• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Chase17

man Magikarp Festival sounds good, i wanna hear more of Pokken OST
That sounds really good. Hopefully the rest of the soundtrack is solid. Have you decided on a title for the OT?
p9qi2J2.jpg

can't wait for gif version of this
Hopefully there's room for Goodra to get in there.

Also, if there was one thing the last direct was missing it was a F2P Pokémon game. Good to see that missing piece being found for smartphones in Japan.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
there we go

2ce.gif

also today's ep was hilarious but has some intense moments

763.gif
3cd.gif

325.gif
e1e.gif

c5d.gif

also it has a really dark intro where we see Z-2 getting experimented to the point where it was screaming! That's why we got no Pokemon Z!

fixed that for you.

Shota already has a honedge tho

there we go

2ce.gif

also today's ep was hilarious but has some intense moments

763.gif
3cd.gif

325.gif
e1e.gif

c5d.gif

also it has a really dark intro where we see Z-2 getting experimented to the point where it was screaming! That's why we got no Pokemon Z!

Crap!! I forgot. Damn you shota! Ash could've had the smogon trio. Alright than bergmite it is than

Mr-Joker

Banned
p9qi2J2.jpg

can't wait for gif version of this

Noivern is cool but I can't bring myself to get all excited about Ash's Kalos team when it's just so boring, 3 flying type is not exciting.

Why does he have so many flying types?

Because someone on the writing team has a hard-on for flying types.

Paul had a Gliscor and Torterra but that didn't stop Ash getting one either.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I usually enjoy fake leaks, y'know they can be a fun little way to wait for CoroCoro, but I gotta say that /vp/ has gone totally nuts this time around---

The fact we've got like nothing yet from CoroCoro makes me feel like there's nothing worth leaking anyway...though I'm not too surprised. Definitely don't expect the Starters like people are trying to fake.

Inukage

I usually enjoy fake leaks, y'know they can be a fun little way to wait for CoroCoro, but I gotta say that /vp/ has gone totally nuts this time around---

The fact we've got like nothing yet from CoroCoro makes me feel like there's nothing worth leaking anyway...though I'm not too surprised. Definitely don't expect the Starters like people are trying to fake.

Yeah /vp/ have gone quite crazy with fake CoroCoro leaks, I'm loving all the fake Nintendo Reps or "My X works for X" threads.

I just want that owl looking grass starter to be real, no es fake!

Is PokeBank worth it? For the past few days since completing Omega Ruby I want to do another playthrough but I already have Mew and Celebi on my game.

Yes. You'll need it when Sun and Moon come around late this year anyways.

I personally have two Banks. <3
Long story.

Well the issue is debating whether to capture an eevee and/or feebas right now and store them into the PokeBank then withdraw them out so I can have at start. What I don't want is the boosted xp as my second potential playthrough will be without exp share (I don't want to breeze through it).

For that you'd want to breed eggs and then trade them to someone here to trade back to you once you get far enough in the game. Then you'd have to hatch the eggs but then you'd be the OT.

Zalman

So I was just browsing Bulbapedia and there's something that's been on my mind lately regarding the anime. Why is it that both Kanto and Johto are considered to be a part of the original series? Shouldn't it just be Kanto and the Orange League? I've seen this term used before too, but I don't get why we group those two generations together.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
why are you browsing anime-related to Bulba

anyway yeah, it is OS up to the Silver Conference. Even Orange Islands is considered OS.

Holy shit lol. Just haxed the hell out of Lance to beat the Johto league with my Dewgong. Somehow outsped (??) and proceeded to freeze his final Dragonite with Ice Beam. This is after his second one missed Thunder and the first missed Dragon Rush. Bear in mind, his Aerodactyl ravaged my entire team and left Dewgong at like 20hp causing me to pretty much give up.\. His last, Charizard, couldn't touch me but missed an Air Slash just to add insult to injury. Healed up and took it out for the win.

This Dewgong is legit my favourite Pokemon now. I would have had to spend hours grinding if not for his luck.

Seil

So, apparently leaks are supposed to happen tonight right? That's what I got from my short visit to /vp/ earlier

It does tend to leak 3-5 days before release, so it's possible. Dunno if I'd say to expect it tonight, though, just because. And even then, I'd never recommend getting hopes up as far as leaks go haha.

Nothing Sun/Moon, or movie, in CoroCoro this month from the looks.

Waaaaaaat.
I thought they'd at least have a thing about trading Volcanion up to Sun and Moon or something, or at least acknowledging that the games were announced. .
I really hope we don't end up waiting until May to see the games...

JoeM86

It still could happen. The person I got the CoroCoro images from this month for TCG and Tretta is the one who said no Sun/Moon or movie news, but the images came from his friend. For all we know, his friend is trolling him (though I doubt that).

JoeM86

Gematsu got tricked by some fake scans.

Ah, I LOVE the early buildup towards a new generation.

Anyone with knowledge of Japanese (or CoroCoro) could see it's fake. Gematsu typically does good stuff and I was sure their writers knew Japanese. Not sure how that could happen.

ash_ag

If they're not even acknowledging Sun and Moon this month, May's looking like best case scenario for me. Hell, maybe they wait for E3.

Yeah, E3 really isn't out of the realm of possibilities this time. Unlike the "Late 2016" release window given in the US/EU/AU Directs, Asian regions have been promised a "Winter 2016" release, which can technically only be in December. It was also reaffirmed in the games intro video from Daisuki Club's new mini-site:

C6AvCiW.gif

That's not to say late November is really that far-off from "Winter", but stating different dates is a bit suspect. It's not like SM are for new hardware that may have a different release date in the west vs. Japan.

Or are they? :eek:

The art and game screens did at least look vaguely convincing at first glance, in fairness, but the layout looks nothing like any Coro Coro scan I've ever seen.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I did like the Fire bear and Water lizard starter, but the trainer art gave it away for me. The girls posture was wrong, she was too hunched over. There was just something off about it, but hell, Im still in the for the ride next month in case we dont get any news this one. Its amazing the lengths people go for to create a fake, all for the sake of trolling people. I dont know whether I'm peeved or laughing during the "leaks" haha.

JoeM86

Found em, they're somewhat convincing from an art standpoint, how jumbled is the Japanese?

Ridiculous. It's like it has been put through Google Translate. The grammar is well off. There's no furigana over the kanji and they even seemed to make up a Japanese symbol.

JoeM86

Yeah, E3 really isn't out of the realm of possibilities this time. Unlike the "Late 2016" release window given in the US/EU/AU Directs, Asian regions have been promised a "Winter 2016" release, which can technically only be in December. It was also reaffirmed in the games intro video from Daisuki Club's new mini-site:

C6AvCiW.gif

That's not to say late November is really that far-off from "Winter", but stating different dates is a bit suspect. It's not like SM are for new hardware that may have a different release date in the west vs. Japan.

Or are they? :eek:

I believe the Japanese ORAS announcement also said Winter 2016.

I think you're reading too much into it.

They're also definitely not going to release the games elsewhere before Japan.

I believe the Japanese ORAS announcement also said Winter 2016.

I think you're reading too much into it.

They're also definitely not going to release the games elsewhere before Japan.

Yep, Holiday and Winter are interchangeable for video game marketing. Games marketing doesn't actually line up with when the actual seasons start. An example is that all of September is typically counted as Fall for games.

Delio

Nothing Sun/Moon, or movie, in CoroCoro this month from the looks.

That's pretty sad not going to lie. But Ah well I hope the gameplay reveal is amazing when they do get around to it.

Also I really liked the fake Grass starter and the Fire one. But as others said that damn trainer art gave it away.

ash_ag

You guys are probably right. Now that I think about it 'Late 2016' may be used in the Western PR to accommodate Australia. I've seen the press being confused by Australian "Summer" dates a few times, but 'Late' is pretty unambiguous.

L.O.R.D

first FAKE leak for the starters and the heroes

CdQ4LIVWEAAgbep.jpg

CdQ4LUBWEAAzeJR.jpg

CdQ4LdRWAAEmQlx.jpg

CdQ4LoRWIAA8O8b.jpg

i don't know what they were thinking when they made this leak , it's obvious 100% fake.

If they're gonna wait until May or June to show the games I hope we at least have a big blow out, show the starters, the mascots and a handful of new Pokemon beyond those.
So maybe a total of 10ish Pokemon revealed with the mascots and starters counting towards that. And then along with those show the player characters, a location or two, and maybe an NPC or two.

salromano

Anyone with knowledge of Japanese (or CoroCoro) could see it's fake. Gematsu typically does good stuff and I was sure their writers knew Japanese. Not sure how that could happen.

(Gematsu's only writer here.) I saw jin115 post it. I've also been awake for 24+ hours now. I should probably go to sleep soon.

Also, thank you for the compliment. <3

Top Bottom