• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

I would say something like Gen 3 having the majority of my favorite tracks out of all the games, but alas, Gen 3 isn't a super favorite in most fan's eyes, so not much discussion there (except certain supporters here, yay)

Remakes will fix that, I'm sure... *looks at GF*

If I had to rank the music from each game I'd say:
G/S > R/S > R/B > B/W > D/P

The reason I put Diamond and Pearl at the bottom is that I thought the wasn't different enough from Ruby and Sapphire. Didn't really have it's own style. I'm not saying I didn't like the music, but it's the weakest amongst the others.

My personal order is G/S>B/W>R/S>R/B>D/P

In my opinion, Black and White had better music than Ruby and Sapphire due to the larger variety of instruments used (not that I have anything against R/S's trumpets and horns; they just grate on me after a while), as well as the greater care that went into composing it.

Also, what B/W's great music lacks in quantity it makes up for in quality. Ghetsis' theme made me feel genuinely threatened by a villain for the first time in the series.

ffdgh

BW<FR/LG<RSE. Never had the the chance to play the originals or dpp.

btw can anyone spare a scyther or a scizor?

Emitan

imrEUDHPawJA7.jpg

ffdgh

eh still isn't as stupid as some of the trainers in the emerald frontier.

random collector: "i swallow sludge to transform myself"

Yeah, the randomly-generated phrases from Emerald were hilarious at times. I remember a Black Belt saying to me:

I AM SO HAPPY TO BE A MOTHER

or thereabouts.

ffdgh

....what was with all the female athletics being future moms?

I'm going to be a mother.
my baby is going to be awesome!

and the psychic trainers were jerks.

RSE > BW > DPPt = HGSS > GSC > FRLG > RBY for music.

For the record, composers like Go have always put a lot of care and consideration into the music, not just the combined team effort for BW. I think that implying otherwise is simply underselling what Game Freak can do when they want to get something done.

I loved the randomly-generated lines—simply hilarious most of the time, while reminding me of how well-constructed the dialogue is in these games (for what the NPCs are worth, anyway).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HGSS > All

For music, for me personally. BW is really good though. Don't remember much of the others.

Wiseblade

It's Speculation Time!

287679-080.jpg

So it's been a year and a half since the start of Best Wishes in Japan and Ash just recently earned his sixth badge. At the current rate he'll challenge the Pokémon league well before September. This is in stark contrast to Ash's Sinnoh Challenge which took nearly 4 years.

Could this be related to BW2? Are the writers taking a faster because they're planning on adapting a major feature in those games? After the Hoenn Pokémon League, Ash challenged the Battle Frontier, but that was nine months after the release of Emerald. Could we see a similar thing happen again, only timelier?

What do you think?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think you're right, and it'd be timelier. However I think they're only going to have a year of anime BW2 content. Or maybe not.

We know too little!

ffdgh

It's Speculation Time!

287679-080.jpg

So it's been a year and a half since the start of Best Wishes in Japan and Ash just recently earned his sixth badge. At the current rate he'll challenge the Pokémon league well before September. This is in stark contrast to Ash's Sinnoh Challenge which took nearly 4 years.

Could this be related to BW2? Are the writers taking a faster because they're planning on adapting a major feature in those games? After the Hoenn Pokémon League, Ash challenged the Battle Frontier, but that was nine months after the release of Emerald. Could we see a similar thing happen again, only timelier?

What do you think?

Simple, dawn/chimchar don't exist.

or bw 2

OMG Aero

To tie the anime in to Black and White 2, after challenging the league Ash will go back to Nuvema Town and start collecting the eight badges again to re-challenge the league but this time with minor differences.

What do I think?

I think that Ash's Scraggy will evolve into Scrafty either too late to get any screentime or right before being given/traded away or leaving his party, as per the pattern of Ash's awesome Pokémon. (-_-;)

But seriously, I think until we know more details about the actual game, speculation on a BW2 animé will be kind of fruitless.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
To tie the anime in to Black and White 2, after challenging the league Ash will go back to Nuvema Town and start collecting the eight badges again to re-challenge the league but this time with minor differences.

Pretty sure that's not what BW2 are...

At least, rematching the exact same gym leaders.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ash finds the sages/battle frontier

orrrr plasma plot beings after ash fails at fignting the e4

If he even gets to the E4. But I have a feeling he will, finally this time. But he'll probably lose to one of them.

OMG Aero

Pretty sure that's not what BW2 are...

At least, rematching the exact same gym leaders.

Has there been news that proved that BW2 are not just a standard third version but split into two games?
Because until there has been that is what I am expecting.

What do you think?

Plasma based arc, possibly tying in to Black and White 2. Eastern Unova utilised, along with any new areas that BW2 add on.

All finished in time for Autumn 2013, and the debut of Gen VI.

Boom.

Has there been news that proved that BW2 are not just a standard third version but split into two games?

Making the first sequels in the franchise, to games which have screamingly obvious sequel hooks such as Ghetsis escaping and N being spotted in another region, and then simply retreading the story of the first games which be either the most stupid move imaginable, or one of the trolliest.

In my best case scenario, we see a new, probably smaller region. At the very least we'll get Unova after some time has passed.

Emitan

I doubt they'd call them Black and White 2 if they were the same game with minor differences.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What did happen to Ash's Gliscor? After the Sinnoh league ended, did it go back to training or did it go to Oak's lab?
I'm surprised it took the writers this long to realize he could just rotate his Pokemon out instead of thinking up contrived ways to clear out his team. That's one of my biggest issues with Kanto, he got rid of Butterfree, Primeape, and Pidgeot for no real reason. He almost got rid of Pikachu as well. At least Squirtle and Charizard returned for league matches.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

They've been called full sequels. Otherwise they would have been Gray or the third version.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
No but people seem to have their hopes up all the same.

Well based on the RUBY and SAPPHIRE that are OBVIOUSLY in the logos not only will Hoenn be included as a 2nd region but since it's called Black and White 2 there will be a whole new region!

People are delusional.

Emitan

Hatched 4 Makuhita eggs and 2 of them had the nature I wanted and both of them had the ability I wanted.

Talked to the subway guy and apparently both of them have crappy IVs, but one had higher attack so I'm keeping that one.

I hope not, the Team Rocket story is done. I'd much rather see GF try to make a game without a villainous team for a change.

I dunno, I feel that Pokémon games benefit from antagonists who aren't simply rivals. Now, teams that have new and interesting modus operandi, like Plasma and Galactic to a certain extent... much better.

New concept; BW2 takes place from the viewpoint of N after the first games. You get separated from your dragon and have to track it down across the region, while working up to confronting Ghetsis and avoiding Looker.

I'd buy it.

Top Bottom