• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

D-Pad

Gonna start a new game in one of the games (not sure which one yet) and gonna stash my starter Pokemon for one of the Route 1'ers. Last time I did this was so much fun, with Poochyena in Sapphire, and several times I nearly screamed in frustration. It was an awesome game (though fuck Game Freak for making him and his evo so useless I mean wtf).

BFA

I've been a junior for years, I really need to post more! Anyway, yay finally RNG'd a Scyther from the bug catching contest in HG! I have no need for my boring ol' shiny RNG'd bred ones now, and I'd hate to just release them all, so if anyone wants one, pm me. I have two in gen 4 and two in gen 5 - all untrained with gen 4 exclusive moves.

ffdgh

Gonna start a new game in one of the games (not sure which one yet) and gonna stash my starter Pokemon for one of the Route 1'ers. Last time I did this was so much fun, with Poochyena in Sapphire, and several times I nearly screamed in frustration. It was an awesome game (though fuck Game Freak for making him and his evo so useless I mean wtf).

mightyena is great....too bad its base stats aren't that good. Howling to victory ftw.
i was a junior for.......say 2 weeks lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You have to be a Junior for 3 months first :p

That takes into account when you actually registered, not when you were approved. I'm 90% sure I've been a member since like my first post for some reason, I didn't actually start posting until a year after I registered (the date on my profile.)

Emitan

That takes into account when you actually registered, not when you were approved. I'm 90% sure I've been a member since like my first post for some reason, I didn't actually start posting until a year after I registered (the date on my profile.)

You need 3 months and 300 posts.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well the system must have been glitched cause I was always a member when I started posting. I also think both minimums were smaller in years past.

Edit- Looking up my old posts to confirm, guess what I found? OH FRICKING SNAP! I prove myself a profit once again!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm glad those days are gone.

I'm glad your face is gone.

I've actually never had an animated avatar -- I did have a rotation of these three for a bit, I think it was almost three years ago now (that long?!):

j0kV5.png
Qj4kC.png
BvkXa.png

I sort of feel like I missed out, I never found a good gif avy to have before they were turned off. :(

Suairyu

Banned
This sounds too damn complicated for me.
If you've ever connected a computer to the internet, and you presence on GAF suggests you have, it's a cinch.

New trailer released for the Kyurem movie..

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=7978

Never knew Kyurem could run and leap like that. o_O
This reminds me of when that silly Japanese Pokémon channel got excited over two seconds of HeartGold footage. Or how they excitedly were all "omg the three starter Pokémon are.... OH SHIT THE SAME THEY WERE LAST TIME!"

Salvadora

...Looks like a giant frozen chicken.

Bring on the new forme to actually justify Kyurem's existence, please.

Its probably going to be part of the story line in grey. Platinum was announced on May 15th so i'm sure we will getting confirmation around then, And it has to be 3DS
I hope

So whenever we get the inevitable Ruby/Sapphire remake, what are some of the improvements that should go into it?

• 3DS graphical bump.
  • Streetpass record mixing and Secret Bases.
  • Black and White's rare encounter system to make finding Feebas less tedious.
  • New areas; closer to the Sevii islands than Johto's new routes.
  • Add a jetski for quick ocean traversal.

nan0

Are you talking about the Dream World? Because that totally is optional, you aren't forced to do it.

Not limited to that, but also the Entralink function and Black City/White Forest. I know its optional, but I want to be able to get most pokemon without having to use online features or connecting to other systems. The idea of social features are nice, but you're lost if you don't know anybody to trade with. Pokemon used to be mainly a singleplay game, but with B/W I feel that I only can experience half the game without using the linking features.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Not limited to that, but also the Entralink function. I know its optional, but I want to be able to get most pokemon without having to use online features or connecting to other systems. The idea of social features are nice, but you're lost if you don't know anybody to trade with.
I really just despise any time-locked features period, as it makes me feel like I can't play the game on my own terms. Event Pokemon with limited distribution is bad enough. Segregating content to shitty web mini-games is a whole other level of dumb.

Suairyu

Banned
Not limited to that, but also the Entralink function and Black City/White Forest. I know its optional, but I want to be able to get most pokemon without having to use online features or connecting to other systems. The idea of social features are nice, but you're lost if you don't know anybody to trade with. Pokemon used to be mainly a singleplay game, but with B/W I feel that I only can experience half the game without using the linking features.
In regards to the Black/White Pokédex, you can get most of them without trading or going online. Just like Red and Blue!

It's only the complete 600-something Pokédex that requires tons of online shenanigans. And that's fine.

Dream world does totally suck though. Best idea in the world but absolutely wank execution.

Top Bottom