• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Xux

I'm at the beginning of the game and I have to wait until I beat it? What kind of dumb ass shit is that?
You messed up pretty bad; it takes awhile to fix it. You can catch another Munna and then get another Moon Stone before it should learn Psychic and Dream Eater, if you want. Or there's other Psychic Pokemon.

ed1.gif

275.gif

7ac.gif

envymj.gif

073.gif

And yes, Noivern pretty much DEFEATED Zapdos.

Also Hawlucha too, you don't see this shit in Pokemon a lot

lnupdu.gif

Hawlucha was winning the fight but Noibat didn't leave with Ash so he kept telling the kid to move away, making his back open from Zapdos's Thunder.

I actually like that he sounds like a big roughneck/thug which isn't the norm for legendaries

I love mons with actual pecs and v-shaped torsos.

...All 4 of them.

But seriously Noivern's my favorite Gen VI mon, so glad it finally got its time to shine. Now pls put him in Pokken 2 thx

I like how X and Y really made evolution look cool, really captures the time when Ash's Chimchar evolved into Monferno.

I would be very disappointed if Zygarde gets skipped over in Pokémon Sun and Moon.

Noivern is skinny though

Noivern is surprisingly manly. :p

I think I probably should get a manly Noivern avvy next time around.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Random rant: I do wish hacked Pokemon weren't so prevalent. I mean, I understand why so many competitive players resort to using them due to convenience, but for someone like me who greatly enjoys the collection and trading aspect of Pokemon, it pretty much kills off the "economy." What's the point in trading a shiny that I encountered after hundred of hours of gameplay, or breeding near perfect Pokemon when that process is completely trivialized by someone who can create the perfect Pokemon in a matter of minutes. Kind of kills that aspect of the series for me.

Based on what I've read this is a very divisive issue as some people just flat out don't care whether or not the Pokemon they trade/use are hacked. The thing is, I don't care what people do in regards to their single player experience, but considering it affects the multiplayer portion of the game, then yeah. It's kind of a bummer.

Hacked Pokémon is the one reason why I don't bother with the meta game, I am not going to bother raising a Pokémon legit just to end up facing against someone who cheated by hacking their Pokémon and I refused to scoop to their level and just cheat.

Noivern is surprisingly manly. :p

Yeah I really want to use Noivern on my team but I haven't been able to find a way to slot him in as Noibat evolves far too late or just found late in the game.

Hopefully I can find a way to add him in Pokémon Sun and Moon.

Carbonox

Haven't posted here before but then I haven't touched anything to do with Pokemon since Black came out on the DS.

The announcements of Pokemon Sun and Moon got me interested again along with a friend of mine telling me how entertaining the XY series is. The latter I was a bit skeptical about and I hadn't see an episode of the anime since....geez....the Johto saga maybe? Or the Hoenn one, either way it's been a looooooong time.

Either way, due to the bits and pieces above and the fact it's the 20th anniversary I decided to research in to the latest generation on the 3DS, actually buying a 3DS so I can catch up, and even decided to start watching the XY series. I felt that Pokemon vibe creeping up on me again after it being a few years since I laid eyes on anything to do with the franchise.

I even fired up Pokemon Black on the DS again until I get round to picking up a 3DS later on this month. Having a blast though I remembered how I wasn't too fond of this gen's starter selection but no matter, I'm having fun again.

Have to say, I'm enjoying the franchise all over again. Really looking forward to playing X/Y and returning to Hoenn in ORAS after reading up everything, and I'm actually enjoying the anime again when I thought I wouldn't. The XY series is legitimately hilarious stuff and the mega evolution sequences and battles are really entertaining. I genuinely didn't expect to enjoy the anime as much as I have been given how long I haven't seen it for. Consider me pleasantly surprised. Only 31/32 episodes in, mind (the batch of episodes focused around that one gym leader's Lucario and getting it to mega evolve). Speaking of which, fucking hell was that Mega Lucario feral as fuck, smashing Pikachu's face in to the floor. Was brutal.

So yeah, I might dive in here every now and then but just wanted to get my feelings out that this brand can power through the times and grab you still when you least expect it. Last week I was focused on Uncharted and Pokemon hadn't entered my mind even once for a few years! Then boom...

true enough I suppose, you need big chest muscles for flying
While we're at it, let's list off every mon we can think of that has both pecs and a v-shaped torso (for example, Haxorus has pecs but I wouldn't call its torso "v-shaped". Similarly, Mewtwo has a v-shaped torso I guess but those are more bone than pecs):

250px-067Machoke.png

machamp.jpg

250px-715Noivern.png

Machoke and Machamp are clearly based off of body builders. Noivern has more of a basketball player build; skinny, long limbs, but clear muscle definition going on there.

Does Alakzam count? Who knows, maybe? But he'd need to take his shit off for us to know if he's fraudulent or not
250px-065Alakazam.png

...I am so missing some lol

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Do we know what realworld location the Volcanion movie is drawing from?

Apparently the plateau where Volcanion comes from is Nebel Plateau (German for "fog"), so somewhere in Germany?

Finally beat the third gym and Bianca with this team.

JZVgJLP.png

Found out that Bianca uses a Munna too, so now I want to drop my Mrs. Magic, but now I'm without a main. What could I use to replace this? I want a three stage pokemon and preferably a psychic.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
CoroCoro is apparently coming earlier this month (11th) but I don't know what to expect...

Going by XY March gave us nothing about the games, and I don't expect us to get anything of value after the Pokemon Direct blueballed us. I imagine the biggest news will probably be about Volcanion's distribution and possibly some more info on Magearna (Type?) and nothing more.

But maybe it'll be a surprise...

ed1.gif

275.gif

7ac.gif

envymj.gif

073.gif

And yes, Noivern pretty much DEFEATED Zapdos.

Also Hawlucha too, you don't see this shit in Pokemon a lot

lnupdu.gif

Hawlucha was winning the fight but Noibat didn't leave with Ash so he kept telling the kid to move away, making his back open from Zapdos's Thunder.

I actually like that he sounds like a big roughneck/thug which isn't the norm for legendaries

Holy fuck.. I've taken a lo ng break from the series. I need to watch this. Is it on youtube? Did Ash catch a sixth Pokémon yet?

CoroCoro is apparently coming earlier this month (11th) but I don't know what to expect...

Going by XY March gave us nothing about the games, and I don't expect us to get anything of value after the Pokemon Direct blueballed us. I imagine the biggest news will probably be about Volcanion's distribution and possibly some more info on Magearna (Type?) and nothing more.

I'm not expecting anything, and I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get anything in April either.

Anything we get between now and them showing off the game properly in May or June is probably going to be tied into the movie, and I'm not seeing any more new designs bar another Magearna form in it.

Watching Pokemon origins right now and it annoys me how dumb they make Red seem. He's ignorant on the most basic shit about Pokemon. He didn't even know about gyms and it looked like he was watching a battle at the beginning of the movie.

It will have the SM logos, and possibly some new nugget of information.

Still beats the legendary gap between the first and second gyms in XY.

That gap was marvellous- emphasised exploring the region, and all of the cool areas between Santalune and Cyllage.

The real problem was the fact that the gap was followed by half the region's gyms essentially being in consecutive towns, with little-to-no exploration in between. If they'd created a Pokémon game big enough to facilitate gaps like that between 1 and 2 that would have been brilliant, but as it is the game's whole progression is top-heavy and overbalanced.

Qurupeke

I really hope CoroCoro will have the first screenshot or some new info on S&M, but I kinda doubt it. Probably the next issue.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I doubt we'd get any info in Coro Coro.

Holy fuck.. I've taken a lo ng break from the series. I need to watch this. Is it on youtube? Did Ash catch a sixth Pokémon yet?

Avoid dub, look for a certain anime streaming site that has the eps subbed (gogoanime was it?). Otherwise you can find them in nyaa.

And no, unless they've been hiding his sixth like how they hid Hawlucha in Diancie trailers, he seem to have only 5 mons for now.

Blue-kun

In anticipation for Sun/Moon I started replaying X (because I still want to believe in those south Kalos theories, clearly, haha) and I'm having a nice time. It gets a lot of flak but I think overall Kalos is in itself a cool looking region and the fashion stuff in particular really pleases me.

To make things more interesting I'm going with a full Ground team, too! Got the fifth badge and so far have a Nidoqueen, Rhyhorn, Gabite and Krookodile. Originally thought about having a Gastrodon and a Gliscor, but I guess you can't get a Gastrodon til after you beat the game, so it might be replaced by a Quagsire.

This whole thing has made me realize how slow, both stat-wise and just overall progression-wise, Ground mons are. Terrible attacks early on, low accuracy on a bunch of them too, haha. Some fights had me going for the Sand-Attack and Swagger and other debuffs to actually survive, which was nice.

Top Bottom