• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I never really did that except for maybe Mewthree (so obvious!)

I liked making my own TCGs though. Would try to sell the boosters at school.

I also as a kid came up with my own TCG of Smash Bros. that ultimately was just a carbon copy of the Pokemon TCG, but that's a story for a different time...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I had like three all-original TCGs but they were amalgams of Pokemon and Yugioh. I also made a Pogs clone out of carboard but it was like a TCG in that you could battle others. Would have set the world on fire!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
onix looks like he's stoned

AhIt6.png

MikeMyers

Anyone know a good damage calculator? I know Smogon has one, but that only seems to apply to this Gen. I was trying to figure out some Gen I calculations.

I ended up using this one to calculate Flareon's Body Slam onto Starmie in RBY. The answer says Average is 89....does that mean 89 HP Points or 89% done? I'm assuming the later?

LeleSocho

Banned
I totally filled a notebook about this idea for a Pokemon game (traditional Gamefreak mechanics) where you play as Mew on the Southern Islands.

XEC1Y.jpg

mCyEr.jpg

mWGZS.jpg

I think the boss was Mewtwo. Would have been awesome.

Thanks for posting this, i love the Southern Islands art.

Keyouta

White Kyurem and Black Kyurem have "overdrive" modes, shown in a scan of Corocoro.

The art of these modes are what's on the boxart.

Ballin name, but I don't think Gamefreak takes fan submissions :D

Oh right, how could I forget Dewford town when I was talking about RSE music. Silly me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02K40TA3yMQ
Dewford has such a great town theme. It almost feels gratuitous for a town of its size, but then I remember who the main composer is and realize that this is just classic material.

Kyurem can suck it. I need more balls!

Wiseblade

Meh, I was never into creating my own Pokémon. Especially since I can't draw to save my life. I spent most of my childhood working thinking of original ideas for games.

I still wonder why other people bother though. Virtually all fan designed Pokémon suck.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So I'm not really into the deep, competitive part of the game but more so the "Gotta Catch 'em All even though there's a huge number" part. Does that make me horrible?

Top Bottom