• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Well, Black Kyurem has those krezy electrical-coil things and White Kyurem has flaming tubes of fire shooting out. So, yes, it looks fucking badass. What's more annoying is the relative lack of other information.

Also: I met Cynthia in Undella last night. She'll be fun to fight.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Poke gaf talk me out of buying rumble blast!

Retail WiiWare title who's only redeeming quality for me has been removed, unless I want to buy two copies. ie; local co-op requires multiple carts. You will experience all the game has to offer in the first hour, and it's repetitive button mashing. The worlds are uninspired, and areas are set up in a row, and you just go A-B-C to beat them.

Incredibly lazy, ugly. I wouldn't buy the game for ten dollars. Maybe five dollars for the Club Nintendo points. Maybe.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Boxarts prove the blue and red in the logos is lightning and fire and not ruby and sapphire (which anyone with a brain could have figured out anyways...) :p

I helped!

(Y)

Play something like the Pokemon Ranger games, or even Mystery Dungeon games if you like dungeon crawling. Ranger games are pretty high quality though.

Yeah, Ranger is surprisingly neat. I mean, they're not near the level of actual Pokemon, but they're still pretty playable and they'll definitely scratch that itch. Oh, and they look great too- Ambrella showing GF what's up in the graphics department.

(Y)
Yeah, Ranger is surprisingly neat. I mean, they're not near the level of actual Pokemon, but they're still pretty playable and they'll definitely scratch that itch. Oh, and they look great too- Ambrella showing GF what's up in the graphics department.
Just a side note - Ambrella didn't make the Ranger games. That was Creatures + HAL. Ambrella made, well...
Hey You, Pikachu! (N64)
Pokémon Channel (GCN)
Pokémon Dash (DS)
My Pokémon Ranch (WiiWare)
Pokémon Rumble (WiiWare)
Pokémon Rumble Blast (N3DS)

Also, it's alright to hope for more :p I'm still holding out for Hoenn references, heh.

Also also, I wonder what's on that last page, since boxart was on 99, and Keldeo was 101. Two more days or something, if nothing else is coming today.

Hey guys, wouldn't it be neat if we could have a Pokémon thread on the gaming side which wasn't immediately shat all over with generation wars?

Crazy, I know.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Play something like the Pokemon Ranger games, or even Mystery Dungeon games if you like dungeon crawling. Ranger games are pretty high quality though.
Truth.

Ranger 2, imo, is the highlight of the series, arguably the best localization and plot of any Pokemon game.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Hey guys, wouldn't it be neat if we could have a Pokémon thread on the gaming side which wasn't immediately shat all over with generation wars?

Crazy, I know.
Way I see it, everyone has their favorites, and they must be repped! Can't say that's not in the spirit of Pokemon.

J@hranimo

Banned
Deep down I want some Hoenn recognition, but the sensible part of me knows it's not happening
:(

On another note, the Global Link site is back up!

Way I see it, everyone has their favorites, and they must be repped! Can't say that's not in the spirit of Pokemon.

Its ok like the first time around, but after you're here for years and you see every single pokemon thread devolve into bullshit about "being a real fan despite having not played it for 8 years" and how "pokemon look like digimon now" and "how all of the original 151 were amazing and should be the only pokemon" and that sprites are "lazy and cheap" and ....

it gets really old and annoying.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Its ok like the first time around, but after you're here for years and you see every single pokemon thread devolve into bullshit about "being a real fan despite having not played it for 8 years" and how "pokemon look like digimon now" and "how all of the original 151 were amazing and should be the only pokemon" and that sprites are "lazy and cheap" and ....

it gets really old and annoying.
Oh that's what "generation wars" refers to? Oh yeah, it's a complete cancer. It's pretty ridiculous how many people are deadset into thinking new Pokemon suck despite the series making improvements or adjustments every generation gameplay-wise and design-wise.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I wish that Lugia from XD was actually how Lugia looked.
Or I could keep him like this and be Dark/Psychic typing

PsTvS.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Crazy, I know.

I didn't know about that thread until your post. Why couldn't you let me live in blissful ignorance?!

You know, part of the reason I hate Lugia is because of the movie.
I hated that movie.

funnyguy_ani.gif

I WILL NOT HAVE IT SIR.

I'm good. I can recognise that my burning love for the movies isn't shared by everyone.

I can ignore people slagging off the Victini or Giratina movies.

Hell, I can grit my teeth and bear people criticising the Celebi or Lucario movies.

But you never. EVER. Slag off the Lugia movie.

EVER.

You might hurt my feelings. :(

Boogiepop

It took me soooo long to notice Lugia's wing-hand things. Also, I've never been able to get over seeing Moltres as a rubber chicken. Just... the least impressive legendary because of that.

Top Bottom