• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm going to suggest a setup that's fun and I would most likely pick. I usually just Wingull it when I playthrough games and never have ran into any issues.

Leech Seed
Solar Beam (or other powerful grass move)
Razor Leaf
For a last move I'd pick either of these

Sunny Day
Body Slam(Or other normal alternatives)
Giga Drain

When you play against the CPU, Leech Seed is just too good because they don't switch Pokemon. So eventually whatever you use it on will faint.

backlot

I'm going to suggest a setup that's fun and I would most likely pick. I usually just Wingull it when I playthrough games and never have ran into any issues.

Leech Seed
Razor Leaf

Sunny Day
Giga Drain

When you play against the CPU, Leech Seed is just too good because they don't switch Pokemon. So eventually whatever you use it on will faint.

Yeah, leech seed is one of my favorite moves. Meganium only learns it as an egg move though.

MikeMyers

Meganium has access to Earthquake via TM, but that can be better spent on another Pokemon. :/

Actually, the other Pokemon who I plan on either get that move via Level Up or don't need it (I might give it to Gyarados, but that is it). So Earthquake is viable.

And Leech Seed is nice, but its an egg move.

Leech Seed
Razor Leaf

Sunny Day
Giga Drain

This gives it horrible type coverage.

Golem
Gyarados
Gengar
Togetic

Just using personal favourites. Golem learns Earthquake through Level-Up, so I don't really know if I'd give Earthquake to Gyarados.

No Fire Pokemon? Or will you just slap a fire attack with one of these guys? Seems like a good party and I love Gengar being there.

Eh, never mind. The Pokemon that would lose to Fire are covered with their other weaknesses.

MikeMyers

No Fire Pokemon? Or will you just slap a fire attack with one of these guys? Seems like a good party and I love Gengar being there.

Eh, never mind. The Pokemon that would lose to Fire are covered with their other weaknesses.

I can get Togetic Fire Blast.

I was thinking of adding Heracross.

So my party in Pokemon White is progressing nicely...kind of. Had a little issues with Burgh because his highest level Pokemon was part grass which meant trouble for Kanji (Water starter) but a little help from Duramaku saved the day. However, I have two permanent members of the party, Kanji and Tempest (Scraggy) but I think I could use a Fire type. Stick with Duramaku (Though I think it evolves into Fire/Fighting which would be kind of bad) or go with something else that could learn a fire attack? Trying to keep the party at 3-4 as it's easier to train.

Frost_Ace

So guys, I had a pretty good battle on the GTS today

If anyone wants to see it: 58-25015-45030

I'm curious to see some of your ones as well~

MikeMyers

Watched all the Kanto Gym Leader battles.

Brock: Good first battle, showed Ash was really compassionate.
Misty: Short but fun.
LT Surge: Liked the David VS Goliath vibe here.
Sabrina: Best one due to HAUNTER
Koga: Worst one, half the ep was Psyduck Vs Team Rocket
Erika: Funny episode, it was at least entertaining.
Blaine: Probably the best one action-wise.
Giovanni: He didnt fight Giovanni, fought Rocket instead.

Aggrotek

Favorite poison type, ready? GO!

Pokemon__Nidoking_by_CoolBlueX.png

MikeMyers

That was my joke, but I don't really know what else Meganium can actually use. I haven't really done much with Meganium.

Pretty much all it gets is Grass Moves, Normal Moves, Earthquake, and Outrage (lol).

Then again, compared to the Snivy lines movepool, Chikorita looks like Celebi.

Firestorm

God the wait for the Ash to finally get to Cinnabar Island was long and grueling...
But once he did... oh so sweet. In Canada they ran basically an entire day of new episodes from the new season of Pokemon along with episodes from new shows like Monster Rancher.

It was a glorious day.

I got to see Charizard Seismic Toss Magmar on that day.

Wiseblade

Wow, another guy in the anonymous confessions thread says that GSC are the worst Pokémon games, and says that Empoleon is one of his favourites.

Even I'm getting suspicious now...

Top Bottom