• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Boney

Banned
Where the hell is my Pocket Monster Hunter avy Chet. What am I paying you for.
LLShC.gif

I thought that was it?

It certainly looks like he's about to swing a GS

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I love Monster Hunter Tri.

Who doesn't? Plebes that's who.

Billy, EvilMario, and I had a grand time in Tri last night, for anyone here unawares.

I thought that was it?

It certainly looks like he's about to swing a GS

You think Chet's art is that go-

I MEAN, uh, it's a totally different style from Chet. :p And it doesn't have any hint of MH...

Where the hell is my Pocket Monster Hunter avy Chet. What am I paying you for.
LLShC.gif

Did you think I drew these all overnight or something? Besides, I have other things I should be doing.
LeleSocho comes first anyways :p

You think Chet's art is that go-

I MEAN, uh, it's a totally different style from Chet. :p And it doesn't have any hint of MH...
Maybe I just won't bother entirely... :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Did you think I drew these all overnight or something? Besides, I have other things I should be doing.
LeleSocho comes first anyways :p

Maybe I just won't bother entirely... :p

Eh take your time, I just switched avatars so I don't wanna switch soon anyways. :p Would be nice though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Well.. we have this..

328.png
which eventually turns into this
330.png
although both are awesome

And somehow this slender looking Pokemon turns an entirely different color and gains 800lbs.

148.png
to turn to this
149.png

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Remoraid and Octillery actually evolve based on their secondary design...Remoraid's a gun that evolves into a tank.

Makes sense to me. :0

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
And they don't look at all like a gun or a tank...

Nah, I'm serious...Remoraid is based off the archer fish, which fires water like a gun, and its lower fin gives it the impression that it could be held like a gun. That's also why it learns a Grass Attack, Bullet Seed, naturally.

Octillery has legs that give the impression of treads, and a mouth that can fire a variety of attacks (most of its moves are projectile attacks).

Plus there Japanese names are basically "water gun" and "octopus tank".

EDIT: This comic knows what's up
gKy45.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm still annoyed Piplup's later evolution was a Water/Steel. It seemed everyone had an easy way of dealing with it...=(

Annoyed? At something so awesome?

My teams, predictably, usually have a crippling weakness to electric and ice attacks.

Wiseblade

I wouldn't be annoyed at awesome penguin if everyone didn't seem to either have Close Combat or Earthquake to deal with the bird.

Spr_4d_472.png

"Hi, I'm Gliscor. I'm a Physically defensive Ground/Flying Pokémon. That means I'm immune to Ground and Electric attacks, and resistant to Fighting type attacks. I'm weak to Water and Ice though"

Spr_4d_395.png

"Really, Because I'm specially defensive and resist Water and Ice. We cover each other's weaknesses pefectly! We should be best friends!"

I usually made my post game teams with the motive to not use the same type more than once and have the least amount of shared weaknesses possible.

I'm really awful at trying to cover my team's weaknesses. I just pick the Pokemon I really like and hope that's enough to do the job. It usually is until I get to the Champion's best Pokemon.

Oh wow, that's pretty cool. Didn't know they had something like this. I'm gonna have fun making teams with this, thanks!

Annnnd the team I would like has a crippling weakness to Psychic...just like Red/Blue!

Top Bottom