• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A DS or DSLite will play the last 14 Mainline Pokémon games including the upcoming B2/W2.

Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White, Black 2, White 2.

I think I'm gonna go with beartic.

EDIT: Thank God pixiv exists <3

What about buying a DS lite so you can enjoy even BW2 on it?

A DS or DSLite will play the last 14 Mainline Pokémon games including the upcoming B2/W2.

Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White, Black 2, White 2.

Thanks Frost_Ace and Man God. Oh geez, now i need to rebuy a DS lite. I guess I will buy some horrible trade in from Gamestop.

Korosenai

I plan on getting a ds lite when I get my 3ds xl and trade in my old 3ds. Ive already got emerald, just need to get either fire red or leaf green.

Kaper

Ok Guys. I am about go completely in with pokemon on Tuesday. I have to field save for a softball game in DC, so that means 6 hours of sitting around time. I don't have a GBA, DS, or anything. In your opinion, what system has the best bang for the buck in terms of pokemon. Is it good enough to get a GBA SP or Micro? Or do I need to go for a DS? In the end... I am pro not blowing 150 bucks to play pokemon.

Also if you recommend the GBA SP or Micro, which one of those is the better one to get at least in terms of playing pokemon?

Thanks.

My vote is for the DS lite, because the best games are for DS. I bought a DS lite just so I could play Pokemon games, heh. It's been the better part of a year and I still only have FR, Emerald, Pt, SS, White, and Conquest. Get a Micro if you're only going to be playing pokemon for periods similar to your softball stuff. Also, something something Gen III is the worst something something.

illadelph

How does everybody feel about this guy:

sudowoodo.png

Well, it looks to be hard to get a ds lite quickly and I need this before Tuesday. Better to go for DSi or just go for the 3DS in anticipation of future titles?

Sora_N

What are some decent Pokemon in B/W to use? I don't really like Boldore that much, but haven't been able to evolve her.

My team (after 5th badge):

Samurott
Scraggy
Excadrill
Swoobat
Boldore
<Blank>

I'm probably lacking something electric/fire but I didn't like any of ones I've seen so far.

You're heading for Chargestone Cave next, so catch a Joltik and evolve it into a Galvantula.

Grabbing a Litwick at the Celestial Tower before the sixth gym would be a good move too.

Would anyone be interested in trading/ breeding some Pokemon? I am trying to get the following guys for my white team:

Beldum
Mudkip
Eevee

my FC is 3654 6759 0492.

I should also mention I really don't have anything to trade in return, unless you want some people in the HG/SS Gen, as I have a few guys in that one.

Korosenai

Just beat platinum.

I used: Empoleon, Luxray, Staraptor, Garchomp, Machamp.

My lvl. 55 Machamp beat Cynthia's lvl. 62 Garchomp. I was so proud of it. Dynamic Punch + Confusion ftw.

Edit: SpinningFrog, i've got a lvl. 1 Beldum I can trade you, but I wont be able to do it tonight. Im sure someone else can help you out if you want one today.

Sora_N

..I already caught the spider dude, I should try him out I guess.

Also this is totally random but does anyone have spare McDonalds Pikachu and Pignite toys? I'm missing those 2 sadly, didnt know the promo's over now. I'd prefer to have a card too but doesnt matter at this point, ebay prices are bs.

Sora_N

You're heading for Chargestone Cave next, so catch a Joltik and evolve it into a Galvantula.

Grabbing a Litwick at the Celestial Tower before the sixth gym would be a good move too.

Yeah I guess it'll have to be Litwick, I dont remember other fires that I liked.

Eelektross is a badass Electric type that levitates and therefore has *no* weaknesses.

bpdJy.jpg

Yeah I'm def gonna try him out, his card in the TCG is really powerful too iirc

Sora_N

Sorry for tripleposting, I cannot edit my posts heh. I didn't know Tynamo was in that cave, I didnt see one for 20 minutes and then my Samurott killed it, bummer.

J@hranimo

Banned
Would anyone be interested in trading/ breeding some Pokemon? I am trying to get the following guys for my white team:

Beldum
Mudkip
Eevee

my FC is 3654 6759 0492.

I should also mention I really don't have anything to trade in return, unless you want some people in the HG/SS Gen, as I have a few guys in that one.

I can get you beldum and eevee but I don't have a mudkip :/

My FC is 5329 6925 0372 if you're still interested.

I would like scrafty more if his sprite wasn't so ugly :\

For now scraggy>>>>scrafty

I think for me it's something like:

Scraggy > Scrafty >>>>>>>>> rest of the Fighting types

I love them two. xD

On another topic, there's a certain Pokemon theme that is now my ringtone on both of my smartphones. Want to guess?

You got super lucky in there xD I bet I would like to be able to RNG with ease, but I am bad at timing. >.<
I was lucky it was a 30 instead of a 31 because I was going for a specific Hidden Power and a 31 would've messed it up.

The timing isn't really that hard but it does take patience to learn how everything works. Definitely worth it though!

Frost_Ace

I was lucky it was a 30 instead of a 31 because I was going for a specific Hidden Power and a 31 would've messed it up.

The timing isn't really that hard but it does take patience to learn how everything works. Definitely worth it though!

Yeo timing is much easier this gen compared to gen IV (at least with the standard seeds), you should definitely try.

Anyway yesterday I RNG'd the darkrai event given in May so I have a perfect darkrai now. <3

ffdgh

Yeo timing is much easier this gen compared to gen IV (at least with the standard seeds), you should definitely try.

Anyway yesterday I RNG'd the darkrai event given in May so I have a perfect darkrai now. <3

i missed darkrai like an idiot >_> so I rng'd that wonder card zekrom. 31 for everything except defense.

After quite a bit of babying, this dude finally appeared! I don't know why but he's one of my favs this gen.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/076/4/d/scrafty_by_zynwolf-d3bv06n.png[img][/QUOTE]

You have good taste.

[quote="ffdgh, post: 39597327"]... no no NO scarafty is not ugly!
[spoiler]opinion respected[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

The sprite's eyes are too far apart. Other than that, it's perfect.

[quote="Cuteness Overload, post: 39597425"]I think for me it's something like:

Scraggy > Scrafty >>>>>>>>> rest of the Fighting types

I love them two.[/QUOTE]

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110730133324/glee/images/b/be/High_five.gif

Top Bottom