• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Carbonox

I picked up a 3DS and Pokemon X last week. First Pokemon game I've played since Black and I'm enjoying it - and the changes introduced - a lot.

I've also been doing some research in to the whole breeding aspect of the game and while I'm aware of how extensive it is I'm interested in giving it a try for at least one Pokemon just to experience the process (and see how it goes I guess). Saying that, would it best to focus on that once I get OR/AS? Or is it still fine with proceeding with this in X? Or it really doesn't matter either way...?

The Friend Safari looks to be a good way of getting Pokemon with Hidden Abilities but I'd imagine it would just be easier to trade than get the friends and whatnot required to get the typing environments I need?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Okay, time to give back to the community.

Quote for US Mew code (works on XY/ORAS). First come first serve.

Chase17

So... how is everyone finding Pokkén?
Really enjoying it! Surprisingly so since I've never been big on fighting games outside of smash. Only been a few day and it's already climbing pretty high on my list of favorite spin off games!

Really curious to see how it sells. Hoping it does well as I'd love for there to be DLC and/or future instalments. Should have our first idea of how it did in Japan on Wednesday I think.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So... how is everyone finding Pokkén?

Surprised just how in depth the game is and made me realised that I don't have any experience with 3D fighting game.

I was originally going to make Pokkén a side game while I play Twilight Princess HD but I canceled that plan after realising that I would need to invest time into figuring the mechanic of the game and how each Pokémon fight in field and duel phase.

Never done this before for any fighting game, including Smash Bros.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone know where I can get those mythical generation card packs in the UK? The ones with the two packs and the mew pin?

v1perz53

Bah just realized that once this year long mythical pokemon giveaway is over I will only be short Hoopa and Diancie from having a full living dex (minus some pokemon I just don't have all evolution forms of yet). I know I don't need either for the shiny charm but still, frustrating. Especially since I had a perfectly fine copy of XY and ORAS during the giveaways for these two and every ability to get them I was just too lazy at the time because I didn't think I would ever get the other mythical mon like Mew, Celebi and Shaymin. I almost feel like I cheated at this dex though because of how ORAS handled legendaries at the end.

That said, I can't wait until the Meloetta/Genesect part of the giveaway is done so people won't just put things up for Melo/Gene trades as the impossible option.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My-Movie.gif

cf7.gif

well that smile vanished

v1perz53

Yea, D/P doesn't hold up well at all. Platinum is much better, but still has it's issues, and I do struggle to come up with a full ingame team with good type coverage and interesting pokemon I haven't used before. HG/SS hold up really well I think, but that is to be expected of remakes

Also I don't realize how much I appreciate infinite TMs and way less HMs until I go back to gen 4. Playing through each gen's main game for the 20th anniversary (remakes for RSE and GSC) and Plat is the only one where I needed an HM slave as opposed to just wasting some move slots on random pokemon for HMs.

ash_ag

Card Game's XY11 was revealed and it's split between two subsets: Explosive Fighter and Cruel Traitor (PokéBeach translation) or Fever-Burst Fighter and Ruthless Traitor (Serebii translation). They feature Volcanion and Mega Gardevoir respectively.

Poor Squishy isn't getting a dedicated set it seems, unless he is still somewhat relevant by September. Magearna's turn is probably next, but if the anime's Z climax is around September, it could still be in the cards.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Got my Celebii yesterday now I have two Celebii.

Whew, gen 4 is really hard to go back to.

It will interesting replaying gen 4 as that is my favorite gen and the last time I played it was back in 2013.

But it will be a while till I get to gen 4 as I still need to play gen 2 and 3 first and I won't be tackling gen 2 till I have finished Twilight Princess HD.

Fantomex

Question. I played Pokemon SS, Black and then went to Y and now bought Omega Ruby. Is Black 2 worth getting? I was disappointed in how short Y was, and felt Black didn't have enough Pokemon. or should I go straight to Omega Ruby and forget about not playing Black 2.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Welp, I'm inclined to believe some of the leaks now. The water starter in particular is tickling my fancy.

Whoa what leaks?!

Question. I played Pokemon SS, Black and then went to Y and now bought Omega Ruby. Is Black 2 worth getting? I was disappointed in how short Y was, and felt Black didn't have enough Pokemon. or should I go straight to Omega Ruby and forget about not playing Black 2.

Pokémon Black and White 2 are regarded as one of the best Pokémon games and the best part it has tons of Pokémon in the updated Unova Pokédex and it's longer than X and Y.

So I say yes, it's worth picking up.

CJVaughn

Banned
The starter leaks look legit. I could actually see them being starters as opposed to most fan-based fakes. And if they are fake, TPC needs to hire whoever made them

GoldStarz

Seriously, don't talk about supposed leaks and then not link them. How are people supposed to talk about this stuff if we don't have info too?

Ditto for the leaks, I want to see what Pokémon we might be getting for gen 7.

If you live in Europe, pretty easy, if you live outside then you're out of luck unless you import a European Wii U.

I take it that you want to play the Pokkén demo?

Nah, actually I want to review a game that's a Europe exclusive. I guess I'm out of luck on that.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
All the leaks we've ever got that were legit weren't really done in this way---they were usually anonymously posted (and the person didn't stick around to tease folks) or posted by a big name person like WPM or Melkor who could flaunt it. The weird thing the dude on /vp/ is doing with leaking bits and pieces one-by-one without any fame to gain just doesn't fit the usual M.O.

Cassowary looks sweet though.

Kyzer

Banned
All the leaks we've ever got that were legit weren't really done in this way---they were usually anonymously posted (and the person didn't stick around to tease folks) or posted by a big name person like WPM or Melkor who could flaunt it. The weird thing the dude on /vp/ is doing with leaking bits and pieces one-by-one without any fame to gain just doesn't fit the usual M.O.

Cassowary looks sweet though.

Thats the leak?

All the pokemon look too uniformly cool and cute to be real. Pokemon are all over the place, from Dratini to Binacle. I know "looks like digimon" gets thrown around a lot, but I wanna say that about these guys. They do look like high quality art though. And I would love them. lol

Edit: Ok nvm saw the original thread...love that cassowary.

Pokemon Sun/Moon in Brazil ? :p

Top Bottom