• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Hey Firestorm (or others), is there a list of winning teams or battle video links for the fall regionals anywhere for quick and easy viewing? I'm thinking I might want to x-copy some stuff and test it out on the wi-fi tournament next month for practice.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hey guys,

As someone who hasn't touched Pokemon in months and has no idea what "global link" is. Can you guys give me a quick explanation on how to get Arceus from this event they have going on.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Hey guys,

As someone who hasn't touched Pokemon in months and has no idea what "global link" is. Can you guys give me a quick explanation on how to get Arceus from this event they have going on.
Create an account on the global link website and link your game cartridge to it with the Game Sync feature. There's step by step instructions on how to do this somewhere on the site.

Once you have that set-up, use the Game Sync feature from the game to put a Pokemon in your box to sleep. Then go to the global link website, click Promotions, and pick Arceus. I think the password is ARCEUSVOTE. Once you do this, access the Dream World from the global link website, play some shitty mini-games if you want, and go into your house and check the board on the wall to make sure that Arceus is set to be transferred to your game. Exit the Dream World, and use the Game Sync function on your cart to wake up your Pokemon. Then use the Entralink feature from the C-Gear to go to the forest where Arceus will be waiting for you.

I'm pretty sure that's all the steps and the correct order.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
On the front page of Imgur atm:

xFo2U.jpg

Why Dragonite? Why not?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Anyone keen to help me evolve a few trade only pokemon? and swap some version exclusives?

My pokedex has a few gaps and I would really like to fill them :)

some of them people obviously wont be able to trade as they may have evolved their starters, and others are legendaries so I'm fine with trading them right back (that still marks off on your pokedex if you just have them for a minute right?)

Anyway, heres the full list of what I need to complete my pokedex, if anyone is bored and wants to help with any of them just let me know!

Snivy, Servine, Serperior
Tepig, Pignite, Emboar
Pansage, Simisage
Panpour, Simipour
Gigalith - Have a boldore I can swap, no sentimental attachment so happy for a straight swap with another one if its easiest
Conkeldorr - Have a Gurrdurr I can swap, no sentimental attachment so happy for a straight swap with another one if its easiest
Sawk
Tirtouga/Carracosta
Zorua/Zoroark
Gothita/Gothorita/Gothielle
Escavalier/Accelegor - Have both of their pre-evolutions ready (this is a weird way to evolve pokemon wtf double trade)
tynamo/eelektrik/eelektross
vullaby/mandibuzz
tornadus
reshiram

bolded the ones that would likely be the easiest for anyone! I'm more than happy to trade over exclusives from white too if theyre needed or swap legendaries so we can both tick things off.

J@hranimo

Banned
I need to know why it has to be Dragonite. There has to be a reason!
This is going to bother me for the rest of the night...

"Depressing Dad Dragonite?"

These are pretty sad. It might be because Dragonite is one of the weirder looking dragons.

Or whoever made them is a jerk.

Gen 3 sound font is so weird
I like it, mostly. GF probably used it to give the music a pop from Gen 2: "Hey, were on the GBA now, let's show everyone what we can do when we have music-sounding samples to work with!"

It gives the region a unique musical sound (TRUMPETS AND WATER). Plus, some of the best tracks in the series (yes, I said it) are from RSE.

With that said, I would like to hear them in a new context. *Looks to GF for remakes*

I want ALL THE THINGS.

Which reminds me, I wish Nintendo World Store had a wider selection of plushies. Was looking through them the other day, contemplating buying one.

Top Bottom