun and Moon has nothing to do with Zygarde, but then he returns with a vengeance in the Diamond and Pearl remakes?

Could be a pretty cool "Delta Episode", Arceus vs Zygarde?

Mr-Joker

Banned

I like how X and Y really made evolution look cool, really captures the time when Ash's Chimchar evolved into Monferno.

I would be very disappointed if Zygarde gets skipped over in Pokémon Sun and Moon.

Random rant: I do wish hacked Pokemon weren't so prevalent. I mean, I understand why so many competitive players resort to using them due to convenience, but for someone like me who greatly enjoys the collection and trading aspect of Pokemon, it pretty much kills off the "economy." What's the point in trading a shiny that I encountered after hundred of hours of gameplay, or breeding near perfect Pokemon when that process is completely trivialized by someone who can create the perfect Pokemon in a matter of minutes. Kind of kills that aspect of the series for me.

Based on what I've read this is a very divisive issue as some people just flat out don't care whether or not the Pokemon they trade/use are hacked. The thing is, I don't care what people do in regards to their single player experience, but considering it affects the multiplayer portion of the game, then yeah. It's kind of a bummer.

I'm playing Black and I forgot pokemon can't learn moves after they evolved with a stone and I used the Moon Stone on my Munna when I guy gave one to me in Castelia City. Is there a way I can teach it Dream Eater?

Xux

I'm playing Black and I forgot pokemon can't learn moves after they evolved with a stone and I used the Moon Stone on my Munna when I guy gave one to me in Castelia City. Is there a way I can teach it Dream Eater?
After becoming Champion, you can go to the basement of the Dreamyard and get the TM.

Top Bottom