• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Boney

Banned
I'm up for that if it means we can change thr subject.

noup, if you don't like it leave

sample_dbdfb658aee5d8a257ed559691b3.jpg

I've been searching around and even broke out the instruction manual for this one and the only mentions of 4 player battles I can find are for local multiplayer.

That's disappointing. Thanks for checking, at least.

Re:My battle with Wiseblade:

I really need to get my team together in time for the GAF BW2 tournament. I got bodied...

Wiseblade

That's disappointing. Thanks for checking, at least.

Re:My battle with Wiseblade:

I really need to get my team together in time for the GAF BW2 tournament. I got bodied...

1) 3 Pokémon weak to fighting and 1 (physically frail) resist? That simply wont cut it in Gen 5.

2) You need at least one priority move. And preferably a 100+ base speed Pokémon with a +speed nature to clean up.

1) 3 Pokémon weak to fighting and 1 resistant? That simply wont cut it in Gen 5.

2) You need at least one priority move. And preferably a 100+ base speed Pokémon with a +speed nature to clean up.

I wasn't expecting a Mienshao; I'll be honest. I probably should've, though. •~•

I really need to bug my cousin to give me back my tourney team. The only members that I currently have in my White cart are Scrafty and Togekiss.

backlot

What are friend battles like in B/W? They don't scale levels like they did int D/P, right? I'd battle but none of my Pokemon are level 100.

OMG Aero

What are friend battles like in B/W? They don't scale levels like they did int D/P, right? I'd battle but none of my Pokemon are level 100.
You can scale them to 50, but I think doing that also restricts you to the 3 Pokemon rule in singles and 4 in doubles.

Wiseblade

So Wise, have you EV trained all your dudes? What's the deal? I dunno how seriously people take this stuff round here.

To start with, I run an intensive selective breeding process until I receive a candidate with the maximum genetic potential of the species. Then that candidate is raised on a strict diet with multiple nutritional supplements before finally experiencing field training against wild Pokémon selected to help the candidate reach their established physical goals. Only then are they ready for professional competition against other, similarly raised opponents.

Translation: Yes, and IV bred too!

backlot

To start with, I run an intensive selective breeding process until I receive a candidate with the maximum genetic potential of the species. Then that candidate is raised on a strict diet with multiple nutritional supplements before finally experiencing field training against wild Pokémon selected to help the candidate reach their established physical goals. Only then are they ready for professional competition against other, similarly raised opponents.

Do you RNG? I've been considering trying to figure that out for 5th gen.

Oh fuck. Well, I'm never asking you to battle. I only have one EV trained Pokemon:

407f.gif

and it's not IV-bred, for obvious reasons.

You're like a Pokemon tiger mom.

MikeMyers

He was my favorite too until Leafeon appeared.

I remember wanting to use one in Blue but he barely learned any fire moves. That hurt.

I used him in-game too. Bite usually killed most Team Rocket foes anyway, gave him the Fire Blast TM so he can fight Jynx and Exggutor at the E4.

Vapoeron has an equally shitty movepool, but it's good at what that movepool does. Espeon and Jolteon likewise, although you could say Espeon has the widest movepool thanks to its Psychic typing. Whereas Leafeon, Umbreon and Flareon are just laughable and Glaceon is let down more by its speed and type than movepool.

Espeon has good movepool imo. STAB Psychic, Signal Beam for Dark types, Shadow Ball for Ghost Types (needs HP Fire if it needs to get pass Steel types though). Also good support movepool with the Dual Screens, Calm Mind, Morning Sun, and Baton Pass.

sample_dbdfb658aee5d8a257ed559691b3.jpg

I know people will get mad at me for quoting this...but I gotta know, who are those girls? I only recognize May, Misty, and Jasmine. I think one of them looks like Whitney.

Last time I battled someone was my friend back in middle school when Red/Blue came out. He destroyed my beloved Blastoise and Gengar with his super strong Venasaur and Alakazam. I've hated those two since then!

MikeMyers

Last time I battled someone was my friend back in middle school when Red/Blue came out. He destroyed my beloved Blastoise and Gengar with his super strong Venasaur and Alakazam. I've hated those two since then!

Look on the bright side.

Gengar improved much since Gen I (Ground immunity, Ghost being SE against Psychic, Shadow Ball being Special), and has been OU since Gen I.

Alazakam seems to be getting trolled every gen since Gen I.

backlot

Look on the bright side.

Gengar improved much since Gen I (Ground immunity, Ghost being SE against Psychic, Shadow Ball being Special), and has been OU since Gen I.

Alazakam seems to be getting trolled every gen since Gen I.

Alakazam got Magic Guard this gen. It's not all bad.

I know people will get mad at me for quoting this...but I gotta know, who are those girls? I only recognize May, Misty, and Jasmine. I think one of them looks like Whitney.

The orange haired one is Gardenia I think, Pink one is Maylene, Blue haired one with the red shirt is Dawn, and the white suited one is Candice i think.

Kokonoe

Banned

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/tuttipazzixvera/sample_dbdfb658aee5d8a257ed559691b3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

How about posting in the actual thread meant for it?

[url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425226[/url]

Top Bottom