• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Wiseblade

It's all about Tynamo. What a pain in the ass he was to find.

I waited until winter for a Cryogonal, so the encounter rate was higher.

I found and caught a Tynamo pretty easily, so I wasd surprised to hear it's so hard to encounter.

Also, does anyone have a spare water stone they could give to me?

MicH

Everytime I go through the Chargestone Cave I find a Tynamo, so I've never had a problem finding one.

I had the same luck with Feebas in Ruby. Found it iwithin 10 minutes.

Ultratech

It's all about Tynamo. What a pain in the ass he was to find.

I waited until winter for a Cryogonal, so the encounter rate was higher.

Tynamo are a pain to find. On my first playthrough, I never even saw one until I went actively searching for one, and even that took a while. Tried to search for a Cryogonal once, but I gave up on the idea pretty quick. (Wasn't really that interested in one.)

everytime i go through chargestone cave i become so curious how the insides of my ds look i nearly rip it in two.

Seriously. The only place in the game where I actively use a ton of Repels just so I get through it without losing my mind.

I had the same luck with Feebas in Ruby. Found it iwithin 10 minutes.

Yeah, Feebas weren't that hard to find, it was just a matter of luck finding the right tiles (random as they were). Then again, I just grabbed one or two once I found a good spot of them, and just bred the rest.

OMG Aero

Speaking of low encounter rates, I would love it if we never see the Safari Zone again...ugh.
Yeah fuck the Safari Zone. If they ever bring that back they either need to completely change the catching mechanic (Maybe make it like the bug catching contest where you can use Pokemon) or lower the catch rate of the Pokemon inside.

Getting Pokemon like Beldum in the HG/SS Safari Zone was fucking ridiculous.

I've been wanting to play really badly but I only have SS and White. Maybe I should try building a new team from scratch or something? I have no idea...

I've been wanting to play really badly but I only have SS and White. Maybe I should try building a new team from scratch or something? I have no idea...

Whats the point of building a new team when you are always afraid to battle me and my ev trained team people in a
un
fair and
un
balanced fight.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Make a Battle Subway/Frontier team.

I wish the 5th gen games had online Subway co-op.

QP3

realing enjoying HG so far. I've beaten the first two gyms with little difficulty. Used my Geodude to take down the flying type, and then my birds to take out Bugsy's pesky bugs.

I just made it to the pokemon daycare...does anyone ever drop their pokemon off? I have never done so, mainly because I assume i can level them faster myself. Is it worth it?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
realing enjoying HG so far. I've beaten the first two gyms with little difficulty. Used my Geodude to take down the flying type, and then my birds to take out Bugsy's pesky bugs.

I just made it to the pokemon daycare...does anyone ever drop their pokemon off? I have never done so, mainly because I assume i can level them faster myself. Is it worth it?

Daycare is mostly for breeding. Leveling up through fighting will almost always be faster, but you can just drop something off and forget about it for a while. Could be handy for something that doesn't learn attacks right away.

Anth0ny

I used to drop off my level 5 Magikarp at the daycare.

When I returned, he was not a boy, but a man.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Battle Subway trophies get. What else do I need to finish upgrading the trainer card.

Bulbapedia said:
Collect all 100 Pokémon Musical Props
Obtain all 33 Entralink pass powers
Bleh.

Zebra

So I'm not to familiar with the inner workings of the Pokemon games, but why the hell can I never seem to catch Thundurus in Pokemon White? I've got its HP about as low as I can possibly get it, but no amount of ultra balls that I throw can hold him in. Is there a more ideal pokeball that I should be using?

Should I put the bastard to sleep? Would that make any difference? Can I even put him to sleep (I haven't tried)?

Wiseblade

Rehosted website pics are allowed, right?

ibi1pPxSX8519g.jpg

itXS72JFsd8Je.jpg

ig97WiEkd6oHu.jpg

I really like how it looks.

I really dislike the nostrils on that new thing, Virizion all the way for me out of the four horse-mon of the apocalypse/Musketeers/whatever their gimmick was.

Top Bottom