• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

upandaway

Any recommendations for Battle Subway teams (single or double), or any basic tips as to what you can abuse against the AI this time around? I just want to be able to get to the 49 win mark quickly and consistently. My 4th gen teams aren't cutting it that well for this since the early rounds use decent Pokemon now.
I beat singles with Starmie/Volcarona/Ferrothorn. Starmie was choiced, Volcarona was bulky dancer, and Ferrothorn curse/sub/leech/gyro.

It took me forever because I'm dumb but they were okay. Starmie/Volcarona cover each other pretty well. And Ferrothorn was just amazing so I put him there regardless.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
So far I've just been rocking it with my HGSS team, but it's harder to just brute force my way to the boss this time around since Starmie doesn't OHKO as many things.

Do the different Unown forms serve any function at all anymore, like with Pokeball seals in previous games? Just wondering if there's any reason for me to dedicate waste a box for all of them this time around.

Nope. It doesn't seem like a Pokemon game without it. Maybe they're setting us up for a new Pokemon mascot (No)!

Potentially scary question: Anyone here written or does Poke fanfics? I was thinking of doing one.

oh cmon you know i wouldn't have made you tweak it so much if i didn't like it

g66JM.jpg

Wait.

Pikachu can't even be found in B/W? :eek:
I'm still amazed Pikachu didn't win that dream world contest.

Boney

Banned
JE016.png

No better image than this. FACT! (prove me wrong?)

I think you got proven wrong both by Chet before you just now and by Iza with the post right under you hehehe

Nope. It doesn't seem like a Pokemon game without it. Maybe they're setting us up for a new Pokemon mascot (No)!

Potentially scary question: Anyone here written or does Poke fanfics? I was thinking of doing one.

Andrex was supposed to write us some fanfics, whatever happened to those huh?

That's how I imagine Tim Burton's take on Pikachu would be.

Andrex was supposed to write some fanfics? I wonder how those would have turned out...

I'm picking up SoulSilver soon. Do you guys here trade online and stuff? I'd like to be able to get some eggs of Pokemon from Red/Blue that aren't easily obtainable in Silver.

I'm picking up SoulSilver soon. Do you guys here trade online and stuff? I'd like to be able to get some eggs of Pokemon from Red/Blue that aren't easily obtainable in Silver.
Well yeah, usually someone here will be able to help you get whatever. May take some time depending on the day, though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

We can probably help out with specific Pokemon. A lot of Red/Blue Pokemon will be available in Kanto after you beat the first 8 gyms, but you are correct that there will be a few that are tough to come by.

Top Bottom