• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

LeleSocho

Banned
PokéGAF can you help me and build a somewhat useful Ampharos? i remember her (was a female :p) being awesome in my first playthrough of PKMN Silver (even if the stats aren't that good :p)

Emitan

What if they made a Pokémon dating sim/visual novel where you played as a Ditto impersonating other Pokémon's boyfriends/girlfriends?

WAILORD X SKITTY GOOD END

PokéGAF can you help me and build a somewhat useful Ampharos? i remember her (was a female :p) being awesome in my first playthrough of PKMN Silver (even if the stats aren't that good :p)

Signal Beam
Thunderbolt/Thunder
Power Gem
Toxic/Rainy Day

I stick to special attacks since it's physical attack is okay but it's special attack is so much better. Then again, having Power Gem and Thunderbolt/Thunder together seems a bit redundant since Thunder/Thunderbolt can take care of more things than Power Gem would but...eh.

Wiseblade

Even we can't pull off the impossible...

Ampharos @ Leftovers
Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Speed
-Agility
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Substitute

Ampharos is ugly, slow, has a lame ability and a boring movepool. The only things going for it are that it has a decent Special Attack stat and it'll probably survive a hit or two before going down (although I'd call that a negative, considering how ugly it is). Switch in on something scared of it like a frail water or flying type and drop a substitute when it switches out. Then use agility and "sweep". You should be able to dent something before Ampharos chokes on its own uselessness.

Modest nature is to maximise damage, but Timid is also an option to squeese every last drop out of that amazing base 55 Speed stat.

Ampharos is ugly, slow, has a...
Q7Sc0.png

upandaway

Hahaha. It just looks so silly! Look at those ears. And what's that forehead thing about.

I feel bad but she's so funny looking. Poor thing.

Like with every Pokemon, though, fanart can do wonderful, beautiful things to her.

Wichu

The thing I dislike about gen 2 is that the designs seem too sleek to me. Ampharos's body is basically just a few curves; it has jointless arms without fingers, only one toe on each foot, and a complete lack of texture (maybe intentional for Ampharos, but not for other Pokémon). Gen 2 has the worst designs overall. I do like its legendaries, though.

Suairyu

Banned
edit - Wichu, what are you doing? You'll pull this thread into another gen argument!

Don't tell me you think it's going to be on DS too? You're supposed to be the smart duck!
Smart is relative. We all look like geniuses compared to Chinner.

Pokemon Grey Version|OT| Andrex and Suairyu am cry.
I fully support this thread title in the unlikely event Andrex and myself are wrong. In fact, let's make the titles official right now.

Thores

In that case, it's probably just gonna get called Pokemon Gray in the US and Pokemon Grey in Europe, like most of these spelling difference things are handled in localization. Canada could end up being called either spelling.

Emitan

Why would they call it Gray here when they can call it Grey everywhere? This is like Sega thinking it was smart to make a game with Color/Colour in the name

Hi everyone. I'm Homestuck/Pan. My favourite Pokemon games are Soul Silver and White and my favourite Pokemon is currently Scraggy. While I would love to play with everyone here, I am currently faced with no reliable wireless.

Also I've been feeling like playing a new Pokemon game lately but I don't want to delete my saves on either of my games. What do?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I try to do my best. >_>
I just don't care about musicals at all.
Besides, the OT is open source and everyone can update it. You guys are just as lazy as me! Except for Wisey who's been somewhat helpful.

I'd like to see another NeoGAF official thread that has been kept up to date as long and as frequently as the B/W OT2 and 3.

Top Bottom