• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Busaiku

I think Pokemon Conquest takes place in the same time as the mainline games.
I mean it may seem all ancient and whatnot, but then they talk about a land where people catch Pokemon in balls and whatnot.

I guess Ransei's just really separated from everywhere else.

upandaway

I think Pokemon Conquest takes place in the same time as the mainline games.
I mean it may seem all ancient and whatnot, but then they talk about a land where people catch Pokemon in balls and whatnot.

I guess Ransei's just really separated from everywhere else.
Yeah they were talking about Pokeballs, though to be fair Pokeballs aren't the newest technology there is in that world, so it doesn't really prove anything.

I was really surprised by how well Ransei integrates into the Pokemon world. It's, like, the most complimentary spin-off Pokemon ever had. There's really no contradiction with the mainline games.

Which is so not what I expected. I mean, seriously. Who woulda thunk it.

Korosenai

Does anyone have a Hitmonchan they could trade me? (Preferably Male, though it would be ok if it wasn't)

I really have nothing of note to trade besides a lvl. 1 Deino with a Timid nature. It also knows Dark Pulse.

Does anyone have a Hitmonchan they could trade me? (Preferably Male, though it would be ok if it wasn't)

I really have nothing of note to trade besides a lvl. 1 Deino with a Timid nature. It also knows Dark Pulse.

If no one else offers you one, I can maybe trade you one tomorrow.

Just as a note, Hitmonchan and the others in his family can only be male.

Thus, they must be bred with Ditto.

Gregorn

I'm 1 Mesprit away from finishing the national pokedex, excluding event pokemon and whatnot.

I remember spending hours when I first got Diamond trying to catch it, and I still can't now.

I'm 1 Mesprit away from finishing the national pokedex, excluding event pokemon and whatnot.

I remember spending hours when I first got Diamond trying to catch it, and I still can't now.

Which event Pokémon are you missing? If it's anything but Mew or Manaphy, I can hook you up.

Best Poison-type is Gengar (closely followed by Crobat), by the way. Conquest and Hattori Hanzo have given me newfound respect for the OG Ghost guy.

Gregorn

Which event Pokémon are you missing? If it's anything but Mew or Manaphy, I can hook you up.

Celebi, Shaymin and the 5th gen ones.

I might take up the offer for a Shaymin at some point, but I kinda like not ever having a Celebi. It's one of the few Pokemon that still feels rare to me.

Frost_Ace

I'd give you mine but I need it for breeding purposes :(

anyway there are already people battling online with bw2 pokes, just battled someone with truant/entertainment Durant :/

Celebi, Shaymin and the 5th gen ones.

I might take up the offer for a Shaymin at some point, but I kinda like not ever having a Celebi. It's one of the few Pokemon that still feels rare to me.

I can trade you my Victini and Shaymin as long as I get them back at a later time. I only have one of each, sorry :(

And even if you have Celebi in your PokéDex, it'll still be rare. I took advantage of the HGSS event last February and stocked up on 6 of them for an occassion like this one ;D

MikeMyers

tumblr_m6iljbBdhs1ql3yn4o1_400.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
RBGY were the worst games, followed by GSC, then RSE... Each game is better than the last.

Objectivity != opinion.

I'd say that's about right except that Gen 1 is better then Gen 2. Gen 3 is only better than gen 1 because Fire Red/Leaf Green are so ballin.

Also if you want to go further this really holds true with the third versions being better than that gen's duo.

Kokonoe

Banned
I've covered my thoughts on what and why I consider the best a few times already.

Pokemon news is rather scarce lately it seems. Wonder when we'll find out something new?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm positive Genesect is being revealed in a few days.

We've got the PokeDex Pro, with an ad earlier saying Genesect was in it, CoroCoro which advertised a new "Illusion Pokemon" (what they call Legendaries in Japan), and Pokemon Sunday all airing the 15th.

We've got the PokeDex Pro, with an ad earlier saying Genesect was in it, CoroCoro which advertised a new "Illusion Pokemon" (what they call Legendaries in Japan), and Pokemon Sunday all airing the 15th.

They sure are going through these event Pokemon really fast.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
They sure are going through these event Pokemon really fast.

Well, with Keldeo and Meloetta, it made sense a bit since we were one year behind since Movie 14 went with Victini...but yeah, Genesect already is weird.

Makes me wonder if we're getting a spin-off (the long rumored Wii RPG?) with Genesect in a central role.

Plus the Keldeo movie has a trailer airing after it which heavily features Genesect.

And, wouldn't you know it, Coro Coro has just leaked with it.

Or maybe Generation 6 is coming down the road pretty soon.

I'd bet hard cash on it.

So I'm still the only one who thinks Gen 6 is coming in 2014?

Their strategy since the 3DS launched makes precisely zero sense if it doesn't come out until then.

Certainly there's no justification for revealing Genesect this early unless they have something to reveal early next year that Genesect would distract from. Revealing it in the August dead zone rather than in Spring next year would be unprecedented otherwise.

It just seems to me that the only real argument for a 2014 release (in Japan) for Gen VI is that the series has traditionally run to that timescale. I just feel that there are so many variables and circumstances at the moment that haven't been present in previous generational handovers that tradition is fairly meaningless at this point.

Also, tradition would have given us Grey, not Black and White 2.

Rather have Ruby and Sapphire remakes then Gen 6.

I suspect these will be coming after Gen VI games. Ruby and Sapphire are still playable, after all, and the idea of Game Freak releasing DS games next year would be far riskier than anything else they've done with the franchise. However, I doubt that the first games on 3DS would be remakes, so I'm guessing they'll wait until the series is firmly established on hardware that doesn't support Ruby and Sapphire.

Kokonoe

Banned
When I look at Kyogre's and Groudon's shinies, I'd say it'd been a lot better if their shinies were Groudon colored Kyogre, and Kyogre colored Groudon.

OMG Aero

I have this nagging feeling that this might just have been the shortest generation yet.
Man I hope not.
To be honest I've rather they just have a break next year or rely on side games or remakes instead of moving on to the next generation.
Nintendo are already over saturating Mario this year, if Game Freak start having new generations every other year they could easily do the same thing.

I'm talking about a September 2014 Japanese release. I think the current movie schedule supports this more than Gen 6 hitting next year.

Whereas I'd argue that the fact they're revealing and distributing Genesect this autumn is utterly uncharacteristic of the treatment of main event Pokemon as featured in previous movies, and would suggest that they wouldn't be revealing it now unless they had another reveal in the Spring that Genesect would distract from.
It's not like they're keeping info back about Genesect or anything. Even when they revealed the likes of Victini and Meloetta, they kept certain details back, like V-Create or the Pirouette Forme. They've revealed everything about Genesect, leaving them, as it stands, without anything to reveal in future.

Man I hope not.
To be honest I've rather they just have a break next year or rely on side games or remakes instead of moving on to the next generation.
Nintendo are already over saturating Mario this year, if Game Freak start having new generations every other year they could easily do the same thing.

I think that's pretty alarmist. I mean, if Gen VI were to come out next year, that's a 3 year gap between Generations, and Gen V will have, spinoffs included, as few games as there have ever been in a Gen.

Zeroth

I'm pretty sure Gen VI won't come so soon. I think making the remakes 3DS exclusive makes more sense than releasing a new gen to match them. It could be a nice way to eventually bridge both Gen V and VI on the 3DS

I'm pretty sure Gen VI won't come so soon. I think making the remakes 3DS exclusive makes more sense than releasing a new gen to match them. It could be a nice way to eventually bridge both Gen V and VI on the 3DS

You'd have to make a new engine for the 3DS anyways, so they might as well make a new game first.

I could see Gen 6 starting next fall/winter. At least let us be able to sit and enjoy B/W2 for some time.

Give me a hummingbird Pokemon GameFreak!

Aggrotek

I could see Gen 6 starting next fall/winter. At least let us be able to sit and enjoy B/W2 for some time.

Give me a hummingbird Pokemon GameFreak!

I want evos for:

Seviper
Zangoose
Pinsir
Pachirisu
Poison Eeveelution
Ghost Eeveelution
Dunsparce
Farfetch'd
Heracross
and Durant.

Kokonoe

Banned
If/When there's a Gen 6, all I want them to do really is make less object based Pokemon. At least if it's going to be an object, not a trashbag or an ice cream cone.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
With HG, SS, Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, Black and White, can I catch every non-legendary Hoenn Pokemon? I hate not having Hoenn region on DSi.

You can catch them with basically just HGSS and the Safari Zone. A couple might be in Platinum, though, I forget.

Top Bottom