• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Daemul

I had just woken up when I checked for any Pokemon news so the fake Corocoro leak fooled me at first since I wasn't paying attention to detail, but once I had taken a shower and had some breakfast and took another look at the leak I realized it was fake.

Damn the person who did this
KuGsj.gif

Nightbird

What's the point in announcing it in February if you are not going to show anything until June.

Just because it's the anniversary doesn't excuse this poor showing for me -.-

JoeM86

I had just woken up when I checked for any Pokemon news so the fake Corocoro leak fooled me at first since I wasn't paying attention to detail, but once I had had a shower and breakfast and took another look at the leak I realized it was fake.

Damn the person who did this
KuGsj.gif

Thing is, this seems to have been the long game.

The person had been making the bullshit for a while, leaking the ideas, then some sketches etc. to try and set the idea of it before the big reveal today.

if only his Japanese hadn't sucked, more people would be fooled.

i'm still laughing at the poor typesetting on that fake, like
クサタ
イプ
ahahahaha
三匹のカロスをポケモンリターン

Rough English translation: "Pokémon Return 3 animals' Kalos" No, "Pokémon Return" isn't a verb there. It's supposed to be, but it doesn't have the grammar needed to be a verb so it's just a proper noun written in katakana.

WHAT THE EVERLIVING FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

三匹のカロスをポケモンリターン

Rough English translation: "Pokémon Return 3 animals' Kalos" No, "Pokémon Return" isn't a verb there. It's supposed to be, but it doesn't have the grammar needed to be a verb so it's just a proper noun written in katakana.

Also isn't Pokémon always written as ポケットーモンスタ in Japan rather than ポケモン?

Or do they sometimes refer to it as Pokémon in CoroCoro/other news?

Nightbird

Mainline games like Sun/Moon are alyways called ポケットーモンスタ. ポケモン is the name for spin offs.

Game titles, yes. But the mons themselves are called Pokémon. So that part is correct in this case.

They don't, however, write "return" in katakana. That's not how Japanese works lol

Cathcart

lol, why is Platinum 150 dollars on Amazon? It can't really sell for that much, right?

Holy balls, FireRed is 300. Who pays that? Looks like it is much cheaper than ebay.

lol, why is Platinum 150 dollars on Amazon? It can't really sell for that much, right?

Holy balls, FireRed is 300. Who pays that? Looks like it is much cheaper than ebay.

FireRed is understandable as Nintendo systems no longer support GBA game cartridges, same thing happened with OG R/B/G/Y and to an extent G/S where the DS didn't do backwards compatibility with those games.

Not sure how Platinum is going for that much considering you can still play it on a 3DS

Even used copies are more than what I paid for it new.

For comparison, my like-new Japanese copy was $14 with prime shipping. English copies are very inflated for some reason.

三匹のカロスをポケモンリターン

only the one who made this knows what the shit is he trying to tell in that line lol
That scans that appear of the new pokemon are fake?
yes

Could someone tell me why I can't get Celebi? I try and get it from the Internet but it says I already got the event, when I haven't.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently it was in a que with the Hoopa I got beforehand.

he was probably trying to make a pun
I think he was trying to say "The three starters from Kalos are returning!" but failed miserably.

It's pretty similar to some of the shit I saw back in Japanese class in high school TBH. Let's just say I was not surprised at who dropped out after year 2 and who stayed onto year 3...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Can anyone help me help a friend?

His 1700 hour long X save got corrupted and I've been trying to fix it to no avail. I can replace a lot of what he lost but I need help tracking down Hidden Ability Kalos Pokémon.

Can anyone help me help a friend?

His 1700 hour long X save got corrupted and I've been trying to fix it to no avail. I can replace a lot of what he lost but I need help tracking down Hidden Ability Kalos Pokémon.
Give us a list and we'll probably be able to get a lot of that shit to you very quickly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Give us a list and we'll probably be able to get a lot of that shit to you very quickly.

Alright, here goes.

Chespin
Fennekin
Froakie
Scatterbug
Litleo
Skiddo
Espurr
Spritzee
Swirlix
Inkay
Binacle
Skrelp
Helioptile
Tyrunt
Amaura
Hawlucha
Dedenne
Carbink
Goomy
Klefki
Phantump
Pumpkaboo
Bergmite
Noibat

GoldStarz

Even used copies are more than what I paid for it new.

For comparison, my like-new Japanese copy was $14 with prime shipping. English copies are very inflated for some reason.

Do they really sell for that much? *glances over at DS Pokemon games*
Do people really buy them for that much? ;>_>

Do they really sell for that much? *glances over at DS Pokemon games*
Do people really buy them for that much? ;>_>
Depends on the game. Pt and HGSS tend to be like $40 to $60 used though iirc

New copies are the expensive ones but even then Japanese new copies are a lot more reasonable.

GoldStarz

Depends on the game. Pt and HGSS tend to be like $40 to $60 used though iirc

New copies are the expensive ones but even then Japanese new copies are a lot more reasonable.

Huh, I wonder if I should just transfer all my SS/Pt mons over to B/W and then sell them online then. Might be a nice $120. ^^

Rizzi

I like how early Platinum lets you catch a Psyduck. Roark's Cranidos is fucking my shit up with its headbutt though.

Oh thank God, we start getting reveals next month.
Also, Joe, you have a typo on your site for the info about CoroCoro for Sun and Moon, you said "April 15rg 2016". Just thought I'd point that out.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Sweet, I was starting to think no news until E3, but held out hope.
Man, Pokemon hype does something to you.

Ydelnae

I don't think that it will happen, but if we start getting more artworks of Pokémon/Characters/Region reveal with no in-game footage, I would begin suspecting that they're really bringing the game also to NX and they rather show both versions with NX's taking the focus on marketing.

I don't think that it will happen, but if we start getting more artworks of Pokémon/Characters/Region reveal with no in-game footage, I would begin suspecting that they're really bringing the game also to NX and they rather show both versions with NX's taking the focus on marketing.
I doubt it will be cross gen, but I would love it to be. The only way I can see it being cross gen is if Nintendo is providing massive support to make it so because they want a new Gen of Pokémon on their new system early on.

Nightbird

I can see Nintendo at least try to convince GF to put SM on the NX too.
The last time something like that happened, it didn't went that well. In the end Nintendo had to pull the 3DS out of the dirt themselves before GF appeared.
Nintendo can foot the bill for ports, and I am sure will do that without thinking a second time about it should they have the possibility to do so.

I can see Nintendo at least try to convince GF to put SM on the NX too.
The last time something like that happened, it didn't went that well. In the end Nintendo had to pull the 3DS out of the dirt themselves before GF appeared.
Nintendo can foot the bill for ports, and I am sure will do that without thinking a second time about it should they have the possibility to do so.

It really only is Nintendo's situation that makes me think that the games being cross gen is even a possibility. Nintendo is in a position where they need to hit it out of the park with the first year of the NX family of systems so I could totally see them either throwing extra money GameFreak's way to port it, offering to port the games themselves, or hiring a third party to port the games to NX to secure a huge title early in the system's life. Again, I don't expect this in the slightest, but I would love it to happen and it certainly isn't impossible and makes a lot of sense from Nintendo's side.

Ydelnae

If the games are coming to NX, Game Freak themselves will develop the port. I don't see a third party or even another Nintendo studio porting the game to another system. While I think an NX version is more likely to happen now than when BW were announced, GF would have to handle both versions.

If S&M end up being 3DS only, then it makes me wonder what the future of Gen 7 will be. Will the next Gen 7 game (be it D&P remakes, S&M sequels, S&M third version, etc) also be 3DS for compatibility purposes so they don't break the generation in half? Will we have another BW->XY situation with Gen 7 being released on 3DS even if NX is already out and then Gen 8 arriving late in NX's life? And if S&M end up being 3DS&NX, will the next games also be released for 3DS or will they drop its support and be NX only?

If the games are coming to NX, Game Freak themselves will develop the port. I don't see a third party or even another Nintendo studio porting the game to another system. While I think an NX version is more likely to happen now than when BW were announced, GF would have to handle both versions.

If S&M end up being 3DS only, then it makes me wonder what the future of Gen 7 will be. Will the next Gen 7 game (be it D&P remakes, S&M sequels, S&M third version, etc) also be 3DS for compatibility purposes so they don't break the generation in half? Will we have another BW->XY situation with Gen 7 being released on 3DS even if NX is already out and then Gen 8 arriving late in NX's life? And if S&M end up being 3DS&NX, will the next games also be released for 3DS or will they drop its support and be NX only?

If Sun and Moon are 3DS only I would not be surprised in the slightest if the generation consists of nothing more than Sun and Moon and we get Gen 8 in late 2018 or early 2019. If it is cross gen I bet all of the main series games of Gen 7 are cross gen and then they drop 3DS with Gen 8.

Chase17

I think the rumours are that the NX handheld won't be out next year. So if they hold onto the mainline games on portable systems it may have to be a late port. Of course, that mentality could change and they could put it on NX console first.

I would be happy to see it be cross platform.

I think the rumours are that the NX handheld won't be out next year. So if they hold onto the mainline games on portable systems it may have to be a late port. Of course, that mentality could change and they could put it on NX console first.

I would be happy to see it be cross platform.

If the handheld comes out next year and the systems really do share their library releasing Sun and Moon on NX before the NX handheld comes out would actually be kinda smart on Nintendo's part. It would answer the demand people have had for a console Pokemon game while not denying it a handheld release (it'd be 3DS at launch and then NX handheld compatible in the following year) and would help build up a console user base for Pokemon as well.

If both the NX systems share the same library I can see Game Freak locking the games to portable only.

That would be dumb and pointless, there is literally no reason to do that. Game Freak just doesn't want to create a console exclusive Pokemon game, if the platform they released a game on made it near effortless to make a game work on both console and handheld I see no reason why they would needlessly lock the game to one device, ESPECIALLY if the big draw of the NX platform is a shared library.

Ydelnae

That would be dumb and pointless, there is literally no reason to do that. Game Freak just doesn't want to create a console exclusive Pokemon game, if the platform they released a game on made it near effortless to make a game work on both console and handheld I see no reason why they would needlessly lock the game to one device, ESPECIALLY if the big draw of the NX platform is a shared library.

I neither want the games to be locked at portable only neither I am defending it, but I think that their reasoning would be that Pokémon is a franchise made to interact with friends, to battle and trade Pokémon on the outside and that it should be on the go. Like, I know that nowadays you can trade and battle everywhere in the world without leaving your house using the wi-fi features, but I feel like GF isn't practically fond on the idea of taking the portable concept of the series out.

Like, the NX portable version would be always there as an alternative for those who want to carry their Pokémon everywhere and interact with other players on the go, and players wouldn't be forced to play the console version of the game, but I still feel like GF would be somehow opposed to it, knowing their line of thinking after all these years. Maybe they can surprise me, I don't know.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
also manga scans of the movie is hilarious, Ash is having the usual random movie trainer battle, and he was winning, until Volcanion randomly drops on top of him lol

even TCG is riding the Zygarde train, Squishy is a TRAINER card rather than a pokemon card though, but has a "deal 200 damage in each cell" effect when played

Wow, going from Soul Silver back to Omega Ruby is mind blowing. Everything is so smooth and snappy and the game is beautiful.

Yeah, Kanto in HGSS is kind of a boring, pointless slog. Thought I'd have more fun breeding some gen II starters in ORAS and I was right. Gen VI is just too good.

anyone want to help me out with getting a protein froakie? or even a decent IV ditto?

i bought a new 3DS XL last year and lost 100 hours on X because i botched the system transfer (used 2 different SD cards and the SD card that did get transferred didn't have the X save on it, which i bought from the eshop)

ended up losing a lot of good pokemon but the 5IV protean froakie i bred stung the most.

Atheerios

Remember: we're talking about Game Freak, the same company that disabled Miiverse screenshots in their games for no reason, disabled 3D in their 3DS games and also have huge performance issues on the sixth gen games.

Top Bottom