• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Wiseblade

Man, Empoleon was putting in work today in Random Matchup. Shrugging off Draco Meteors like they were nothing. I'd hate to think what would have happened if I tried to use an Infernape or Torterra to tank those hits...

Man, Empoleon was putting in work today in Random Matchup. Shrugging off Draco Meteors like they were nothing. I'd hate to think what would have happened if I tried to use an Infernape or Torterra to tank those hits...

What a timely yet completely coincidental post!

Why does ghosts have sexes.

Because they had them before they died. You don't just stop being male or female because you're dead.

I guess that doesn't really work though given that Ghost Pokemon can breed. Does that mean that, like, babby Gastly are technically stillborn? How does Yamask's Pokedex entry work with the fact that they can be newborn in that state?

Thores

Because they had them before they died. You don't just stop being male or female because you're dead.

I guess that doesn't really work though given that Ghost Pokemon can breed. Does that mean that, like, babby Gastly are technically stillborn? How does Yamask's Pokedex entry work with the fact that they can be newborn in that state?

comic194.png

"YUR 2 SLO" - Sanic teh headhog

Ohh God, memories of Floe getting raped by Sonic in Boshy surfacing. Anyways, I'm thinking about getting one of the new Pokemon games but I'm a little hesitant since i hear that Ninty might come out with a version similar to Platinum either for 3DS or DS. What do you think guys, should I bite or wait it out a bit longer?

OMG Aero

Ohh God, memories of Floe getting raped by Sonic in Boshy surfacing. Anyways, I'm thinking about getting one of the new Pokemon games but I'm a little hesitant since i hear that Ninty might come out with a version similar to Platinum either for 3DS or DS. What do you think guys, should I bite or wait it out a bit longer?
It depends how long you are willing to wait, a third version of Black and White is pretty much a certainty at this point.
All signs lead to Kyurem getting a new form in the new game and the Kyurem movie is out in Japan in July so providing that the form is in that movie we'll probably hear about it before then. But of course that's all going by Japan dates so even if the new game is announced around that time, it could a long while yet until an English release.

upandaway

Kind of irrelevant when its offensive stats and level-up moves are pitiful.

I'm not really a fan of using purely support/status Pokemon in the quest. They don't really pull their weight imo.
Dunno what you mean man. Jumpluff pulled the most weight on my team in SS. I went through entire big-deal matches without a single mon dying, just thanks to him.

Barely anything in the main quest could kill it in one shot, and even then, it learns both Leech Seed and U-turn in addition to the powders. Add to that the fact I don't need to switch it into moves in single player (which is what makes him so good really).

Hit-and-run support works really well in the main quest. Things like Noctowl sucked though.

It depends how long you are willing to wait, a third version of Black and White is pretty much a certainty at this point.
All signs lead to Kyurem getting a new form in the new game and the Kyurem movie is out in Japan in July so providing that the form is in that movie we'll probably hear about it before then. But of course that's all going by Japan dates so even if the new game is announced around that time, it could a long while yet until an English release.

I can wait. I waited till Platinum version to come out when I got my Diamond version (was a broke man to pay $40 for plat) so it's not a problem. All I need to know is if there is going to be third version, if so I'm game.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hey PokeGaf.

I was wondering if there was a good list of daily things I can do in Black and white?

I've finished the game now, and I've found the sages, so currently I'm doing things like battling the rich people family every day, battling morimoto every day, but there are things like a guy who gives you a new rare item every day? is there a list i can references as i keep forgetting all of these things :(

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Hey PokeGaf.

I was wondering if there was a good list of daily things I can do in Black and white?

I've finished the game now, and I've found the sages, so currently I'm doing things like battling the rich people family every day, battling morimoto every day, but there are things like a guy who gives you a new rare item every day? is there a list i can references as i keep forgetting all of these things :(
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Time#Generation_V_2
http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dailyevent.shtml

Sixfortyfive

Anyone willing to do tradebacks with me for the following legendaries sometime so that I can check them off my Pokedex?

Tornadus
Reshiram
Landorus

My FC is 5071-4612-2109.

Svafnir

Anyone wanna give me a shiny charmander? I'm guessing no, but I've always wanted one... and after soft reseting about 500 times i've decided to give up.

Sixfortyfive

Anyone wanna give me a shiny charmander? I'm guessing no, but I've always wanted one... and after soft reseting about 500 times i've decided to give up.
Give me an hour and I might be able to manage. Do you want it traded to a 4th or 5th gen game? And do you want hatched or as an egg?

Svafnir

Uh I wasn't expecting a actual reply, I have soulsilver where I was trying to get a shiny charizard. I also have pokemon white, which I gave up after the 4th gym. (I'm just not feeling the new pokemon, so having a charmander would maybe make me maybe enjoy it)

Red/Blue and Gold/Silver (Soulsilver too) Are the only pokemon games I have played, so it was a bit weird going into white and having all these new pokemon. My love of pokemon is nostalgic as hell ;o

I have to go sleep at some point, I'm not sure how trading works at all in the new games. But yes I would very much love to have any charmander to be honest, will give me the motivation to finish white :p

An egg would be cool, I like hatching stuff. Oddly makes me feel more connected to the pokemon (Yes I am crazy)

Sixfortyfive

So do you want to wait half an hour (give or take) for a shiny one or should I just spit any old Charmander up now?

Svafnir

So do you want to wait half an hour (give or take) for a shiny one or should I just spit any old Charmander up now?

I'm easily awake for another hour, I just wasnt sure how long that would take.... it seems like a big endeavour to do for some random online :p Like I said, wasn't expecting a real reply.

Sixfortyfive

I kind of want to give RNG abuse for shinies a whirl. Never really had a reason to do it.

Is it alright if I trade this over to your SoulSilver? I don't think I can transfer eggs from 4th to 5th gen.

The answer to any naming related problem is always Assmaster

"Pokemon Grey Version |OT| If in doubt, call it Assmaster"

That needs to happen

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hey PokeGaf.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/dailyevent.shtml

Top Bottom